One thing I don't want in TF4/Trilogy & wants..

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Moy, Oct 21, 2011.

1. Moy

Moy Constructicons!

News Credits:
    Don't WANT:

Transformers that don't transform. (The Fallen, Driller, Shockwave) Did I miss any others?

WANT:

-Importance to robot characters, like have them call upon one another by name. A great example was when Optimus was talking to Sentinel in Africa, or wherever they were..( both factions)

-I want the Decepticon weapons to feel like a dangerous technology to go up against, possibly a shield of energy that avoids shots to hit them (i.e,. HALO)
    Since Transformes are advanced robots from outerspace, let's see some of their neat toys! :bay 

-Good plot.

What are yours?

2. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    One thing I don't want: Decepticons going down easily, particularly to human weaponry.

Wants: Strong robot characterization, meaningful human characters, solid plot.

3. just1nj

just1nj NERD GAZETTE

main human characters get killed

4. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

I want designs that find a way to mix the old and the new without an overload of busy parts. I liked Prime and Shockwave because it was easy to tell who the characters were meant to be. Some other robots I'm still not sure it's really who they said it was.

I don't want the humans kicking Decepticon butt. I want that feeling that the Autobots are the only thing that can save the day.

I want to see a little character out of all the bots not just three or four bots. I don't need the whole history of the character and what's their favorite color but if you can't even spring for a voice actor then it's not much of a character.

I want a story that's better than a magical McGuffin is needed for the bad guys to win but the bad guys have a plot that is far too big to ever pull off in summer action film. The Decepticons need a plot they could actually pull off so there is that nice tension of the Decepticons might win instead of the forgone conclusion they will lose because Paramount isn't going to kill a cash cow franchise by the Decepticons blowing up the Sun.

5. hthrun

hthrun Show accuracy's overrated

Ebay:
    I'm nitpicking here, but just because they don't show them transforming doesn't mead they can't. Though I'm pretty sure Driller can't transform, but then is he really a "Transformer," or rather a different species that lives on Cybertron?

For me, I DON'T WANT an overload of stupid humor and characters like we got in RotF. I personally thought the humor was done pretty well in DotM, though I'd prefer even less.

What I DO WANT, but wouldn't mind if it's not there, are appearances of other aliens besides TFs. Kind of like we got to see in the second season of G1. It would be kind of neat if the TFs were the lesser species as opposed to them being superior to the humans.

6. BLK-OUT 4500X

BLK-OUT 4500X Well-Known Member

I want the transforming noise cause thats what made me love the transformers when I was a little kid .

7. WreckNRule426

WreckNRule426 Autobot

Disagree with you there. I found it confusing, and it broke the suspension of disbelief a little.

8. fleshling

fleshling Well-Known Member

Want: Characterization

I want the Autobots and Decepticons to have some place in the fiction in the actual movies. Rather than spending 45 minutes on a job search, I'd like to see interactions between Ratchet and Que. Is one a medic and another an engineer? What are the differences between a medic and an engineer if you're made out of metal?

Do Not Want: Nonsensical, contradictory plot

The current Trilogy for me doesn't work at all. Each movie has to be a separate entity. There are probably fan/book/comic explanations of these inconsistencies, but those don't help when sitting down in a movie. There are hundreds of inconsistencies in the movies, but the major one for me is the ridiculousness of the Decepticons plans.

Chronological
    1. The Fallen placed a Sun Harvester on Earth before civilization began. It needs the Matrix. The Matrix is hidden in a mountain by the Primes by committing suicide rather than staying alive and protecting it themselves.
    2. Megatron plots with Sentinel to meet on this planet. Did they know that the Harvester was there?
    3. The Autobots expel the Allspark from Cyberton. Megatron chases to Earth. The exact planet where he sends Sentinel. What?
    3. Humans find Megatron - Not knowing if anything about this new lifeform, they imprison it for 80 years. Keep in mind that they don't know what Cybertronians or Autobots or Decepticons are. This is just an alien that they imprison.
    3. Soundwave is aware of the Sentinel crash landing on the moon, yet spends no time looking for Megatron. Instead he hides an army of Decepticons on the Moon. Yet, he does not utilize this army to either find and protect Megatron, nor protect the Sun Harvester.
    4. Megatron and the Allspark - Megatron awakens and instead of going to get the Fallen or trying to find Sentinel, he goes after the cube with like 4 Decepticons.
    5. The Matrix - The Matrix cannot be given, it has to be earned, yet, the Fallen is able to take the Matrix.

