One Piece Figures

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by gettogaara, Jul 25, 2012.

1. gettogaara

gettogaara Well-Known Member

Hey everyone. I just realized that One Piece figures didn't have a thread and since I'm planning on starting a collection of them, I figured we'd need one. Any and all One Piece figures can be discussed here.

I'm trying to decide which ones to get into but there's so many diffrent ones. From what I've seen the figures with joints are mediocre or worse so I'm trying to choose between the P.O.P figures and the Figuarts Zero ones. Ebay is littered with fakes so it's hard to get an actual estimate of the base price of the figures. $30-$40 seems to be the going price for the normal sized Figuarts Zero's. P.O.P on the other hand seem to be slightly more expensive but they're a couple of inches taller.

Which one do you think I should go for?

2. Soging

Soging Well-Known Member

I personally go for the Figuarts Zero figures. P.O.P is cool and all, but they're much more expensive AND don't have the benefit of being distributed by Bluefin in the US. The only four Figuarts Zeros I have though are the three Admirals and Luffy, other lines have been taking away from my budget to get more.

Glad to see a One Piece thread finally!

3. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I actually didn't mind Figuart Arts Zero but unfortunately, most of them require a stand? I prefer my figures to be free-standing if you get what I mean. I'm also disappointed that Bandai is not releasing the rest of the crew in the SH Figuarts line. I would loved to see Zorro, Usop etc. :( 

4. Dr Kain

Dr Kain Well-Known Member

I've been buying the Stylings. The Figuarts Zero are just too pricey, and since I've got a tone of Stylings already, it is easier to stick with one series.

5. Soging

Soging Well-Known Member

As pricey as they are, I stick with Figuarts Zero because many of them are released in the US. I really do wish the Grandline Men/Women were easier to get a hold of since they're so much cheaper.

Every Straw Hat has gotten a release, unless it's Chopper or Luffy I doubt any of them will get many releases.

6. gettogaara

In review videos, I've actually seen all of the main crew except for Chopper stand without their bases.

The styling figures don't seem to be on the same level as the figuarts but how is their price range?

He's talking about the SH figuarts one's with joints. I was also interested in those at first but the fact that I can't get the whole crew kind of discouraged me.

7. Soging

Soging Well-Known Member

Ahh, gotcha. I'm kinda glad I passed on them. I don't really see how they could have done Franky justice lol.

8. LigerPrime

News Credits:
    There's actually a SOC (of sorts) version of Franky and he seems to be in scale with the SH Figuarts and Zero figures.

Anoth thing I've like to point out is that I was so disappointed by the face sculpt of the SH Figuarts figures as compared to the Zero figures.

I mean if Bandai could nail the face sculpts on the Zero figures, I see no reason why they failed so badly with the Figuarts.

9. Dr Kain

I've been getting them for like $8 a piece. They are smaller than the Figuarts, but the details are no different and they are easier to obtain.

Soging, I'm not sure what you mean by the Stylings are not sold in the US as opposed to the Figuarts Zero when you have to go online to get the Zeros, which is no different than the Stylings. In fact, I usually buy my Stylings at my local anime convention, so they are in the US just like the Figuarts.

But honestly, when I think of something available in the US, I think of stuff I can just buy in a store I walk into, not buying from an online store.

10. Soging

Soging Well-Known Member

I mean that they're distributed by Bluefin, which means you can get them easily through places like Amazon and BBTS^^

11. Rewind

Rewind Space Hipster

News Credits:
    How is the Figurise master grade kit of Luffy? I've always liked the looks of that figure but haven't come across a comprehensive review of it. I'm mostly wondering if it feels robust like an action figure after its assembled or if it's fragile, etc.

12. Ektris

Ektris Well-Known Member

As much as I love the characters... The fact that there will be no more SHFs for One Piece and that I simply will not touch ZEROs (sorry, not a statue man and that's never going to change)... Has been making me really consider selling my One Piece SHFs lately.

13. Dr Kain

Yeah, but I can get the Stylings from ebay, Anime Palace, Anime Castle, etc.

14. RedZillaKing

RedZillaKing Well-Known Member

There sure is... And he's fantastic! They even made a tank mode accessory pack for him.

[​IMG]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

15. gettogaara

Idk man, from what I've seen so far they look good but not quite up there with figuarts. Still they're great for the price and seem a lot more easy to collect. I think my decision will be between them and figuarts in the end.

Yeah, I get you. I'm not big on figures without articulation either but I saw a picture of the One Piece New World crew in this cabinet and they just look so awesome lol.

Woah that looks sick. I actually haven't met Franky in the show yet since I'm watching the funimation dub but he looks like a cool character.

16. Soging

Soging Well-Known Member

Yeah, I still need to pick him up. I can justify it by saying it satisfies my love for One Piece and Chogokin

17. Transfotaku

Transfotaku Transformer Otaku

Not a big fan of the cartoon (may be because the 4Kids dub was my only experience with it) (in before: it's anime!), but I got to admit, some of the characters are neat.

Luffy's a pretty fun hero, which is nice. And Nami's cool. It's only too bad that Nami's only Figuart is rather crappy with huge joints that makes her look like she has rheumatoid arthritis.

18. LigerPrime

News Credits:
    I don't have Luffy but I have Goku of DBZ fame and while the figure isn't flimsy, its not as durable as toy. So if you drop it, I think you can expect breakage.

IMO you should watch Eng subs episodes. Intially I was watching the English dubs ones but once I started on the Eng subs one, I never went back to the dubs. The voices more livelier for the Japanese speaking ones.

19. Rewind

Rewind Space Hipster

News Credits:

Cool, thanks! I've been wavering between that and the Figuarts figure - just decided to go for the Figuarts. The kit might be too big for my tastes anyway.

I appreciate this thread by the way - I wanted a Luffy figure years ago but there wasn't really anything good or articulated so I gave up and sort of forgot about it and lost track. I had no idea there were some good options out now.

20. LigerPrime

News Credits:
    No problem dude! Long before the SH Figuarts toys Bandai came out with a line of One Piece toys but they only had Luffy, Zorro, Sanji(?) and Usop with Tony Chopper.

The series was based on the "Desert sage" where the main villain was Crocodile. I found the sculpt to be quite good but the figures were a abit smaller.