One of the most annoying things about Ebay--A Rant

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Human Beastbox, Jul 6, 2009.

1. Human Beastbox

Human Beastbox The Murdinator

News Credits:
    I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this or not, but with one of the things I'm going through right now, it just dawned on me one of the things I hate most about Ebay--waiting for the damned sellers to ship out your plastic crack!

Begin rant here:

So here's the scenario: I buy a complete G1 Devastator a week from last Sat. using Buy-It-Now for $125 (a good price). The following day I get an e-mail telling me it will be shipped by Monday using Priority Mail. That's all well and good, that is, until today--where I still haven't gotten them yet.:mad 

It was coming from Long Island to down here in Florida, and holiday weekend or not, it should be here by now, shouldn't it? I just personally sold some stuff on Ebay that same week, shipped the various items via Priority Mail to the West Coast last Tuesday, and they were all delivered by Friday.:mad 

So why am I mad? Because the guy probably didn't ship it out when he said he would. I guess I just expect sellers to be like me, as in, sending out stuff people have paid for ASAP. Treat others as you would treat yourself.

How many fellow TFWers have also been annoyed by slow shippers? I mean, I can understand waiting, but am I just being impatient here?

2. Easterling Capt

Easterling Capt I am Vern Schillinger

Ebay:
    ppl have lifes outside the internet and sometimes things come in the way.

not all ppl live close to a post office ( add this to above and it can take a while)

Be paitent its just a freaking toy.

If you waited 3-4 weeks then I would understand, but this is just ridicules and the unpaitency is HUGHE among members here when it comes to wanting their toys.

3. Human Beastbox

News Credits:
    Thank you. I needed that.:thumbs2: 

4. tomboland

tomboland Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    there is an ebay section!

5. megatronkicksas

megatronkicksas Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I waited a month for my henkei Starscream.

6. Human Beastbox

News Credits:
    Really? Man, where was it coming from?

What's funny to me are those Hong Kong sellers who charge like $30 shipping and they say it takes 7-21 days. If I'm paying $30 shipping the damn thing better be here in less than week!

7. turbovf1s

turbovf1s Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    beastbox you need to chill...my thing is if i don't have it within two weeks after buying domestically, they get an email. 1 month for international. sometimes it can take a while. i've gotten things two days later to 5 weeks later. the slow ones are usually coming from china :) 

8. VictoryLeo19

VictoryLeo19 Well-Known Member

more than two weeks is generally a time to worry for me too

9. trystendaycey

trystendaycey Captain CAAAAAAVEMAAANNN!

I guess the real issue isn't time it's trust. I mean, you start to wonder about the transaction when there is a slight delay. At least that's me. But as a seller I always try to let the buyer know if there has been a delay. Just that quick little email before someone starts to worry defuses the whole situation.

BTW Human Beastbox, your figure shipped today!

10. Human Beastbox

News Credits:
    Normally I don't get this uptight about this sort of thing, that is, until I spent over $100 on it. And I realize I'm being a bit of a wank for getting all uptight about this, so I just hope that my impatience gets buried in more threads as I cry myself asleep tonight.:dunce  And perhaps Devy will show in the next few days.

But for the record, so far you're alright in my book. Too bad you didn't sell me that Devy.:lol 

11. katch26

katch26 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    florida is postal hell.....whatever reason it always take a little longer going there. Priority mail also is not a guaranteed service they always say 2-3 days....IMO priority mail is like ordering chinese food no matter what it always takes 10 minute.

12. RKillian

RKillian https://rktoys.myshopify.com

You really need to remember that the Post Office's hours aren't exactly conducive to somebody with a regular job. It seems like I have to go there every other Saturday morning to deliver or pick up mail that couldn't be handled during the week.

13. gargunkle

gargunkle someone

I would say only that sellers should be realistic about when they will ship. If they know they are not going to ship for a week, that's fine if they are up front about it and don't give false expectations.

14. The_Black_Sheep

The_Black_Sheep Willyna...

News Credits:
    I feel your angst...

I paid for a TF Con Alex Milne Classics Poster on the 5/18/09 & it still hasn't shown up...

:rolleyes: 

15. jorod74

jorod74 Psycholagnist (Ret.)

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    This happened to me, but not on Ebay:
    I bought a Defensor (loose) that the seller claimed was C-8.
    I waited nearly 4 weeks and when i got it, the firetruck's ladder was broken. Not just broken and flopping in the bag, but broken and missing.
    The seller would not replace or refund because of those 4 weeks.

Waiting is half the battle (obsession) with me. it's waiting and then praying there is nothing else wrong in the box.

16. Seeker24

Seeker24 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    wow maybe i got lucky.. I orderd henkei red alert off ebay from Taiwan, and i got it about a week later.. I would say it may be the holiday weekend. give him another couple of days. It will just make it even that much sweeter when he finally does arrive.

17. Alejandro27

Alejandro27 Well-Known Member

For some reason items I ship to Florida get there so fast. I sent an item out on Thursday here from Los Angeles and it arrived in Tampa Florida on Saturday shipped out priority.

18. billcosby

billcosby Geewin

News Credits:
    You just get lucky or unlucky sometimes. But international shipping is a big pain in the ass.

Man, I bought a G1 Shockwave from an ebay seller, Shockwaves_store. This guy sent the package the next day... on Christmas friggin' eve. I was playing with Shockwave out of the package before The new year. Outstanding.

On the other hand, stuff has been so late I was even surprised it showed up at all. It's a crap shoot, that is all.

19. Ruination04

Ruination04 8 Years Old Since 1984!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    WOW...it's not just me? Everytime I order Chinese, they always tell me 2 ten-minute. LOL

They could've said Priority shipping and then turned around and shipped it 1st class as well. Who knows....

20. VictoryLeo19

VictoryLeo19 Well-Known Member

im getting tired of having to sell to international buyers. i know its part of the game, but most buyers seem to think they can get great deals all the time on shipping. they really dont exist very often. its expensive. and most people i sell to understand that, but i stil get some that think otherwise. i may have to start saying no to international buyers on ebay. :(