One thing I don't understand

Discussion in 'Transformers Robots In Disguise / Prime Discussion' started by Primewave, Apr 4, 2012.

1. Primewave

Primewave amiinterrupting

News Credits:
    Why is it that a lot of Transformer series these days have the Autobots and Cons hiding from Humans? Armada, Cybertron, the live action films and Prime do this. I am just wondering what is everyone's opinion of this.

2. Shatterpoint

Shatterpoint Neato

News Credits:
    Robots IN DISGUISE.

3. seekerblackout

seekerblackout Banned

Because what happened in the Movies would happen to the bots.

That too.

4. ABrown

ABrown Well-Known Member

It's because they're "robots in disguise". It's not my personal preference to have the human race unaware of the Transformers presence. I would prefer it to be public knowledge that there are waring alien robots living among us. They could still be robots in disguise. Cause the car driving around next to you or the plane flying above you could be a Transformers and you wouldn't know it. One of the biggest reasons that I didn't like the live Transformers movies is because the human race was unaware that there was waring alien robots living among them. In the case of the Transformers: Prime cartoon, I'm ok with the human race being unaware of the Transformers existance. Because the cartoon is just simply that good. The movie on the other hand wasn't able to make that claim.

5. Primewave

Primewave amiinterrupting

News Credits:
    Yeah, I understand the whole 'Robots in Disguise' part. G1 had the TF's roaming around in robot form in most of the episodes.

6. DepthWave

DepthWave Decepticon Storm Trooper.

News Credits:
    I presume, Lord Megatron doesn't want all humans around the world to try to eliminate him.
    It would cause more harm, than good for the course. Because of that Decepticons are not messing around that much.

7. seekerblackout

seekerblackout Banned

G1 wasn't exactly the king of making sense.

8. Dargor

Dargor Well-Known Member

9. Puck Hockey

Puck Hockey Well-Known Member

The TF films did this. Everyone knew them by DOTM but they'd cause to much of a commotion in public so they had that secret NEST base. Also, having the Bots ally with every military in the world (US in the films) and sharing information, tactics, and strategies makes it hard for Cons to have a fighting chance.

That and Optimus doesn't want human casualties taking place. The Cons, if found out, would have no reason to hide and could directly threaten cities.

10. Rexidus

Rexidus Autobot TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    In one of the later episodes the transformers existance was revealed to the public. Until then, and just like every show since, they have been in hiding.

11. Dinodigger97

Dinodigger97 germinates within you.

News Credits:
    Because they don't want people having heart attacks because giant killer robots are in their town.

12. ErbFan28

ErbFan28 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I prefer it. That would mean less chances for humans to play a part in the series

13. PcPrime23

PcPrime23 Filipinooooooooooooo

News Credits:
    Maybe at after "Nemesis Prime" or "Grill" the Transformers existance will be revealed to the public.

14. Decay_is_awesome

Decay_is_awesome Well-Known Member

Megatron doesnt want humans getting in the way. Decepticons might be powerful but with the government actively looking for him his ability to mine energon and find artifacts is going to rapidly decrease. The military would also be a powerful ally to the autobots.

Prime doesnt want humans involved because he sees the war coming to earth as partly his fault and humans fighting mean human casualties. He doesnt want an innocent race to pay the price for the cybertronian war.

I do prefer it that way, humans just upset the balance too much and it would put the decepticons on the defensive all the time and it doesnt suit them.

15. soundwaverulls

soundwaverulls Well-Known Member

I think it is more realistic. People would freakout if they new there are aliens living among them that hide as anything. And this thread has finally provided an explanation for why Megatron cares. It would probably just make things harder.

16. DecepticonSpike

DecepticonSpike Member of the Scrappy Doo Fan Club

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Pretty much says it all.

17. Arashistorm

Arashistorm Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Every other episode of G1 the Autobots were in robot form running through the streets, letting more people find out about them, despite the fact that in episode 2, ALL world governments agreed to help the Autobots defeat the Decepticons...so they were never in hiding