Customs: One of the sickest custom Alternators collections

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by Blue Meanie, Mar 24, 2007.

1. StarFire_MK2

StarFire_MK2 'Till All are One!

Ebay:
    Those are all so cool! Soundwave is my favorite, which speaks volumes to the quality of the work as I dislike that mold. The oversized tires Trailbreaker are kickass :)  Any Alt mode pics?

2. Incepticon

Incepticon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Prowl, Bumblebee, Hoist, Jazz & Bluestreak look amazing. Would love to know where he got the shoulder launchers for Jazz & Prowl and how they are applied. They make all the difference.

Trailbreaker & Ironhide look good, but I personally think Alt Prime should have been Ironhide and Nemesis Prime should have been Trailbreaker. I think Ironhide needs to be bigger than a small Scion, and since the Dodge Ram fits the bill (and is the only truck we have to choose from so far), that would make more sense. And while I know Trailbreaker was originally slated to be a Jeep before Hasbro/Takara scrapped the idea, I also think the Dodge Ram fits his character better.

Bumblebee & Cliffjumper as repaints of Jazz works. Hoist as a repaint of Prime also works. Would love to see somebody convert Hound into Brawn one of these days, hopefully with a hardtop and roof mounted tire customization so that they're not exactly the same apart from their heads. Brawn seriously needs some love.

3. Incepticon

Incepticon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Prowl, Bumblebee, Hoist, Jazz & Bluestreak look amazing. Would love to know where he got the shoulder launchers for Jazz & Prowl and how they are applied. They make all the difference.

Trailbreaker & Ironhide look good, but I personally think Alt Prime should have been Ironhide and Nemesis Prime should have been Trailbreaker. I think Ironhide needs to be bigger than a small Scion, and since the Dodge Ram fits the bill (and is the only truck we have to choose from so far), that would make more sense. And while I know Trailbreaker was originally slated to be a Jeep before Hasbro/Takara scrapped the idea, I also think the Dodge Ram fits his character better.

Bumblebee & Cliffjumper as repaints of Jazz works. Hoist as a repaint of Prime also works. Would love to see somebody convert Hound into Brawn one of these days, hopefully with a hardtop and roof mounted tire customization so that they're not exactly the same apart from their heads. Brawn seriously needs some love.

4. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    Heh, I'm quoting myself here. This doesn't bode well for me with my sincere intentions of not trying to be egotistical.

. . . but, it's pretty clear that the Soundwave custom was based off of my Alternators Soundblaster. I think the grace with this comes in that these customs were aquired from another artist and not made by Blue_Meanie (am I correct on this? The first post seemed to indicate that). B-M, I'm not pointing a finger at you by any means, but among us kitbashers, if we make a custom based on another's work (which is cool), it's always good to site the original source (not doing so is uncool).

Anyways, all of that aside, this is a really cool collection. One of my favorite things is the metallic quality of the paint. The paint application is also very nice. Consequently, I have also gotten into trying to aquire a few of my buddies' pieces (I have a Binal Tech Trailbraker that sodawilly made for me; Alternators Redline was made from Squall42080's Hot Rod; and most recently Wipe Out was made from swampmojo's Ravage). [Also, one can note how I've sited my sources even in my own Photobucket account.] Another thing to note about your collection is just how cool it is to have a collection of Alts and a collection of custom Alts. It just really rocks! :rock 

5. Superquad7

News Credits:
    Heh, I'm quoting myself here. This doesn't bode well for me with my sincere intentions of not trying to be egotistical.

. . . but, it's pretty clear that the Soundwave custom was based off of my Alternators Soundblaster. I think the grace with this comes in that these customs were aquired from another artist and not made by Blue_Meanie (am I correct on this? The first post seemed to indicate that). B-M, I'm not pointing a finger at you by any means, but among us kitbashers, if we make a custom based on another's work (which is cool), it's always good to site the original source (not doing so is uncool).

