One year later

Discussion in 'Transformers Animated Discussion' started by AniProwl, Aug 18, 2008.

1. AniProwl

AniProwl Banned

News Credits:
    It has been one year since the first images of toys and cartoon came out. Now, toys are out, two cartoon seasons have passed, and the anticipation for Season three is upon us.

I give it three out of five stars. Before I give a detailed reason,I want to ask everyone else.
    What do you think of Animated now? (Please explain in detail)

2. ActionMasterZod

ActionMasterZod LarzArz on twitter, man.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Well seeing the this was the first TF cartoon where I was around for the very first info that was released, it will always have a special place for me. But rating it as a show, it wasn't the best (I'm looking at you, episodes with crappy morals). But whenever there was a Decepticon thrown in there, the show really shined, and showed of some of the best episodes. And it seems to have been alot better than the Energon and Cybertron episodes I have seen, Armada being my favorite series (Go forth, and hate!)

And only one word can describe the toys. Fantastic.
    The only figure I really don't like at all is Cybertron Megs. And even Slag turned out to be a pretty good figure.

3. darksage78

darksage78 Maximal

I enjoyed it for the most part. There are a few episodes that are easily forgettable imo but there are some that were really, really good and warrant rewatching like "Lost and Found", "Thrill of the Hunt", "Mission Accomplished" and a few others that I forget the titles to. Rating wise? I'd give S1 3/5 and S2 3.5/5 since S2 was a lot more Decepticon focused and not to mention they brought in a lot of them great guest stars =D I say bring on S3 and I don't mind it being next spring, at least I'll have less distractions in university lol

4. SoundMaster

SoundMaster Likes RID Bulkhead.

News Credits:
    The overlord of all TF history.

Really, it's everything I ever wanted in a TF show and toy series and more.

5. Incepticon

Incepticon Double Agent

News Credits:
    Fun show. Pretty good voice acting. Great animation quality (not to be confused with animation style). Save for some overly obvious size discrepancies (Lugnut & Sentinel) and ongoing QC issues, the toys themselves are extremely well engineered and look unbelievably close to how they appear on screen. Will continue to watch the show and probably continue to buy the figures sans the silly make-no-sense repaints.

That said, I still can't deny or downplay how extremely kiddie the show is or how Playskool the design style aesthetic is. I'm watching the show and buying the figures, so obviously I'm coming to terms with it and don't intend to defend my opinion. I also don't consider 13 episodes to be a full season, so as far as I'm personally concerned, Seasons 1 & 2 are actually just Season 1 split into two parts. I'd hope Season 3 is at least 22-26 episodes.

Still hoping to get a new series one day that has Animated's animation quality & voice acting calibre mixed with the old G1 aesthetic and a more mature focus.

6. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    I give it a perfect 5. Animated is way better than I ever expected. It's not Beast wars, but it did it's job perfectly.

7. Dinobot Nuva

Dinobot Nuva Johnny 3 Tears Veteran

News Credits:
    Show is great as a Transformers show, and certainly better than a lot of other current cartoons, but outside that niche it isn't THAT amazing. The fandom nods throughout the series is what I think really won the majority of us over, not to mention we've been stuck with the Unicron Trilogy for the past few years, and ANYTHING can be better than that horrible dub job. Toys've had a great run so far, but it seems like they're starting to fizzle out very fast, hopefully Hasbro shows us some more new stuff soon so the line won't die all miserable like. Hell, it barely feels like a complete line and there isn't a ton of stuff to be looking forward too at this point, it just feels kind of scarce.
    DN

8. kllrwlf

kllrwlf Well-Known Member

I give animated a 4/5.

It's better then expected... better then most of the previous TFs.

It hasn't reached epic levels that Beast Wars did... but it's pretty damn good.

I got all giddy when the Ark transformed to reveal Omega Supreme. :D 

9. AniProwl

AniProwl Banned

News Credits:
    All right,
    Let's talk about the many apects for this cartoon
    Animation-fluid yet inconsistent ("Rise of Constructicons is big example)
    Voice Acting- Superb despite the low budget only allowing certain characters to talk when others just stand there. I mean, come on talk some dialog ( Look at Fistful of Energon for this)
    Where in the world is this series' background music?
    Story- Pretty good despite them hardly being a robots in disguise
    Characters- How come each AutoBot (except jazz) has to be a snob at one point of the show? Supervillains have got to go except Headmaster, Archer,and Meltdown. Also, come out of the cave, Cons and kick some Autobutt! Sari and Fanzone are good while Isaac is meh.

