ongoing BATMAN discussion...(spoilers are possible)

Discussion in 'Comic Books and Graphic Novels' started by Lumpy, Apr 17, 2006.

1. Lumpy

Lumpy Taylor Swift Actionmaster Super Mod

News Credits:
    i figure theres a few of us who read bats, and might as well just make an ongoing thread instead of starting a new on every couple a weeks...so i just read the latest detective and i am so sad they killed scarface...i always loved him....but at least its making it more serious...and i was hoping 2face wouldnt return just yet, but i guess its been 2 or 3 years since he left us, so why not bring him back...i think the new daytime detective shouldnt be there, harvey should be batmans daylight help, but that would mess with the story i guess....anyway, cant wait for the next bats issue....

2. DevilzFan

DevilzFan CobraIsland.com Veteran

So far...Batman OYL has been pretty damn crappy.

3. drippy

drippy is a freethinker.

Hmmm...Batman yes. Detective no.

4. Wreckgar

Wreckgar Anthony Stark Veteran

I saw wurprised to see batman is actually still Bruce. Wonder what made him become more "social"

5. DrSpengler

DrSpengler The Real Ghostbuster

I am a little disappointed they're bringing back Two-Face (or, at least, it looks like they are).

I might've been a bit more supportive of it had Harvey DONE anything since Hush, but no, this has been his most signifigant appearance since (from what I've read, anyhow).

I like Batman's "new" personality, though. He's much more stable yet still a bit of a jerk. Closer to his Animated Series personality.

But so far what excited me most about Batman's OYL story was the Swamp Thing reference.

But that's just me.

6. Chrono Grimlock

Chrono Grimlock Perfect By Nature

News Credits:
    I miss the insane parnoid as fuck Bats.

7. SentinelPrime

SentinelPrime I NEEDED THAT!

Ebay:
    Well I sure as hell don't. I want a dark super-hero, not some nut-job in need of a cell.

8. Chrono Grimlock

News Credits:
    I beleive that's All-Star Batman. I'm talking doesn't trust anyone but those in the Batman finally. That's nice. I already have a dark brooding hero in Nightwing, Batman does not need be a Nightwing-lite.

9. Edge

Edge weapon of destruction

I'm more intrested in whats comming in july, Morrison and Dini on bat titles. Things should pick up then

10. Switchblade

Switchblade Just a raggedy man

News Credits:
    I don't. Batman is supposed to be a hero, not a raving paranoid menace to metahuman society.

Me, I'm digging OYL Batman. The animated version was one of the best takes on the character ever, in my opinion, and it's cool to see the comic version starting to mesh with TAS Bats. Batman and Detective aren't the best OYL books, but they're pretty good.

Robin is also really kicking so far. Nightwing is sucking major donkey, though.

11. Chrono Grimlock

News Credits:
    I didn't consider him a menace, I liked the idea that a hero was keeping tabs on all the super powers, and not just the villains.

12. DrSpengler

DrSpengler The Real Ghostbuster

Creating fail-safes like in Tower of Babel was one thing, but building the Brother I satellite?

That was taking things a bit too far.

I don't think having a character that monitors all metahuman activity on Earth is a bad idea, but don't make it Batman.

He should at least be decent-enough to trust his fellow superheroes and just keep tabs on the trouble-makers.

But that's just the version of Batman *I* prefer. Just not too keen on the "Psycho builds a satellite to watch the superheroes taking showers and going to the bathroom" version.

I like my Batman a balance between "nutcase" and "Adam West".

TAS version fits that bill perfectly for me.

13. Spider Striker

Spider Striker ThisGuyWithTheYellowCap

I don't read the Batman books, but I'm still pissed they made Harvey Two-Face again. I mean.....

:horse: 

14. BlueFrenzy

BlueFrenzy Decepticons forever!

I don't mind that Bats has lightened up and is doing more a of a "fatherly" thing for Robin. Just don't get campy on us! This sort of reminds me of the No Man's Land days where Batman decided that he finally needs help from the Bat family (instead of pushing them away).

Hmmm ... wonder what happened with Jason/Red Hood in the end? Can't be dead from a lame richocet, can he? The SBP continuity waves should heal him right back up, right? Ha ha :)  Hope he's still around because I found him to be a decent villain, as opposed to the morons that they are FINALLY killing off like Ventriloquist/Scarface and KGBeast.

15. Switchblade

News Credits:
    Jason is over in Nightwing, where he's made a copy of Dick's costume and is going out and killing petty criminals. You can pick up the last two issues if you're really curious, but I'd advise against it; they're pretty bad.

16. Shipwreck

Shipwreck Will smack your bitch

Dini writing Batman?! that is like a dream come true.

17. BlueFrenzy

BlueFrenzy Decepticons forever!

Switchblade ... you pwn'd me!! AHHH! no worries, I picked up those Nightwings but haven't read them yet (still reading the IC tie-in of Nightwing). I figured that Jason was still alive judging from the curvy knife.

18. wheeljack01

wheeljack01 Happiness is a warm gun

I also like my batman to be like the animated version and like theNeal Adams version without saying some of the late 60's and early 70's lingo. I would not mind reading this series because Robinson is a pretty good writer but I just haven't got around to it. I still think Jason in the nightwing costume costume is funny. I wonder if he lived in our continuity what costume he would of wore once he eventually quit being Robin ala Nightwing?

19. Switchblade

News Credits:
    Hey, it's your $6. Just don't say I didn't warn you.

I'm guessing a McDonald's uniform. "You want fries with that? I used to be a superhero, you know."

20. wheeljack01

wheeljack01 Happiness is a warm gun

That's funny!:D