Online longevity?

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Game Discussion' started by Kaymac, Jan 16, 2012.

1. Kaymac

Kaymac I'M REALLY FEELIN' IT!

What do you hope HMS does for FOC so it retains it's online longevity? What most games do is have rewards, medals, that kind of thing. Also, somewhere online to track your stats too.

I'd also say a way to purchase armor customization pieces and such, but judging by the way they are doing the whole character customization thing (which I view as sort of half-assed), I don't see that happening.

Perhaps they could have a basic skeleton for each class, and all Transformers in that class transform the same way, but there are different parts you place on them to make it look different? I think that would work much better than what they are planning now.

2. se-gul

se-gul Well-Known Member

I believe clan support is a component that would help the longevity of online play.

3. Agentknife

Agentknife Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Dedicated servers & host migration. Fix the lag problems that plagued WFC. A comprehensive long term (at least a years worth) DLC plan preferably with a season pass. And I agree that somewhere online to track stats or at least someplace in game to do so is a must. And I want EXTREEMLY detailed stats broken down like Gears of War 3 has theirs. I also agree with Kaymac that there needs to be a reward system and to be fair there was one in place in WFC. But I would like see rewards that give me the ablity to add titles & emblems to my name that I've won. Although I like CODs deal where you can add clan tags and custom make logos I prefer Gears 3s way of doing it with medals earned in game.

4. Blitz.

Blitz. Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    balance patches and cheat prevention you can have all the special decals in the world but it aint worth crap if people are glitching the game to earn them at the expense of fair play

5. Kaymac

There is no PC release so I doubt that would be a problem. Also, chips for using hacked games are hard to get a hold of, and both the Xbox and PS3 will be immediately bricked by the online system if they detect anything of the sort inside. It is a lot harder to hack console games than PC.

6. Barricade24

Barricade24 The Decepticop

News Credits:
    Good maps, great gameplay, challenges, DLC, basically everything WFC had but better.

7. Agentknife

Agentknife Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Maybe, but it happens CONSTANTLY while playing shooters online. Gears of War 2 became almost completly unplayable due to glitchers, and my wife and I play Gears of War 3 on a nightly basis and very few games go by that something fishy go on.

Glitching is a MAJOR problem with online multiplayer on almost every shooter I've played all of which has been on Xbox 360.

8. Smashs

Smashs Internet: Pure Truth Moderator TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    The ability to mute people on the PS3.

9. Kaymac

With the Xbox, it's harder to detect, but the PS3 has software that detects if certain hardware has been removed or replaced, or if a chip has been added. It will immediately brick if it detects something fishy.

Homebrew code is becoming pretty common, as it's so easy to do, but you are an idiot if you use it on a console that you hook up online. Microsoft will disable your online almost immediately.

10. Steevy Maximus

Steevy Maximus Old School Snarkster

News Credits:
    I feel, it doesn't matter what HMS does with FoC's multiplayer component, the game just will not have a very long lived multiplayer component.

This is true of damn near all games: unless it is an amazing element (like Modern Warfare), most games seem to have about a year's worth of solid online activity until the game becomes "old" and newer, more hyped, games get released.

11. Drunk-Wheeljack

Drunk-Wheeljack MrTomo

When more people are still playing the ROTF demo, than people playing WFC's multiplayer....i foresee bad results for FOC's multiplayer