One thing I notice about animated.

Discussion in 'Transformers Animated Discussion' started by Maximum Burn, May 10, 2008.

1. Maximum Burn

Maximum Burn JETS AND HELI!! I LIKEY!

Do the autobots do anything? I mean, they are stranded on Earth. They didn't even bother fix up the Ark or getting it out of the water. Sure, they use the key's power, but come on...they are repair bots. They could've done a lot more to get off the planet and away from the decepticons rather than laze about and dealing with the threat of more coming to them. Prowl is off with nature, Ratchet is sleeping, Bumblebee and Bulkhead are hanging with Sari...I know they aren't trained soldiers but they should have tried something, maybe like getting in touch with Ultra Magnus? Sure they help out humans, but who cares about them? They shoulda kept to themselves, after all they are robots in disguise.

At least in Beast Wars, there was something to do. Maximals collect energon, contact Cybertron, scout missions, building little trinkets...even then, they would fail because preds would get in the way.

Even now, the shards are out there.

This is why the decpticons are so much better. Megatron is holding up Sumdac for technology and making a coup. There's planning. Even now, all the autobots do is wait until there's a shard or go off in one of their trips and stumble upon trouble.

2. Julliant

Julliant This space for rent.

I assume after Lost and Found, Ratchet periodically went to the Ark to make some repairs offscreen, but it's a huge ship and it'll take ages for him to repair it fully, while the other Autobots stay on the surface to help the humans.

Agreeing with most of your post, but it's not really bugging me. Beast Wars was overall, more darker.

3. Magelite

Magelite I make stupid look good

You said it yourself, they're repair bots. Going back to being stuck in a dead end job and being insulted by pricks like Sentinal all the time compared to having an entire planet regard you as heroes...yeah, they really want to go back. Furthermore, they were drawn out of hiding due to their programming to protect life.
    And don't forget the allspark was meant to be lost. Until Lugnut and Blitzwing showed up, they believed the allspark was safely hidden away on a remote organic planet.

As for the shards, it seems they are looking for more shards, evidenced by the extra shards in the container in Mission Accomplished. It also seems Sari's key cannot detect shards until after they have manifested.