One more week left for IMAX

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by darthrage, Jul 23, 2009.

1. darthrage

darthrage Leader Class

News Credits:
    Michael Bay announced on his site that there's one more week before its IMAX run is over. After that, Harry Potter will take over the IMAX screens.

I'm gonna get in one more viewing before its off the giant screen

I've been wanting to get my fix for the last 3 weeks

2. MTME

MTME Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    is the imax any different then the regular movie?

3. jgoss

jgoss transformers fan 4 life

does it have any extra time?

4. Lock Cade

Lock Cade Tarn Fangirl TFW2005 Supporter

MTME: I do believe there is ROTF footage that was made for IMAX.

I'd go see ROTF at IMAX, but I really don't feel like driving all the way out to where the closest IMAX theater is in my area, and even then, I doubt I would manage to get to IMAX to see it.

5. Shadow25

Shadow25 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah, I don't care what he says, this doesn't apply to me.

Why?
    For some reason the New York IMAX and one in LA (the former being my local one) are exempt from the one month exclusivity deal.

6. Insane Galvatron

Insane Galvatron is not insane. Really!

News Credits:
    I saw it in IMAX, and I didn't see any additional footage to what was seen in the regular theater. The only difference was in editing. Mixmaster is killed before Devastator goes down, instead of after.

7. darthrage

darthrage Leader Class

News Credits:
    I'll tell you what the big difference is

- there's 1 minute of extra robot action spread out over 2 scenes. The forest fight and the scenes with Devastator
    - those 1 minute of scenes are just 4 or 5 or so seconds longer than what you originally saw in the theatrical version. You won't notice the difference unless you have a good memory, but it is there
    - one of the key scenes it the forest fight. It was filmed using IMAX cameras and thus the screen will expand, thus the black bars at the top and bottom that make it widescreen format will dissappear. Optimus will take up the entire height of the screen in that scene
    - the 2nd key scene that was filmed with IMAX cameras is basically every scene with Devastator in it including scenes with the twins in the dessert. This is a little strange because you will notice the screen bouncing back and forth between IMAX and widescreen. Its barely noticeable though
    - those IMAX scenes are CRYSTAL CLEAR, like watching a Blu-Ray disc on the big silver screen
    - and finally, THE SOUND.........its even louder than the theatrical version and the sound is like that throughout the entire movie, not just the IMAX scenes

If you have a good eye and can spot the detail in the forest fight, that scene alone is worth the price of admission

First time I saw the forest fight, it was kind of blurry because the action moves so fast. The 3rd time, I saw it on IMAX.....it was all very clear and I knew what was going on