Complete nonsense.

9. Dinodigger97

Dinodigger97 germinates within you.

News Credits:
    Don't Want:Unicorn and Galvatron,Cyclonus,and Scourge bein' rebulit from Megs,Screamer,or SW...:) 

Do Want:Wreck-Gar(mabye being voiced by Al Yankovic!)and Grimlock.:) 

10. Bountyan

Bountyan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I want the robots to actually have lines. I want the robots to actually have personalities. I want the robots to actually have screen time other than HUR DUR Bumblebee and HUR DUR Optimus Prime.

I also want them to stop forcing hot female human character. The two shots that I think are the most stupid in DotM is the one at the beginning with Carly's ass and Carly walking toward Megatron with all the cars flipping and exploding behind her.

Actually, I want Hollywood in general to stop forcing female love interest in every. single. damn. movie.

11. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    ^This. All This.

Seriously Hollywood it ain't hard ya know.

12. Overlord Balder

Overlord Balder Voices Slugslinger!

Don't want: - Decepticons [specifically Megatron, SS and Soundwave] rising up YET AGAIN to fight against the Autobots, we need a new threat.

Want: Straxus, Overlord, Ratbat [voiced by Gary Oldman and re-imagined as a Nightmarish Count Dracula-like 'Con is entirely NOT optional], Quintessons, The Swarm, Unicron. maybe Shockwave rising from his grave like a boss.

- More screen-time for the background 'Bots.

Also...

The Fallen is way stronger than them all, it seems.

Megatron did, Sentinel did not.

What is wrong with that?

Again, what is wrong with that? We are quite a screwed up species [also consider this was somewhere among the 1919 or something], don't act like we would do anything different to a frozen giant machine.

It is entirely possible that Soundwave simply was unable to find Megatron, also, protecting the harvester makes no sense since they lack the Matrix.

This is Megatron we are talking about, arrogance is his schtick.

Really? You're going to nitpick over that? That was obviously a metaphoric phrase, not something like Thor's Hammer ["Whoever finds this hammer, if he be worthy, shall possess the power of Thor" = is meant to be taken literally, that atrribute to the Matrix? Is not].

13. fleshling

I should probably make a new thread for this, but you responded. Also, I just want to make it known that I actually love the movies. I just wish that they worked together logically, and that the plot worked as a story rather than a movie to be shown to an audience.

Okay, but the best course of action is to commit suicide en masse on the same planet where the thing that don't want to use is? Would not a better strategy be to scatter?

What are the chances that the Autobots launching the Allspark into space, that it crashes by accident into the planet where Megatron had schemed to meet up with Sentinel. This is impossible.

That's fine, but again, the people that wrote this scene only cared about making a movie. Not a story. "Wait, you froze this 40ft robot for 80 years knowing nothing about it? Man, he is going to be PISSED when he wakes up."

Yet, Barricade and Frenzy find the files talking about Megatron, the boy who has glasses with Megatron's coordinates on it and ultimately both Megatron and the Allspark with a couple of days in the first movie. A couple of days vs. 20 years. This is a giant wormhole of silliness. Again, maybe all this is in the comics, books, whatever. But, as three movies, it's complete nonsense.

You know... You're right on this point.

Still, Soundwave should've been like, "Good morning Lord Megatron! If you want the cube, I've got 200 Decepticons waiting for you. They're on their way."

One by one, these are all nitpicks, yes. But in the context, it's just ridiculous that we have 3 movies that make no sense together. The Matrix knew to fall apart when Sam picked it up. Then, it put itself back together after Sam "earned" it. So, why didn't it fall apart when The Fallen picked it up? Magic space rules, of course.

14. Moy

Moy Constructicons!

News Credits:
    Kind of nice to know we're all on the same page for wants/do not wants.

15. Overlord Balder

I think it DID work together so we argue in a friendly way.

The Fallen would still hunt and kill every single one of them; that's precisely what he did every single member of the Prime Dynasty [except Optimus] on the following years.

You got the timeline wrong there: They launched the Allspark into space, Megatron found it, then made the deal with Sentinel, THEN travelled to Earth by himself and got stuck on ice, Sentinel followed some unspecified time later.

