one thing i figured for sure i was going to see!

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by starscream 2005, Jul 6, 2011.

1. starscream 2005

starscream 2005 it's megatron, retreat!!!

i can not believe we didn't get some type of nascar scene were either the wreckers were shown winning a race or fighting among themselves while racing each other. am i the only one who figured i would see something like that?

2. Matty

Matty @StayingInTheBox Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    I certainly didn't expect it to be honest.

3. starscream 2005

really

something like days of thunder but with their transformer voices talking junk to eachother...really?

4. jjk1120

jjk1120 Decepticon Saboteur

That's not what I figured the Wreckers were gonna do. I surprised we didn't see more of them fighting in robot mode, but a NASCAR race? That wouldn't have fit into any part of the plot at all...

5. starscream 2005

ok then

ok, why be nascar at all then, just for the money. i guess the only way a person can think of a machanic and transformers is to have them be a nascar.

6. Wingwolf77

Wingwolf77 Decepticon Dark lord

I thought for sure something in the plot would explain why they looked like NASCAR's I expected to see them as NASCAR's as well. I thought there would be a scene at a race and they would turn into a fight. With some cons.

jjk1120- The last movie didn't even have a plot so before seeing it I wasn't really thinking how NASCAR would fit. I just assumed Bay had a thing for it at fit it in.

7. uruseiranma

uruseiranma Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I thought maybe they would have jettisoned their drivers, and driven out of a race, arming themselves as they headed off towards Chicago to fight.

8. Starscreamownz

Starscreamownz Air Commander

News Credits:
    I expected Sentinel to join the final battle by stabbing the building as he dropped to the road below. And I was plenty surprised :) 

A random race with the Wreckers with NO explosions? Why the hell would bay want to do that.

9. starscream 2005

always

so bitter

10. Greyley

Greyley Well-Known Member

I was honestly expecting this too. Not an actual race, but I thought there would be some kind of scene where the Decepticons attacked a raceway or something near it. You don't generally see Nascar cars driving around on everyday roads, so logically the Wreckers would spend most of their time in disguise on a raceway.

The Wreckers were designed with so many redneck cues (Nascar bodies, mullets, etc) that it seems strange to not touch on racing at all.