Anyways, all of that aside, this is a really cool collection. One of my favorite things is the metallic quality of the paint. The paint application is also very nice. Consequently, I have also gotten into trying to aquire a few of my buddies' pieces (I have a Binal Tech Trailbraker that sodawilly made for me; Alternators Redline was made from Squall42080's Hot Rod; and most recently Wipe Out was made from swampmojo's Ravage). [Also, one can note how I've sited my sources even in my own Photobucket account.] Another thing to note about your collection is just how cool it is to have a collection of Alts and a collection of custom Alts. It just really rocks! :rock 

6. Blue Meanie

Blue Meanie Hello from the Gutter

This is not my collection, just pics someone else's collection that I took. I'm not trying to come across as a jerk, but the only thing I see in common is the use of Galaxy force Soundwaves head and the lazerbeak, something I was also doing before I saw Jarrod's or yours just now. So I would call that common thinking. Jarrod took it one step further than anything I thought of, like using hinges to get the doors off the shoulders, adding the tapedeck bumper, mounting subwoofers everywhere including Buzzsaw's wings to make him a bazooka tube. He tinted the windows and has the most flawless paintjobs I have seen on alts. Well, besides me of course.

7. Blue Meanie

This is not my collection, just pics someone else's collection that I took. I'm not trying to come across as a jerk, but the only thing I see in common is the use of Galaxy force Soundwaves head and the lazerbeak, something I was also doing before I saw Jarrod's or yours just now. So I would call that common thinking. Jarrod took it one step further than anything I thought of, like using hinges to get the doors off the shoulders, adding the tapedeck bumper, mounting subwoofers everywhere including Buzzsaw's wings to make him a bazooka tube. He tinted the windows and has the most flawless paintjobs I have seen on alts. Well, besides me of course.

8. Superquad7

News Credits:
    Well, I'm not in the namecalling business, but not siting a soure (despite your feelings) is still plagerism. The choice of the Scion mold, the use of Cyb SW's head, Cyb Laserbeak, the usage of Cyb Laserbeak as a subwoofer tube, and the character choice for the custom subject (while slightly different), are several things (plural). The hinges on the doors, the bumper, and the weapons are unique. However, it's still too similiar to say it's original. My Alternators Soundblaster has been a featured custom (along with a lot of other different artists' customs), so it's not an obscurity either. Regardless of if he or you have done this, these concepts are of my original credit.

Citing sources is polite and respectful; refusing to do so is rude and disrespectful. Despite your rebuttal, this Soundwave custom is flattering as well as well done. :thumb 

9. Superquad7

News Credits:
    Well, I'm not in the namecalling business, but not siting a soure (despite your feelings) is still plagerism. The choice of the Scion mold, the use of Cyb SW's head, Cyb Laserbeak, the usage of Cyb Laserbeak as a subwoofer tube, and the character choice for the custom subject (while slightly different), are several things (plural). The hinges on the doors, the bumper, and the weapons are unique. However, it's still too similiar to say it's original. My Alternators Soundblaster has been a featured custom (along with a lot of other different artists' customs), so it's not an obscurity either. Regardless of if he or you have done this, these concepts are of my original credit.

Citing sources is polite and respectful; refusing to do so is rude and disrespectful. Despite your rebuttal, this Soundwave custom is flattering as well as well done. :thumb 

10. Thundercracker

Thundercracker Contemptuous

Probably the most impressive collection of custom Alts I've ever seen. Those things look official!

11. Thundercracker

Thundercracker Contemptuous

Probably the most impressive collection of custom Alts I've ever seen. Those things look official!

12. Blue Meanie

No problem, I am removing the pics until I can site all sources, including I and my ideas. I will remove them and leave it at that, the builders of the pieces can say their own peace.

13. Blue Meanie

No problem, I am removing the pics until I can site all sources, including I and my ideas. I will remove them and leave it at that, the builders of the pieces can say their own peace.