Just my :2c: 

10. Feralstorm

Feralstorm I ship Nick & Judy TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Like most I had the initial "holy crap it is different and therefore horrible" reaction, but got over it quickly and well before the show actually aired. Toys were similar - I was surprised and a little concerned that they looked as much like the cartoon designs as they did (my expectations being a little more along the lines of the G1 and BW level of variation between media and plastic), but once I got a few of the good ones have been a strong supporter.

Overall, I still find Beast Wars to be a stronger show overall, though Animated seems to have found its stride a lot quicker than BW did starting from episode 1. To be honest, Animated would have to be pretty bad for me to not just be happy to get a new TF show with a western sense of story structure and humor. (I like when the gags and dialog are actually funny, and not sorta-culture-filtered-funny-ish.) If Animated has a failing for me, it's that its storytelling form tends to focus on one or two characters almost exclusively per episode, and there's a lot of "Someone learns a very important lesson about life" going on. If it's a Bumblebee-centric episode, Prime or Ratchet might be lucky to get any lines at all, for example. Still, the show is written for the kids, not the adults, and the idea that I enjoy it as much as I do speaks to the writing. Finallly, Animated is a rare TF show in that I feel the human characters (just about all of them) add to the tapestry of its world instead of being a distraction at best, annoying drag at worst.

So... It's pretty OK.

11. swarlock

swarlock Autobot Supporter

If I had any doubts to the contrary about what I thought the show SHOULD'VE been. They went out the window.

I realized that at the end of it Transformers as a series was never going to go back to the way it was before. I accepted that and don't even give it a second thought anymore.

12. dark69

dark69 BlackArachnia Terrorize!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    its the best tf show ever i love it

13. ian5555

ian5555 Well-Known Member

It was ok, definitely glad to have something transformers but it could be alot better if they fought more and they had better writing. Toys are pretty decent but glad I am all caught up so I can focus on G1 stuff. I'm reading all the DW/IDW comics again making me miss all the G1 characters and what a real Transformers cartoon could be like but ohh well, this will do for now I guess. Omega was awesome.

14. Tekkaman Blade

Tekkaman Blade Professor of Animation

News Credits:
    Plot wise it's great. Best writing we have had since beast wars. The figures are excellently designed little to no kibble and near perfect show accuracy. I don't mind the style of animation, but I know it could be slightly more detailed and more fluid if handled by a better anime company. Gonzo who did the last series could do amazing things with this style of animation. Or you could use Gainax and go the Gurren Laggan route. With a slightly better budget and some great storyboard designs this series could be truly the series to remember all while keeping the same art style.

15. justinRODimus

justinRODimus Well-Known Member

I PLEAD THA FIFFFFFF!! ONE, TWO, THREE, FOUR, FIIIFFFFFFFFFFF!!!! anyway, i give it a 5. I'm 18 years old soon and never thought I'd ever watch a cartoon ever, but since it was transformers related, i checked it out and DAMN!!! 5/5!

16. AutobotMarine

AutobotMarine Banned

Ebay:
    I give Animated a solid 9.5 out of 10. It isn't the best TF series, but it could be one of the best. I still think Beast Wars is the best TF series ever made so far.

17. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    One year later, I look back on a certain promotional poster, recall the reactions fans had to it, and come up with this:

[​IMG]

18. Boy who screams

Boy who screams Banned

That's a pretty terrible picture of Optimus, I can understand why people didn't like the aesthetic...

19. AutobotMarine

AutobotMarine Banned

Ebay:
    He looks as if he's about to take a crap.

20. heshanj

heshanj Banned

News Credits:
    its my favorite TF cartoon and one of my favorite toylines..the cartoon is really good...great characters, very good dialogue etc....the episodes were mostly really good..
    great mix of action and humor..the toys, i was initially reluctant to get them thinking theyre too kiddish, but was convinced by many on this forum that theyre awesome...i now have 17 animated figures, and i love them all :D  great great line....5/5 on both cartoon and toyline from me!