One of the reasons for the redundancy

Discussion in 'Transformers Robots In Disguise / Prime Discussion' started by Torque, Dec 6, 2010.

1. Torque

Torque The WORDSMITH

News Credits:
    I hear alot of people complaining about some things that showed up both here and in the movie series, about how its somewhat unoriginal and getting old. But theres a reason for that-the movies werent made for kids. not little kids anyway. My sister (7, 5 at the time of the first movie) couldnt see the movies because my mom didnt want her to be exposed to some of the humor there. so she hasnt heard things like "One shall stand, one shall fall" and Prime ending with a message-all somewhat cool ideas that a bunch of people never got to see. so with redundancies like this, if theybother you, just please-think of the children. Thank you.

2. Wollstone

Wollstone Banned

That is some peculiar parenting. Humor is bad, but violence is ok?

3. Torque

Torque The WORDSMITH

News Credits:
    i'm sure it was an overall mix. but when my mom asked me about it, i told her about the toiletish humor. im sure the violence played a part. but its kinda in the same book as why Bulkhead can get away with rippingout someone's insides-roboviolence.

kinda feels like you missed the point of the post though: some kids couldnt see the movies, so they took the cool stuff and put it in the show.

4. Wollstone

Wollstone Banned

No, I got the point. My post wasn't just directed at your story, but any parent with that sort of logic.

The first episode of Prime depicts a character suffering horrible deaths, plural. That's somehow better than potty humor?

5. Torque

Torque The WORDSMITH

News Credits:
    She'll forget all about Zombie Cliffjumper (i bet she has allready). She quotes everything she hears, and then goes to second grade and says it all there. If a kid comes home from school and starts swearing or talking about an enemy scrotum, then a parent will complain to no end. if a kid comes home and tells their mom and dad about a show where there was a zombie robot, then im sure the parents wouldnt rage out

6. Wollstone

Wollstone Banned

If a little kid actually knew why people were laughing when Devastator's "scrotum" made an appearance, then I'd say potty humor is the least their parents should be worried about.

7. Torque

Torque The WORDSMITH

News Credits:
    they dont need to know-some kids repeat things they heard their parents laugh at. i know, my sister has done it.

8. KnightHawkke

KnightHawkke A Man, Who Does Not Exist. TFW2005 Supporter

I think one thing you have to keep in mind is the writers of the first two films produced this series out from under the thumb of Bay.....