14. King_Grimlock

King_Grimlock Well-Known Member

But if he wasn't even aware that your custom even existed (which is the way his second to last post clearly made it sound) then how can you claim that the ideas did not come from him? I understand that there are several similarities between the two, but to use the cyb soundwave as a basis for a custom soundwave/soundblaster is not revolutionary thinking.

15. King_Grimlock

King_Grimlock Well-Known Member

But if he wasn't even aware that your custom even existed (which is the way his second to last post clearly made it sound) then how can you claim that the ideas did not come from him? I understand that there are several similarities between the two, but to use the cyb soundwave as a basis for a custom soundwave/soundblaster is not revolutionary thinking.

16. Superquad7

News Credits:
    Well, I certainly didn't ask you to remove your photos (I, for one, rather enjoyed what you displayed). All I (or any other artist) request is a little respect. I didn't think that was too much of a request. Perhaps I was mistaken?

I think I've been pretty clear. I don't feel any need to repeat myself. Also, this isn't the first discussion about this subject either.

Awareness or not, the proof is in not only when I created my idea, but also when I posted my finished piece. The time stamps authenticate what I'm saying. This is one reason why I create files with my ideas when I get them. Also, I this is one reason I try to keep up with EVERYONE'S work. If I think I come up with an idea, but someone else already has, they deserve the credit. It's just the proper thing to do.

17. Superquad7

News Credits:
    Well, I certainly didn't ask you to remove your photos (I, for one, rather enjoyed what you displayed). All I (or any other artist) request is a little respect. I didn't think that was too much of a request. Perhaps I was mistaken?

I think I've been pretty clear. I don't feel any need to repeat myself. Also, this isn't the first discussion about this subject either.

Awareness or not, the proof is in not only when I created my idea, but also when I posted my finished piece. The time stamps authenticate what I'm saying. This is one reason why I create files with my ideas when I get them. Also, I this is one reason I try to keep up with EVERYONE'S work. If I think I come up with an idea, but someone else already has, they deserve the credit. It's just the proper thing to do.

18. Blue Meanie

You see, I can't show you respect you deserve. First reason is they are not mine, they were not made by the person who owns them. Therefore without being or knowing that person I couldn't possibly site from whom he has drawn his inspiration. Therefore to guard fragile feelings I simply remove the pics, problem solved, and I don't have to go work to pick the builders brain. Second, claiming something as dumb as "it was my idea to pick this body, then this head and merge them together, and I have collected this idea with authenticated timestamps so anyone who thinks the same thoughts or builds a kitbash even remotely similar, it will show that I was the originator. Is utterly ******ed. I think you just wanted to link yours to show it off in all its rattlecan glory. They're kitbashed toys man, gimme a break. Now if the mods will please delete this thread so I can move on.

19. Blue Meanie

You see, I can't show you respect you deserve. First reason is they are not mine, they were not made by the person who owns them. Therefore without being or knowing that person I couldn't possibly site from whom he has drawn his inspiration. Therefore to guard fragile feelings I simply remove the pics, problem solved, and I don't have to go work to pick the builders brain. Second, claiming something as dumb as "it was my idea to pick this body, then this head and merge them together, and I have collected this idea with authenticated timestamps so anyone who thinks the same thoughts or builds a kitbash even remotely similar, it will show that I was the originator. Is utterly ******ed. I think you just wanted to link yours to show it off in all its rattlecan glory. They're kitbashed toys man, gimme a break. Now if the mods will please delete this thread so I can move on.

20. Superquad7

News Credits:
    I reported this to a mod some time ago. If I thought what I said was "******ed", I wouldn't have posted it. Also, I think your use of that word gives a little more insight to things. My wife teaches special education and that word in certain contexts is pretty derogatory. I'm sorry man, all you've done was add salt in a wound. Anyways, I feel my case has been stated and been done so in a respectful manner towards you. I'm sorry you feel offended. If you have any other comments to make towards me, I'd suggest PMs or another private means. ;)