Heavy/Scratch: One more look: Dash Rampage

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by Treadshot A1, Jan 23, 2011.

1. Treadshot A1

Treadshot A1 Or just 'A1' for short...

Links: http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/radicons-customs/359383-sneak-peek-dash-razorclaw.html
    http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/radicons-customs/362040-screw-waiting-dash-headstrong.html
    http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/radicons-customs/363123-might-well-dash-tantrum.html

Yeah, so this is the last look you'll get until the whole thing is finished. I'm not letting any more seep out, you'll just have to wait.

Dash Rampage. Razorclaw's right hand 'bot and the fastest of the Dash Predacons, Dash Rampage was built for speed. He doesn't just enjoy it, he lives it. Whether he's stalking prey or pouncing around the battlefield, there's few who can keep apace with him. Unlike his fellow Dash Preds, Rampage uses a much leaner, lighter body frame, aeronamically designed to keep his feet on the grounds even at top speed. This makes him incredibly maneuverable, capable of making acute turns connecting pounce after pounce. 4 claws line each paw, each of which can tear through standard Autobot armor with ease. A tail-mounted laser blade, powered by his sheer momentum, allows multiple targets to be eliminated with each pounce, while his sharp fangs make every bite fatal. For all his swift attacks and maniacal jumps, he is not without weakness. Unlike the other Preds, the top of his jaguar mode is open to attack and a huge target. He also lacks ranged weaponry, but to this day, not one Autobot has managed to stay calm long enough to exploit his flaws.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Yeah, so what i was trying to do was make a Rampage who didn't look like he just jumped out of Animated. Sorry Mench0y, but no matter how many Zoids parts you glue on to it, Animated Grimlock will still be Animated. I also chose not to use Payload simply because he is just too heavy, and i didn't want to risk the weight with Rampage's arm mode. So instead i went with an RID Heavy Load frame, which i cut up and modded with some Brave Jaguar parts and some Asoblocks joints. The advantage to using this mold is that at full entension, the waist has 6 joints (4 swivel and 2 ball joints), which create a very useful waist joint in Jaguar mode, allowing him to bend and flex as necessary. Another 2 joints can be use by extending the telescoping legs, which together provide almost 180 degrees of motion, almost bending him in half! Also, while initially i left the main body in its Dump Truck form, which was rather flat and blocky, in the end this form was chosen for Jaguar form, as it just appeared more...well, less flat. :D 

And yeah, 3 guesses where the combiner port is on this thing... :lol 

Attached Files:

2. G60Force

G60Force World Smallest Mini-Con

Ebay:
    hahah nice use of that ugly Devy-unusable-leftover Landfill bot :D 

3. Maximo Prime

Maximo Prime Bassist of Ill Repute

Ebay:
    i'm impressed with your efforts to turn vehicles into animals, i'm looking forward to the progress on this!

However...

This was unnecessary. There's no need to knock someone else's project to boost your own. And if that wasn't your intention, it still came out that way. You're better than that.

What are your plans for the rest of the team?

4. QmTablit

QmTablit Disguise: Check. Robot...

It's not unusable.

5. Quickwing

Quickwing Devasia Mentality

YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    In this Weirdwolf I saw at first, as colors seemed like his they did. Plant ideas in our minds this does...

6. power3921

power3921 Well-Known Member

That was the first thing i thought of too.

7. Treadshot A1

That was meant to a) show I hate the Animated Grimlock mold, and B) explain why the change to this mold. Sorry if it came out that way, but I didn't mean it. :( 

And I am not revealing my other plans, no way. However, if you can recognise where I got the combiner port from, that might give ya a little hint. ;) 

8. Maximo Prime

Ebay:
    Yeah it just came out a little different.

I must admit, my partshound ways are a little rusty, i can't identify that combiner joint. However, I totally get the need for shrouding, and releasing a little at a time. Stokes the fires. Can't wait!

9. Treadshot A1

Intrnet does not carry tone well at all. Also, that was also a crack at teh fact i actually originally wanted to use an Animated Grimlock as well, though i just couldn't make it work. Live and learn, i guess.

And keep guessing! If you need a hint, it's not from a TF... ;) 

10. Maximo Prime

Ebay:
    then i am completely stumped, as i don't have any experience in non-tf toys...well a TEENY bit in neo-shifters, and it doesn't look like that.

11. Treadshot A1

There was a 6 storey tall one in Tokyo a while ago...

Also posting to say that i have finally decided what the bonus items are going to be for this bad boy, though that won't be revealed until they're all done. ;)