one year later...

Discussion in 'Comic Books and Graphic Novels' started by .SentinelPrime Is Dead., Nov 25, 2005.

1. .SentinelPrime Is Dead.

.SentinelPrime Is Dead. Banned

from the http://forums.millarworld.tv/index.php?showtopic=55779 forums (concerning the recent wizard)

One of these characters will give birth in '06: Wonder Woman, Power Girl, Catwoman or Oracle

...will be stripped of their powers: Superman, Wonder Woman, Supergirl, Green Lantern (Hal)

...will become the mayor of a crime-riddled city: Wally West, Dick Grayson, Bruce Wayne, Oliver Queen

...will have amnesia and be unable to tell friend from foe: MM, Aquaman, Atom, Elongated Man

...will take the mantle of the most powerful hero in the DCU: Booster Gold, Animal Man, Kyle Rayner, Earth-2 Superman

...will become a criminal: Hal Jordan, Superman, Flash, Captain Marvel

...WILL BE THE ONLY ONE AROUND AFTER "INFINITE CRISIS": Wally West, Superboy (Connor), Guy Gardner, Nightwing

One of these teams won't survive Infinite Crisis: JLA, JLA, JLA, JLA

...will becomes the military's secret weapon: Cyborg, Wonder Woman, Red Tornado, John Stewart

...will destroy an entire country and kill millions: Braniac, Sinestro, Black Adam, Vandal Savage

2. DevilzFan

DevilzFan CobraIsland.com Veteran

Just my guesses

3. DarkAngelPrime

DarkAngelPrime Lawful Good

For me this news is one part excitement and nine parts dread, specially that "ONLY ONE AROUND AFTER "INFINITE CRISIS" one.

4. BillsToys83

BillsToys83 <b>Botcon 2006 Dealer</b>

My guesses:

One of these characters will give birth in '06: Oracle

...will be stripped of their powers: Green Lantern (Hal)

...will become the mayor of a crime-riddled city: Oliver Queen

...will have amnesia and be unable to tell friend from foe: The Atom

...will take the mantle of the most powerful hero in the DCU: Kyle Rayner

...will become a criminal: Hal Jordan

...WILL BE THE ONLY ONE AROUND AFTER "INFINITE CRISIS": Superboy (Connor)

One of these teams won't survive Infinite Crisis: JLA

...will becomes the military's secret weapon: John Stewart

...will destroy an entire country and kill millions: Black Adam

5. Switchblade

Switchblade Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    My guesses:

One of these characters will give birth in '06: Catwoman. Power Girl already did the baby thing (which was immediately forgotten by everyone, nice to hear an indication that she might still be around after IC, though). Besides, it looks like Batman is about to find out that his Earth-2 counterpart and Catwoman had a daughter and it might strike him as a good idea.

...will be stripped of their powers: Wonder Woman. I can see it being done as her punishment, especially if the rumors of Donna Troy taking over as Wonder Woman are true. Not Hal, he just got his back.

...will become the mayor of a crime-riddled city: Wally West. It would explain how he's still around but Bart Allen is the Flash.

...will have amnesia and be unable to tell friend from foe: MM. He's missing for a reason, I'm sure.

...will take the mantle of the most powerful hero in the DCU: Booster Gold. Because that would be funny as hell.

...will become a criminal:Captain Marvel. GL's already been there, and it looks like the Big Red Cheese is going to undergo a lot of changes with Shazam being dead now.

...WILL BE THE ONLY ONE AROUND AFTER "INFINITE CRISIS": Wally West. It's already been hinted that he survives just fine. And note that Nightwing is the only one they didn't refer to by name. My guess is Dick Grayson will be fine, but won't be Nightwing anymore. And Guy was in the Giffen/DeMatteis Justice League, so you know he's marked for death.

One of these teams won't survive Infinite Crisis: JLA. Obviously, it's already fallen apart.

...will becomes the military's secret weapon: Red Tornado. But only if it's Ma Hunkel. :lol 

...will destroy an entire country and kill millions: Black Adam. It would finally tie up that storyline about his country.

6. Scantron

Scantron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    My guesses:

One of these characters will give birth in '06: Wonder Woman

...will be stripped of their powers: Wonder Woman

...will become the mayor of a crime-riddled city: Oliver Queen

...will have amnesia and be unable to tell friend from foe: Atom

...will take the mantle of the most powerful hero in the DCU: Earth-2 Superman (as the new Spectre)

...will become a criminal: Captain Marvel

...WILL BE THE ONLY ONE AROUND AFTER "INFINITE CRISIS": Guy Gardner. For this one, I figure Wally's going to die (not a DC reboot unless they kill a speedster!), Connor/Superboy's going to die (origin is such a convoluted mess that he needs to die) and Dick's going to take over as Batman, effectively 'killing' Nightwing.

