One thing that Bothers me on Movies/TV.

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by kenm2474, Apr 29, 2010.

1. kenm2474

kenm2474 LORD DC TFW2005 Supporter

I really hate it when ads for Movies or TV shows come on and they Splice the scenes to make it seem like something is happening or and argument starting but when you watch that show or movie none of that really happens or scenes they Splice together are totally out of order in which they happen in the Film or Show. Lots of times you will see a Movie trailer with scenes that are never in the film.

Last edited: Apr 29, 2010
  2. Dran0n

Dran0n Junk male

News Credits:
    Yeah, I hate that to. Seems kind of pointless and misleading.

3. smkspy

smkspy is one nice fucking kitty

If they put scenes in order, then you really wouldn't need to see the film. So I get that one.

But yes, I hate when scenes are in the trailer, but not the actual film.

4. Janitor

Janitor Well-Known Member

News Credits:
  5. kenm2474

Its very misleading and Really its Lying to you.

6. smkspy

smkspy is one nice fucking kitty

Anyone that isn't a child knows that trailers/preview don't follow the chronological order of the actual film/tv series. In fact, that would just make for shitty trailers because they would all be the same and the ability to make multiples trailers would be severely restricted. Trailers are meant to incite and make you interested in the film, period. Like I said, I get the missing scene aspect. In a way, that IS lying to customer.

7. Voiceroy

Voiceroy Trans-fo-mahs!

News Credits:
    Yup.

Also hate it when the cover art is totally misleading, like this one I've attached for "The Groomsmen".

Besides being a horrid photoshop hackjob, the tagline says "Till Death do we PARTY!"

In other words, the marketing and design dept tried to make this look like a more interesting movie by selling it as frat comedy.

In actuality, it's a pretty fairly heavy character-driven drama although it has humorous moments.

I picked this up at a clearance sale for a buck -- didn't know anything about it but it had the late Brittany Murphy in it, and that was enough for me. But if I'd bought it at retail price because I was expecting a frat sex comedy -- as advertised on the cover -- I would've been pretty dang pithed.

Attached Files:

8. Digilaut

Digilaut My name is Drift.

News Credits:
    What I hate more is that movie trailers nowadays pretty much show you the entire movie. Unless it has some crazy plot you're pretty much able to figure out the whole movie from beginning to end..and what's worse, most of the time they spill the killer scenes (of course, to attract audiences).

Worst offender of the last case are bad comedy movies, who pretty much spoil all the fun jokes in the trailer, then it turns out that's all that's funny about the whole damn movie.

9. Ironhide2005

Ironhide2005 PS3tag=DeaDPooLTFW

News Credits:
    Yeah like in district 9 with the interogation scene with the alien whose face was blurred out. Yet it wasn't even in the film. Yet still District 9 is a freakin awesome movie. But I think that scene would of been awesome to see.

10. kenm2474

Got a clip of that?

11. ams

ams Generation All Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    It's always been the case, but has become worse in the last ten years with "reality" TV...

The producers/editors have to CREATE drama, even if there isn't really anything substantial happening.

12. Tigertrack

Tigertrack Back In The Game!

I really never noticed that. I hate it when your at the theatre, and they show a trailer that's so long, you might as well have just watched the movie they were advertising! The trailer's usually show you the best parts to make it exciting, so why would you then want to watch the rest of it with the boring parts? LOL! Did you know trailers were actually shown at the end of the main movie? But nobody stayed to watch them, so they moved them to the front. Still find it odd their called trailers.

13. Jarodimus

Jarodimus the guy with that scan Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    This is the thing that bothers me most. Take the second A-Team trailer. I cannot BELIEVE they show
    the van getting smashed

To this day, one of my most rewarding cinema experiences is seeing The Matrix on opening day. Up to that point, the commercials and trailers hadn't spoiled the true nature of the Matrix, or (as far as I'd seen) shown "the real world". When the crew wakes Neo... mind=blown. :eek:  Of course, a week or two later, the trailers and commercials all started spoiling it for those who hadn't seen it yet.

14. Janitor

Janitor Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    You answered your own question there. They would "trail" the main movie (played after the end credits), hence the term "trailers". Even when they moved it to before the movie, the name stuck.

And yes I did know that.

15. Crazymadman

Crazymadman Dewbot leader

Ugh, I hate when this happens too.

16. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    That's language for you. The meanings of words change and evolve over the years, to the point where they seem a misnomer because the etymology points to exactly the opposite.

The word "dinner" is a contraction of the French word for "lunch", for example.

17. Ironhide2005

Ironhide2005 PS3tag=DeaDPooLTFW

News Credits:
  18. blumpy2000

blumpy2000 PENGUINS CAN'T FLY!!!

I don't mind the scene splicing so much as the voice splicing. It drives me nuts when I hear a line in a trailer where the second half of the sentence is said with a completely different inflection. It's more of an OCD thing than anything else though. It really shouldn't bother me, but it just does...

I agree with those who hate when a trailer spoils too much plot. I've been looking forward to Ironman 2 since the last one out, and as much as I'd love to talk about it, I've been avoiding the discussion thread like the plague for fear of spoilers. Then I go to see Alice in Wonderland and BAM!!!, I'm pretty sure the trailer showed me about 75% of the plot.

I know, WTF!!!

19. Soundwave3k

Soundwave3k TFW2005 Supporter

Thank you! Terminator Salvation is the worst example I can think of recently - the showed you that Marcos was a terminator in the freaking trailers despite that being the "big reveal" halfway through the movie!!! Yes the clue were fairly obvious leading up to that point, but c'mon, talk about spoiling the movie!

20. ViperDragon

ViperDragon Well-Known Member

I remember my wife and I seeing the Matrix for the first time with only seeing a brief clip at Wal-Mart in the media area. We were floored and headed next door to the theater and enjoyed the heck out of the movie (too bad I can't say that about parts 2 and 3..).

I love movie trailers, but mostly I love the epic music they include in them. Spider-man 3's trailer was one of my favorite trailers of all time and mostly because of the soundtrack used. The beef I have is all the clips they show after the trailer hits. I remember seeing so many of them for Transformers, that while I enjoyed the movie, I felt cheated as to all the goods parts that were played in the clip. Since, I have avoided any clips or additional trailers after the primary one is released.