Ongoing Wrestling Discussion thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Night Shift, Nov 28, 2005.

1. Waverider

Waverider Supreme Dude

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Any reason why Austin Aries is doing commentary?

2. KnightHawkke

KnightHawkke Flynn Lives

Injury from what I understand, and probably something to try to spice up interest in the cruiserweight matches.

3. RustyBarnacles

RustyBarnacles Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Anyone have a suspicion that with the Undertaker making a Raw appearance next week, they're going to try to build a Goldberg/Taker Wrestlemania match?

4. Shin-Gouki

Shin-Gouki Retired Admln Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Handle):
    Pinterest:
    Jericho with both belts is epic.

• Like Like x 1
  5. prfctcellrulz

prfctcellrulz Pokémon Trainer/WWE Champion

News Credits:
    Don't think so. From what I heard, it'll be Goldberg/Lesnar III at WrestleMania after they eliminate each other from the Rumble.

6. Cracka J

Cracka J judas in my mind TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I'm sorry for joe anoa'i, but the crowd really does have to continue to boo this roman character into the ground to show that this BS has to end. His character has been fed everything, belts, championships, other pros that have been on hot pushes, seth 'freakin rollins, strowman, probably goldberg, and the character is just not popular. Vince chose to push him at the wrong time, under his terms, and it just has backfired ever since. It is time to turn him or start fresh. He has a worse rep than Cena or even Eva marie and is constantly getting shit on AS A FACE. It needs to stop.

Maybe Vince will finally realize this as SDL is starting to catch up and beat the shitshow in the ratings. Maybe he wont. Maybe he will rewrite everything SDL is doing right and make it RAW #2. And he'll add roman to both shows and make him the intergalactic champion.

I started a new resolution for 2017, I just DVR raw and skim. Can catch most of the entertaining bits in about a half hour.
    Sorry too but that Goldberg bit at the end was just trash. Goldberg tried to save it but you can't promo against a brick wall. Should have just left him there with Jericho and KO as the bit was much more entertaining until DA BIG DAWG showed up and took a shit in the center of the ring.

7. UndertakerPrime

UndertakerPrime Unlikeable dry-skinned biped

Well, Intergalactic Champion would mean about the same thing as Universal Champion. So Vinny would have to dig deeper and make Reigns the Interdimensional Champion.
    Or maybe Multiversal Champion, but I doubt Vince is that up-to-date on newer words :D 

........then maybe Temporal Champion..... :p 

Whatever, he could be the Champion of Omniscient Omnipotent Beings in This and Every Other Cosmos and Reigns still wouldn't be over as a face.

Last edited: Jan 3, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  8. prfctcellrulz

News Credits:
    Geez the Reigns hate is real here! :eek: 

Am I the only one on this forum that actually likes him?!

9. KnightHawkke

KnightHawkke Flynn Lives

You can't necessarily confuse "hate" for the pathetic way a roster member is being used as "hate" for them. Personally, I feel very little for the person behind the body armor either way, but it's maddening how Vince is being so stubborn and shortsighted with his handling. It's beyond unreasonable Vince won't do something to change his direction while the opportunity is/was there, if it's not too late again already. They had the perfect chance to hit a reset button on him when he came back from that suspension. The options were there for nearly ANY new direction with the character given the right restart, but nope, they chose probably the worst option, the exact same direction. Full steam ahead on the plans that's getting the most pushback I've witnessed on a person in WWE/F in my life!

Don't confuse disgust with the direction that a person is given in the show narrative with the person.. Most of this "hate" is truly directed at Vince it's all depending on the channel it travels down. That being said, yes, the person behind Reigns is also a smug ass, but that's not necessarily a bad thing alone, it could be made into a perfect run as a corporate heel where he eventually drops smug attitude, starts showing some humbleness and then, and probably only then, will he start making better crowd connections. It's not coincidence that people responded like rabid boy band fans when they started doing the "authority repression" angle on Daniel Bryan and started turning on Roman equally as quickly when they did the same thing for him. There is plenty more I can say on the topic, but that's going to have to wait, have other issues to attend to.

10. prfctcellrulz

News Credits:
    I call it as I see it.

11. UndertakerPrime

UndertakerPrime Unlikeable dry-skinned biped

???
    Not sure where in my post I said anything about hating Reigns...

Like KnightHawkke said, the way Reigns has been booked is the epitome of stubbornness and stupidity, and it really doesn't have anything to do with Reigns himself. Like John Cena, Reigns is more talented than most people give him credit for, and he's put on some good matches. It's the booking and the horrible in-ring persona he's been given that have been his undoing. They keep trying to push him as a Daniel Bryan-esque underdog, but that doesn't work when you look as intimidating as Reigns and when everyone KNOWS you're the "chosen one." The brief times they have pushed him as a badass who doesn't say much and just beats the stew out of people, he has started to get over.

What makes it worse is that I think Reigns would be a GREAT heel, especially given his natural cockiness and jerkiness he's displayed in interviews and on social media time and again. He's just NOT a natural babyface, at least not yet, which is why it's baffling WWE insists on keeping him face when it hasn't worked for 2 STINKING YEARS. The Rock sucked as the "Blue Chipper" Rocky Maivia, and found his character when they turned him. WWE desperately needs to do the same with Reigns before it's too late.

Now, do I like the PERSON Joe Anoa'i? No, he's an arrogant ass. Do I like the CHARACTER Roman Reigns? Right now I'm pretty neutral. I don't hate him like other people do, but I don't love him either.

12. Waverider

Waverider Supreme Dude

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Talking about The Rock:

13. Rodimus74

Rodimus74 Well-Known Member

Wow. The first rumored name for this years HOF class is a complete joke.

14. KnightHawkke

KnightHawkke Flynn Lives

I miss the days when people used to sell, and finishers meant something, damn those were the days.

• Like Like x 1
  15. prfctcellrulz

News Credits:
    Who is it?

16. Rodimus74

Rodimus74 Well-Known Member

Check the dirt sheets. Last time we started posting HOF spoilers people got all butthurt.

17. prfctcellrulz

News Credits:
    (Sees who it is) Hey he deserves it!

18. JoshFinn

JoshFinn Getting real sick of your shit starscream

Can't wait for AJ styles to beat cena again so he can leave for another 4 months,it's time for a new era.

19. prfctcellrulz

News Credits:
    No way. Cena is tying Flair's record.

20. saitoh155

saitoh155 Seeker

I hate to say this, but the writing is on the wall for Skittles to tie the record at the Rumble. It was a good run for Styles, he lasted a year. But the Skittles train is about to roll over him. YYAAAAAYYYYYYY!!!!!! (sarcasm implied heavily).