Online Ordering Rant...

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Razerwire, Jun 20, 2006.

1. Razerwire

Razerwire 99 Problems... Super Mod

News Credits:
    Okay, so most of you are probably aware of the ALT Mirage thing that happened over at TCC... How quickly it sold out and so on...

I have no problem with people snatching up multiples and such... If they have the money, they can do whatever they want... Or even the fact there was such limited quantities... I had no problems with that at all...

What I DO have a problem with is the fact that I HAD a Mirage IN my shopping cart and was in the PROCESS OF CHECKING out only to find out that it was sold after I finished filling out the payment form...

Now I understand that it's the internet and it's hard to govern this sort of thing, but I just have this feeling of being robbed blind right now... As if I were in the grocery store putting stuff into my shopping cart, only to have some passerby reach in and take something in MY cart...

Am I the only one who thinks this is bullshit???

2. Omnibus Prime

Omnibus Prime I'm too old for this shit TFW2005 Supporter

Putting an item in your basket should take it it out of the general pool until you've completed checking out...or said fuck it, changed your mind and closed the window, canceling the whole deal. Like with Ticketmaster for example.

Can't say that's ever happened to me through MC, but I could see what with them being a smaller operation that they might not have the basket/reserve thing. Doesn't make it any less bullshit though.

3. Razerwire

News Credits:
    Exactly!!! That's why it's been bothering me... If it were sold out, so be it... I wasn't quick enough... But I HAD IT IN MY SHOPPING CART!!! And was in the process of paying for it!!! Words can't describe how shafted I feel...:mad  :banghead:  :Gouki: 

4. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    yeah that is crap. I know that HTS's cart system DOES take the item off the list as long as its in your cart, I'd think that all online sites would work that way. sorry dude, but at least you have the sucker on preorder! I don't even have that so there :p 

5. Razerwire

News Credits:
    I was planning on getting him from TCC so I could cancel my preorder with BBTS... Until this fricken debacle happened...:banghead: 

6. REDLINE

News Credits:
    well, goin by their newsletter, their shipment of mirage is on its way, so you proly only have to wait another week or so to get him shipped out :) 

I don't even have prime yet *sigh* damnit.

7. Razerwire

News Credits:
    That's the thing that's worrying me now though... Joel hasn't sent me an e-mail about that... So I'm REALLY hoping that my preorder didn't get mixed up and that I'm gonna be getting the JULY shipment...:banghead: 

8. godsenddeath

godsenddeath . TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:

Online 'shops' got wise to people sticking things in their baskets and leaving them their for days on end. They got wise changed it so that the item isn't removed from stock until it's paid for.

9. Razerwire

News Credits:
    I can see that as a good reason... Fine... That's cool...

But there's gotta be a way around what happened to me... Be it a way where if the product is sitting in someone's cart for more than half an hour, it goes back into the stock... Simple as that...

If you leave an item in your shopping cart for more than the time alotted or if you close your browser, it should go back into the stock...

10. REDLINE

News Credits:
    that might be true, but you forgot to mention that most store's carts have a time limit on them... a lot of stores have less than an hour and the item leaves your basket...

11. Razerwire

News Credits:
    Yeah, exactly... But I guess TCC is too small of an operation to afford such luxuries to its shoppers... And then stuff like this happens... I felt like writing to them to see what they have to say, but then I realized I'd just get the run around...

12. REDLINE

News Credits:
    yeah probably a waste of tendonitis in yer fingers

13. McBradders

McBradders James Franco Club! Moderator

eBay ftw!

14. Boardwise

Boardwise is scary - Sig Killer - M Super Mod

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    *snigger*

15. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Your opinion was noted. Now get lost. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I wouldn't worry too much abou that Razerwire. I recieved that email, but when I looked at my preorder page I'm still scheduled for a July shipment... so is a friend of mine who has Alt Mirage on preorder through BBTS too... he recieved the same email I got, but his preorder still says July. It's possible that BBTS simply hasn't changed the dates on the preorder pages yet... or they didn't expect to get some this early so now they're filling their preorders by date of order and what not. Same thing happened when I preorder Alt Prime through them... wasn't supposed to get him until May, but I've had him since late March thanks to something similar happening with BBTS. Of course that one came out of the blue as I recieved no email until my credit card got charged... so cheer up.

Also, yeah, what happened to you was BS. Most online retailers have it set up so that if you put something in your cart it takes it out of the item count. And doesn't put it back in unless you cancel the order, let an allocated amount of time slip by or close your window. Sometimes these systems do glitch (happened to me once with BBTS where I got charged for something, but they no longer had it in stock even though they said they did, however, Joel and crew were quite quick to make everything all right), but typically if they use this set up than you shouldn't have a problem. Unfortunantly, it seems that the Club Store can't afford simply luxuries like this... I can only hope that the club store exclusive won't have this kind of thing happen to it... that'd be rediculous...

16. Laser_Optimus

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yeah, but the Club Store is the only one I've seen that does what you're talking about. Most others usually have a set up similar to what Redline and myself have both mentioned...

17. Edgewise

Edgewise updated homage

News Credits:
    It's probably not ideal.... but it seems you'd be okay with it if someone beat you to putting it in the shopping cart and you couldn't get it... Where's the big difference to someone beating you to paying for it?

Yes, it was "in" your shopping cart and you thought you had it. But is there really a difference between being in the shopping cart as the "finish line" or paying for it being the finish line? If putting it in the shopping cart was the "end" then presumably someone beat you to it and you wouldn't have gotten it in the shopping cart. Perception and timing.... six of one, half a dozen of the other.

If you had tried to put it in your shopping cart but it was sold out and then a week later someone posted that they put 10 Mirages in the shopping cart and just paid for them then, wouldn't that be "bullshit"?

18. Laser_Optimus

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I think he feels like he was strung along. If the item was out of stock than he shouldn't have been allowed to put it in his cart to begin with.

Talk about symantics...

19. .SentinelPrime Is Dead.

.SentinelPrime Is Dead. Banned

impatience is a bitch.

20. godsenddeath

godsenddeath . TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Yup. A few months from now, Mirage will be common as dirt.