One thing you wish TFP had or did

Discussion in 'Transformers Robots In Disguise / Prime Discussion' started by supernova222, Jan 10, 2017.

1. Leopard5

Leopard5 Human in disguise

News Credits:
    Supposedly the junk truck of TF5 is a Star seeker of some kind

• Like Like x 1
  2. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout Hammer of the Gunplas

Personally, I think Dreadwing was the Dinobot character, because they killed off Breakdown when Baldwin quit the show.

And Breakdown...goddamn, so much wasted potential. I badly wanted to have him come back and fight a mind war with Silas over the resurected body but instead they brought him back just to kill him again. And then again one last time in Thirst.

I would like to know just what the actual hell ended up leading to the abandonment of following the Binder of Revelation that was supposed to have prevented such deviation in the first place.

My personal favorite of those idiotic 'no, it's not in continuity with the thing Hasbro says it's in continuity with because - !" moments was the whole Flying Mind debacle. To this day we don't know what exactly was the intent of that episode going off of the producer's word that it was not Trypticon the whole time...even though the episode largely makes actual sense if you consider it is actually Trypticon.

Despite continuity being shoehorned into following Prime and having Trypticon be forced into becoming the Nemesis, right down to nigh-identical ship appearances because of continuity.

And also Trypticon having a damn good reason to hate everybody already as opposed to the completely unexplained motivations of...whatever the producers seem to think we can actually figure out from the nothing the episode actually tells us about.

The only reason that ever happened, as far as I can tell, is because the producers were whiny idiots who were so keen on trying to have their show be completely theirs and not actually attached to existing continuity...ironically ruining the very Aligned concept that was supposed to be super-loose with continuity in the first place.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Applejacktimus

Applejacktimus Likes Alpha Bravo

Pretty much.

I've thought that too, but his being a reuse of Skyquake's model made me think that he was just a sort of replacement for whoever that character was supposed to be, but it just hit me that he's voiced by Tony Todd, who's kind of a big deal. insert force awakens joke here

They still kind of dropped the ball with Dreadwing's character too though.

4. Autobot Burnout

Nah, the model was always intended to be Dreadwing, they just were clever with the supposed 'limitations' when it came to developing the character assets and made up the whole 'twin jet dudes' thing to have some fanwank with Skyquake, only to kill him off immediately as a catalyst for Dreadwing showing up.

And really, when it comes to VA name star power, Prime dropped the ball everywhere. The Rock as Cliffjumper? Two episodes at BEST. Tom Kenny as an insecticon? I don't think he even got a name credit for that.

Meanwhile, Rescue Bots got freakin' D. C. Douglas (Wesker, Legion) as Chase and when whoever played Chris Redfield (forgot the name) guest starred, they had a fun behind-the-scenes thing in the studio where they mock-acted their RE characters over some egg business.

5. NOCV

NOCV Cretin of Kaon

From The Art of Transformers Prime:
    DSC_0662.JPG

Megatron restores Trypticon in TFP in my mind, and here's how it happens:

Immediately after destroying the Autobot base, Vehicons find the Forge of Solus Prime in the wreckage. The Forge is a giant hammer that fixes anything while in a Prime's hand.

Though Optimus severed Megatron's stolen Prime arm at the destruction of the Omega Lock, Megatron would have likely recovered it because of it being key to the Forge's power.

So, the Vehicons find the Forge, and the arm's off-screen: presumably on the Nemesis with the other captured relics.

Now, with the military advancing on Megatron at Darkmount, Megatron tells Starscream not to dispatch his armada to destroy them. Instead he has the cannons of Darkmount obliterate them.

Then it cuts to Jasper, Nevada all but leveled. Here's how it got leveled:

After firing the cannons of Darkmount on humankind, Megatron decides there is little reason to hold back anymore and seizes the opportunity that the Forge provides him.

Upon returning to the Nemesis at Darkmount, he uses the Prime's severed arm to clutch the Forge once more, and hammers it down upon the Nemesis, restoring him from his permanent stasis lock.

With Trypticon reawakened, Megatron orders him to level Jasper.

When the Autobots steal the Forge to fix Optimus they find that it's almost depleted of its fixing energy, which restoring a titan like Trypticon would probably do.

I haven't been able to justify why we never see it or hear it referred to or him transform again, but my thinking is it takes an immense amount of energon for him to transform, and so he spends most time in Nemesis mode - which would be the most use to the 'Cons.

And it all works since none of the Autobots are around to witness it, other than the captured and unconscious Wheeljack (Hasbro, if you read this, Trypticon can return as a sleeper agent for the Decepticons since the Nemesis was last seen under Autobot control and they would have no idea any of the above happened).

At least that's how I figure he fits in my collection:

DSC_0743~01-picsay.jpg

Last edited: Mar 16, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Autobot Burnout

Yeah, that's what I meant - if the sentience in the ship is Trypticon, then everything makes sense.

The producers of the show are on recorded interview as saying the sentience is not Trypticon. Despite the ship being Trypticon.

I don't have a readily available clip of the interview, but you gotta remember that these people almost intentionally worked to destroy every attempt to actually link Prime to the rest of Aligned.

7. NOCV

NOCV Cretin of Kaon

Yeah, well, good thing we all know otherwise.

I'm sure it was something that got dropped due to the budget killing TFP, but that is Trypticon in there. Megatron purposely put him in stasis lock for failing to defeat the Autobots. He even sounds similar to WFC Trypticon in Hive Mind.

I don't know. I love TFP, and really enjoy that there's an ongoing continuity, but I've never understood how we go from FoC to TFP. What happens in between?

8. Coffee

Coffee (╭☞ꗞᨓꗞ)╭☞

News Credits:
    You also forgot the part when there was supposed to be side-changing going both ways throughout season 3. Prompting people to speculate whether Dreadwing was going to switch over to the Autobots, and which Autobot was going to join the Decepticons. Then Season 3 ends with Knock Out going "Oh yeah, I'm switching sides." Only AFTER all the conflict is resolved.

9. autobotlongarm

autobotlongarm Well-Known Member

I wish there was more characters and more fights in the show.

10. Applejacktimus

*sighs*

Damn.

11. NOCV

NOCV Cretin of Kaon

Sierra?

12. Applejacktimus

[​IMG]

Ouch. That's gotta hurt her feelings.

[​IMG]

^ She was the human Jack had a crush on who appeared for... three episodes? They kind of quickly wrote her out for whatever reason.

• Like Like x 1
  13. NOCV

NOCV Cretin of Kaon

I thought it was her or one of the other high schoolers. It was ok with me that they were marginalized. More time for bots.

14. Applejacktimus

Feel the same way, just think that if you're gonna start an arc, actually go through with it. I would've preferred that to just completely abandoning it.

15. RADimus prime

RADimus prime not so well known member just known

Prime is re-airing on discovery family as is nothing new. But my question about it re-airing is I believe they only have season 2 to show because my dvr was still set to record transformers prime. and last month it started recording starting with season 2 episode 16 or something. it showed most of the episodes until episode 26. then never came back on until this week with season 2 episode 1. just plain weird I thought. LOL

• Like Like x 1