One of these teams won't survive Infinite Crisis: Titans. Sure, they said JLA, but if Superboy dies, Bart takes over as Flash and Donna takes over as Wonder Woman, that would take a lot out of the Titans.

...will becomes the military's secret weapon: Cyborg

...will destroy an entire country and kill millions: Braniac...and the country will be France.

7. DevilzFan

I can't see Ollie doing the "Mayor" thing. He's too anti-politics.

8. .SentinelPrime Is Dead.

Heres some more news.

Okay, here's the link: http://www.newsarama.com/forums/sho...?threadid=50426

Highlights:

- Keith Giffen-penned Blue Beetle ongoing

- Rucka joins Churchill on Supergirl as Loeb's replacement (now it will actually be good!)

- Beechen and Kerschl on Robin (great news)

- Ongoing Checkmate series by Rucka and Saiz

- Ongoing Shadowpact series written and DRAWN by Willingham (who knew?)

- Bruce Jones is the new Nightwing writer

- Terry Dodson will be drawing the new Wonder Woman series (oh hell yes)

Sounds awesome. Check the link for more stuff.

9. DevilzFan

From the link in the first thread:

So my guess is Kyle now for most Powerful........Ion was a ******ed gimmick too.

10. j3

j3 Hampton Yount is my Crow T. Robot TFW2005 Supporter

Actually whoever typed these up out of Wizard was just lazy, all 4 mentioned are "Name/Superhero name"
    also it's "Which hero will become a criminal in the eyes of the world?" meaning they might not actually become a true criminal.

11. Gears

Gears buh-buh-body ya Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    What an explosive year to be a comic book reader! :rock 

12. Spider Striker

Spider Striker ThisGuyWithTheYellowCap

I'll throw in my guesses.

One of these characters will give birth in '06: Oracle

...will be stripped of their powers: Wonder Woman. Not only because of the rumors, but they they just re-introduced Supergirl, just got Hal his powers back, and I can't really see them doing it to Superman.

...will become the mayor of a crime-riddled city: Wally West. Didn't someone say Barry Allen was back?

...will have amnesia and be unable to tell friend from foe: MM. Like Switchblade said, he's missing for a reason.

...will take the mantle of the most powerful hero in the DCU: I want it to be Kyle (I really liked the Ion story), but I have a feeling it'll be Earth-2 Supes.

...will become a criminal: Captain Marvel seems to be the best one out of those. I doubt they'll make Hal a criminal again.

...WILL BE THE ONLY ONE AROUND AFTER "INFINITE CRISIS": I don't want it to be any of the choices here, except maybe Gardener. I especially don't want them to kill Superboy or Nightwing. (Plus, you know if they kill this S-Boy, they'll just bring in another one later.)

...will becomes the military's secret weapon: I got a feeling it'll be Stewart. No idea why.

...will destroy an entire country and kill millions: Braniac or Sinestro.

13. Edge

Edge weapon of destruction

my guesses
    One of these characters will give birth in '06: Wonder Woman, Power Girl, Catwoman or Oracle

read a theory the other day about the batman year 100 story and seeing a gordon there so maybe Oracle. But then again we never know

...will be stripped of their powers: Superman, Wonder Woman, Supergirl, Green Lantern (Hal) Superman I'll expline why in a minute

...will become the mayor of a crime-riddled city: Wally West, Dick Grayson, Bruce Wayne, Oliver Queen
    Queen or West mainly cause these 2 just feel right but Probably Queen havent read Arrow in a bit but he was helping kids out in the sounds of violence story so maybe he's just stepping up?

