Ongoing Wrestling Discussion thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Night Shift, Nov 28, 2005.

1. JoshFinn

JoshFinn Getting real sick of your shit starscream

This is dope, opposite of a train wreck

2. optimusprime42

optimusprime42 Autobot Leader

News Credits:
    Shane said he would be fair

3. prfctcellrulz

prfctcellrulz Pokémon Trainer/WWE Champion

News Credits:
    I hope to hell I see Bobby Roode on Tuesday...

4. Zathras

Zathras Vive le Quebec Libre

Brock Lesnar Retains the Universal Championship by Pinning Roman Reigns

• Like Like x 1
  5. Waverider

Waverider Supreme Dude

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    I happy with the results. with the fatal four way.

6. Driskull98

Driskull98 Evil is as evil do.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Handle):
    Tumblr:
    Full review:

Hardy's & Jason Jordan vs. Miz & Miztourage: 2.50 stars. Nothing special, and a nonexistent crowd makes for a RAW-tier match. Should've been Jordan vs. Miz for the IC title or something.

Neville vs. Akira Tozawa: 2.75 stars. Again, nothing really interesting. Shit finish, makes no sense to take the belt off of Neville (or even have that fucking match on RAW) if you're just going to put it back on Neville. However, Neville makes a great champ so I'm not too upset with this decision.

New Day vs. Usos: 4.0 stars. Another fantastic match from two fantastic teams. Not even mad that Usos gained the titles back, I don't think New Day really needs to go after them anyways.

John Cena vs. Baron Corbin: 3.0 stars. Average match, hilarious to see Corbin buried, guess those rumors about backstage heat are true.

Natalya vs. Naomi: 3.50 stars. Solid match all around. Natalya finally gets the big one and I couldn't be more happy. Was expecting a Carmella cash-in, but I guess we'll save that for Hell in a Cell or something, I dunno.

Big Cass vs. Big Show: Should've-Been-The-Preshow/5. Garbage match with a garbage stipulation for a garbage wrestler. Waste of card space.

Rusev vs. Randy Orton: .50 stars. Oh my poor Ru-Ru...

Sasha Banks vs. Alexa Bliss: 3.5 stars. Fine match, nice to see both Women's Matches end with submission. Sasha's great in the ring and I'm eager to see if she'll possibly face a heel Bayley.

Finn Balor vs. Bray Wyatt: 3.75 stars. I honestly can never be disappointed in a Demon Finn match. So glad to see him return. Fine match through and through, my favorite spot being Finn just absolutely not giving a shit about Wyatt's spider-walk hypnosis.

Dean Ambrose & Seth Rollins vs. Sheamus & Cesaro: 4.25 stars. Phenomenal match with an awesome feel-good finish. Congrats to Dean for becoming a Grand Slam champion! Also shout-out to Cesaro for best beach ball moment of the year.

AJ Styles vs. Kevin Owens: 4.75 stars. Match of the Night. Fantastic show by both men. Shane refereeing was the icing on the cake. Looks like we're building up to Shane v. Owens at Hell in a Cell/Mania, which I'm okay with.

Jinder Mahal vs. Shinsuke Nakamura: -5.0 stars. Just...fucking why?

Braun Strowman vs. Brock Lesnar vs. Samoa Joe vs. Roman Reigns: 4.50 stars. A popcorn match of epic proportions with some awesome table spots, a great display by Strowman, and finishers out the wazoo. Deducts .50 points for a pretty meh finisher. Really would've rather had Reigns grab the title now than yet another Mania main event.

Overall, I'd give it 3.50 stars. Not a great show at all, but it had solid matches overall. TakeOver Brooklyn 3 was better.

7. optimusprime42

News Credits:
    wait i thought lesner was dropping the title going back to UFC... having joe win

8. Driskull98

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Handle):
    Tumblr:
    IIRC he can't start training until next summer.

Enjoy Roman Main Events Mania Number 4!

In all honesty, I would've rather they had Roman win the belt tonight. I don't mind him at all, but another fucking WM main event is fucking torture.

9. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I don't understand the booking of the Jibder vs Shinsuke match.

They made Shinsuke beat Cena, have Baron lose the MITB to Jinder for this result? Blah!

I don't see how they're pushing Jinder in India when he's a heel.

10. prfctcellrulz

News Credits:
    Because WWE creative is a bunch of idiots that hate America.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Driskull98

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Handle):
    Tumblr:
    India tour is in September. Vince doesn't give two shits about the product in the long run as long as they can get good PR in the now.

And apparently the "speak to my people" promos are face-y. I dunno, it's a fucking mess.

Worked into a shoot.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Cracka J

Cracka J judas in my mind TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Pretty dry ppv for one of the big ones of the year. Main event and tag titles were solid but everything else was just kinda meh.

Also lol rip corbin and rusev. Nice knowing ya.

• Like Like x 1
  13. optimusprime42

News Credits:
    summer slam was like the rest predictable

14. RustyBarnacles

RustyBarnacles Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I have to say the New day vs Uso's should not have been on the pre-show. That match was great. A few really boring matches as usual, a decent finish, and for a moment, I really thought they were going to put the title on Braun.

But that Shinsuke/Jinder match...wow, that was annoying. Of all the times they have guys kicking out of finishers, Nakamura doesn't kick out of Jinder's? I get that there is an India tour coming up and all, but having Jinder retain just kills everything that was done in the weeks prior.

• Like Like x 2
  15. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm not from the US but I can't help but get that impression too...tbh I don't mind if a 'talented' foreigner is holding the WWE title but Jinder?! Up until his title run, the dude's been a jobber?! I think Jinder botched his finisher too? At the rate Jinder is going, he's going to make JBL's run 'legendary'! Blah!

If the WWE wants to the India market so much, why don't they have an 'Asia; Championship belt and have the Indian and Japanese wrestlers duke it out! Blah!

I'm beginning to see why folks are becoming more turned off to WWE. Some of the booking is beyond dumb. They're messed up with Rusev and Ziggler (really wasted IMO) and now they dropped the ball with Corbin and Shinsuke. I can hardly imagine the matches he could be having with Orton, Owens and AJ...both I hope can main event a Wrestlemania...

16. Driskull98

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Handle):
    Tumblr:
    NXT is still awesome, TakeOver Brooklyn 3 proved that. Now with the addition of Adam Cole (BAYBAY) and ReDragon, things are looking interesting.

Rusev and Nakamura can bounce back from this, no problem. Corbin though? Dead as a doornail.

• Like Like x 1
  17. solarstorm

solarstorm Well-Known Member

Russev is negotiating for his release and wants to make some cash on the indies while his name is still fairly big. That's why he got the squash.

• Like Like x 3
  18. prfctcellrulz

News Credits:
  19. KnightHawkke

KnightHawkke Flynn Lives

I hope he gets away, WWE has utterly wasted him from day one, a complete and total joke.

• Like Like x 3
  20. OmegaScourge

OmegaScourge Custom Made TFW2005 Supporter

I dont blame him. Since he was buried by Cena after his first run Creative couldnt figure out what to do with him. Plus the fact that before they went with Jinder he was suppose to be in that Title belt slot.

NXT Takeover, 5 matches in 2 hours. SS-Pre show, 3 matches in 2 hours. SS, 10 (more like 9) in 4 hours. Having it on the pre-show gave them more ring time imo. Plus it gives people more motivation to go see the pre-show too.