One thing I wish they showed...

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by DEVILFISH, Aug 2, 2007.

1. DEVILFISH

DEVILFISH Member

I wish they show how the transformers took the shape of the vehicles they scanned. The scene where Optimus looks at the truck and the camera pans left quickly and returns to a fully changed Prime in a heartbeat. I t would have been cool if their outer layer of metal was sort of like Terminator 2 a shaped itself. They could at least showed that.

2. Bryan

Bryan ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

The effects in that movie were mind-blowing. I feel like I got to see plenty.

3. VIZGIX

VIZGIX Smugbot

hmm...like Megs reformattin into galvatron in the first movie?

4. Ziero

Ziero TFW2005 Supporter

They showed something like that in the prequel comics when Starscream got his alt mode.

5. Chaos Prime

Chaos Prime Combaticon

Well at least you got to actually see it. And it was a cool reformating for the time at least.

6. 1UpCheatachu

1UpCheatachu Lemony Fresh TFW2005 Supporter

In the game, the car parts sort of "sprout" out from Bumblebee's body.

7. killahbuny

killahbuny Well-Known Member

nah i like the mystery being there it keeps the tf's seeming alien and hard to understand i dont wanna know how they do what they do as long as they do it :) 

8. DEVILFISH

DEVILFISH Member

I would have to disagree with that because, things like Barricade disappearing from the script in mid-battle leaves me to believe that the writers got a little lazy or the director thought we were to dumb to notice. If I had ILM doing my effects I would find a way to throw that in. Now I did like the movie but, I am not one of those fans that is ready to give anyone a pat on the back just for making the movie. You have to do it right. I mean, Bumblebee takes a picture of the new Camaro ( VERY COOL ) but 2 seconds later" ALAH-KAZAM and PRESTO-CHANGE-O". With the 200,000 or 500,000 dollars they had left over from the budget tells me they might have been pinchin pennies. Besides, if you don't want to know how they do what they do then lets not have them transform. We will just show them as a robot then with a quick turn of the camera they're a vehicle. Yeah o.k.

9. liechentron

liechentron Well-Known Member

you can't just say it was a budget issue, they also have a time in which to make this movie as well as length of time for the movie, and the bots recieving their new skins doesn't exactly fit into a story either

10. hanwombat

hanwombat I'm not a Wombat really..

Its all about the Budget at the end of the day

11. DEVILFISH

DEVILFISH Member

Time wasn't an issue either. When Lord of The Rings (The Return of King) was made they did the entire sequence of Gollum falling into the lava and dying in one night. I think they could have showed us at least once how it would have looked.

12. Deadend

Deadend Spark of Creation

News Credits:

Time is an issue, they were already at 145 minutes and making cuts that came close to making other scenes seem off, they didn't have any room to explore other things. Keep in mind, this was a silly toy movie that had yet to prove itself until the trailers started booming on yahoo. This was an introduction movie as well.

LOTR, Harry Potter, and a few others, don't have this same preconception to deal with, they are already epic selling books with a huge following from all ages and walks of life, more so than allegedly Transformers, because as I said, transformers had yet to prove itself yet in live action.

Not to mention the main intent behind the LOTR movies at least, was to stay as accurate as they could within reason.
    Transformers has no such thing to stay accurate to, this is a new direction. Maybe we'll get a director's cut, or extended version with some of these parts added, but who knows. The 'land fall' was also supposed to be a more mysterious awe inspiring scene, so it may have been left offscene to still convey mystery to these as of yet unrevealed bots.

We still got a sequel though, that should have a more established hit ready budget, and they already know people will sit through 145mins of Transformers, so maybe 3 hours won't be such a foreign concept now.

13. Lord Of Tetris

Lord Of Tetris Well-Known Member

I actually don't think what the OP described would've added to the runtime. Development time, sure, but it wouldn't add to the movie's runtime. The movie had scenes anyway where the protoforms became the Transformers, but they cut away during the actual reformatting.

I would've liked to see it in the movie as it was done in the prequel novel. It was actually a neat little scene in there. It sort of looks like Starscream just shifts his kibble around in the same way we'd shift our weight from our left foot to our right foot. He moves a bunch of his plates around and becomes the F-22 shape.

Would've been cool to see, and it would've been cooler than either a T-1000 morph, a Galvatron-like morph, or a game "sprouts the parts" morph.

14. Pwnbeaver

Pwnbeaver teh uber pwnage

I wish they showed the robots dancing, but we can't all have what we want, can we.

15. OmegaVPrime

OmegaVPrime Uhm, yea? So what?

Ebay:
    Well I feel that with the effects and transformations, that I had already soiled myself in the beginning of the movie. So I didnt notice. But hey always a sequel!

16. 80Datsun210

80Datsun210 Well-Known Member

Like Deadend said, now that TF is established with a broader audience, I hope they can go into a little more depth and details in the sequel.

(Maybe the designers weren't even really sure themselves how the protoform->scanning->new alt form transformation happens, so they showed as little of it as possible.) ;) 

17. liechentron

liechentron Well-Known Member

i'd really like to see a good shot of BB transforming from Concept Camaro Mode to Robot Mode where you can actually see him transforming.

18. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Currently facepalming at your post

News Credits:
    Though it would have been cool to see them get their vehicle modes, there's plenty of other stuff that should have been explained better before anything like that.