As far as they knew, he couldn't be woken up [hell, he was frozen on solid ice], freeing him wouldn't exactly be the best solution.

Thing is, You gotta remember Soundwave was stuck here midway through the fifties, computers barely existed at that time, achiving information discretly would be WAY harder when you are, y'know, a thirty foot tall giant robot.

So Soundwave just waited for his back-up while he followed Megatron's original orders with his human associates.

Megatron had been frozen, and was ungodly pissed off, he probably didn't even remember Soundwave existed.

Also, it can be argued that Megatron needed to move quickly: The Autobots had the AllSpark, that's like seeing your enemies with a nuke in their hands, they could turn the tide of the War with that thing, he needed to retrieve it. and fast.

Nothing wrong with that, those magical objects usually work on some weird logic.

16. fleshling

All unnamed Decepticons? :) 

I don't really care so much about non-transforming Transformers. To me, they're Cybertronians, so if they can come up with gimmicks aside from transformation, that's fine with me. i.e. Driller being awesome, The Fallen using the Force, etc.

17. fleshling

I hope that you don't think I'm arguing. It's my hope that you can help me enjoy the movie more. Thanks for responding.

Well, they need to show this in the movies, then. Just reading this doesn't make any sense to me, though. The Fallen refused to get involved until Prime was dead. Yet, he killed all the other Primes?

Man, I have all sorts of followups here. But, I'll summarize: none of that is communicated in the movies. I think that they did a really poor job of retro-fitting the two sequels onto the original film. The first film makes no sense to me especially now with DOTM and its secret Decepticon Moon army.

...although, you are certainly helping.

I have to disagree here. They built a humongous facility to keep him frozen. Arguably, they had to invent the technology to do so. Again, we as the audience know that it would be bad to wake him up, because he's Megatron. Sector 7 didn't know this.

This is a great point. Thanks.

Hmm. That's a stretch for me. He wakes up and his first contact is Starscream. We find out that he thinks Starscream sucks, so you'd think that he'd say, marshall all my resources, not the 4 Decepticons that are on the ground at the time.

Frankly, this is a better argument. One that would work in the movie, I feel, if they had given Megatron more than 4 lines of dialog.

Well, it doesn't work for me. Sam going to Autobot Heaven doesn't make any sense if the Matrix doesn't just disappear when The Fallen gets it.

18. Overlord Balder

You're welcome, and arguing isn't a bad thing, I think.

They had no time to show that specifically [besides, ROTF admittedly sucked], but they left the pieces there: The movie still says that The Fallen [indirectly] killed every single member of the Prime Dynasty [except for Sentinel who got stuck into stasis before, and Optimus].

And it seems The Fallen just preferred to work indirectly, he only fought his Brothers by himself because he was the only one that could do so [as in, they were all super-powered demi-gods, sending Mooks wouldn't do crap], once they were out of the game, he was free to work through his evil army.

Indeed, something of a flaw, but nothing that you can't deduce for yourself.

That was due the jumbled mess that ROTF was, mostly.
    The timeline still works, though.

How so?

You're welcome.

Waking up a giant omnious robot is never a good idea [said giant robot was also the source for all of humanity's modern technology, so freeing him could risk the entire human civilization].

They had to get with the plot going quickly, plus, for the more I enjoy military strategy, I think it would be boring for other people.

The "autobot heaven" is not related to the Matrix, I think [as in, they hold no control over the Matrix of Leadership per say], so they couldn't just regenrate the Matrix or make it disappear as soon as The Fallen get his hands on it.

And Sam only went to said heaven because...well, I can give a billion of explanations to that [He died and the Thirteen intervened from "heaven", his contact with the Matrix caused this experience, e.t.c].

19. Dinodigger97

Dinodigger97 germinates within you.

News Credits:
    Um...chill pills anyone?

20. OrionsBelt

OrionsBelt Well-Known Member

One thing I don't want!
    No more love interests! Really, who in the fuck goes to a Transformers movie for the lame ass love story????

What I do want, mostly right now. Sideswipe to be the main Autobot character in either the forth or fifth movie, which one, I don't care, but as long as he gets as much screen time as Bumblebee has gotten in the last three.

Other wants that are runner ups, Peter Cullen to continue as Prime.