...will have amnesia and be unable to tell friend from foe: MM, Aquaman, Atom, Elongated Man

MM, Aquaman, or the atom. MM cause of he was gone for a reason, Aquaman cause maybe he will be so tramatized by what the spectre could do to his city he gets amnesia, or the atom cause being small for that long did something to his brain

...will take the mantle of the most powerful hero in the DCU: Booster Gold, Animal Man, Kyle Rayner, Earth-2 Superman

Earth-2 superman cause they are renumbering the superman titles to the classic set so he may become the superman and since there cant be 2 supermen kal-el becomes powerless and lives as a civi

...will become a criminal: Hal Jordan, Superman, Flash, Captain Marvel

Too much of a toss up here really
    ...WILL BE THE ONLY ONE AROUND AFTER "INFINITE CRISIS": Wally West, Superboy (Connor), Guy Gardner, Nightwing

Gardner cause if you go by the rummors dicks going to be putting on the cape and cowl, west will be mayor possably or handing it off to impules and superboy well i dont know really

One of these teams won't survive Infinite Crisis: JLA, JLA, JLA, JLA
    I'm guessing the legion of superheroes?

...will becomes the military's secret weapon: Cyborg, Wonder Woman, Red Tornado, John Stewart

Red tornado cause well he can make tornados and it be a good weapon for the military. Or maybe Stewart makes a sort of gl corps on earth that is military people like a strike team in case something like the crisis happens again

...will destroy an entire country and kill millions: Braniac, Sinestro, Black Adam, Vandal Savage

Adam, or braniac ether one is capable

14. Wreckgar

Wreckgar Anthony Stark Veteran

News Credits:
    One of these characters will give birth in '06: Catwoman

...will be stripped of their powers: Wonder Woman (because you know, doing it to Hal again won't get anyone stoned in the street)

...will become the mayor of a crime-riddled city: Dick Grayson (I'd like ot see him both become Batman and the Mayor of Gotham. Would make for some interesting senarios)

...will have amnesia and be unable to tell friend from foe: MM (he needs something)

...will take the mantle of the most powerful hero in the DCU: Kyle Rayner

...will become a criminal: Superman (I have a feeling this will tie into Wonder Woman somehow)

...WILL BE THE ONLY ONE AROUND AFTER "INFINITE CRISIS": Guy (I see Greyson around but no longer as Nightwing, Superboy will I fear have the same fate as Crisis Supergirl BOO! and I think Wally bites it.)

...will becomes the military's secret weapon: John Stewart

...will destroy an entire country and kill millions: Black Adam (he's going to turn on his own country)

15. Predakwon

Predakwon ...Green Lantern's light!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Uhm, who's MM?

16. Gears

Gears buh-buh-body ya Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Martian Manhunter

17. ArmadaJetfire

ArmadaJetfire Yamato is go! ;D

One of these characters will give birth in '06: Catwoman

...will be stripped of their powers: Wonder Woman

...will become the mayor of a crime-riddled city: Bruce Wayne (this would be a great set up for Dick to become Batman.)

...will have amnesia and be unable to tell friend from foe: MM

...will take the mantle of the most powerful hero in the DCU: Earth-2 Superman (Although Booster Gold would be a friggin woot! And its not like they havent turned someone with no real powers into a supervillian Hawk/Monarch/Extant anyone?)

...will become a criminal: Superman. The key is "In the eyes of the world" Think about it. Bats acusses him of not doing enough, etc, etc. I can finally see Clark snapping. To quote Kingdom Come, "An anger that would cower Satan." (Or something close to it.) Clark goes into a self imposed exile for a while and E-2 Supes takes over. On the flips side I could see Captain Marvel (Althou that would FRIGGIN piss me off! But see below.)

...WILL BE THE ONLY ONE AROUND AFTER "INFINITE CRISIS": Guy Gardner

...will becomes the military's secret weapon: Red Tornado

...will destroy an entire country and kill millions: Black Adam. Adam destroys his country prompting Capt. Marvel to go stop him. Something pushes Capt beyond the breaking point, (Maybe Stargirl gets hurt by Adam. I could see Captain Marvel erupting at this.) and Kills Black Adam. Think of that battle!!!!! Capt finally gets Adam on the ropes, pinned to the ground, rdy to hit the knock out punch. Adam says the magic word and becomes normal. He pleds with Captain Marvel to let him live. You can see the sorrow, the regret, the ultimate saddness on Marvels face.
    "I'm sorry....you've gone too far."
    And drops the hammer.

18. Spider Striker

Spider Striker ThisGuyWithTheYellowCap

You have some of the best ideas on this fourm.

19. ArmadaJetfire

ArmadaJetfire Yamato is go! ;D

Thank you sir :)  :thumbs2: 
    Too bad that DC will do something dumb to turn one of those heroes into a criminal.
    :stick: 

20. .SentinelPrime Is Dead.

i dont tink the character will become a criminal. I think they ment viewed as a criminal.