One More Day Plot Revealed?

Discussion in 'Comic Books and Graphic Novels' started by Primal, Sep 21, 2007.

1. Primal

Primal Moderator

News Credits:
    Source: Major Spoilers

Here's the link again if you didn't spot it in the quote.

2. Tekkaman Blade

Tekkaman Blade Professor of Animation

News Credits:
    It'll be another stupid move by marvel that'll drop sales and they'll retconn it in a few years after they realize their mistake. It already happened the last time they killed/kidnapped her in the 90's. It used to be that it was DC characters that couldn't make changes and kept changing things so their characters couldn't committ. Now the DC characters are committing and expanding and Marvel is retconning and contracting.

3. tusko

tusko Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Flickr:
    And then he wakes up and its all a dream.
    But no, it was his clones dream.
    And it was really a celestial being in his clone form dreaming for him.
    But the dream was really an alternate reality made by Franklin Richards.
    And the Reality was twisted by the Infinity Gauntlet.

AND NONE OF THIS HAS ANYTHING TO DO WITH SPIDER-MAN.

4. Tekkaman Blade

Tekkaman Blade Professor of Animation

News Credits:
    YEs at this point I think many readers are tired of the cop out ending to the big hyped event. I know I have been dropping titles from both companies from my pull list on a semi regular basis. I'm focusing on more story driven characters rather than the next cross over event. And I dropped Spider-Man from my list well over a year ago. They seem determined to ruin him.

5. Switchblade

Switchblade Just a raggedy man

News Credits:
    Bah, the old bat should've stayed dead after the beautiful ASM #400. Bringing her back in the first place was a stupid idea, and now using her dying again to undo Spidey's marriage is even worse. There is no way that Spidey fans aren't going to be storming Marvel's head office with torches and pitch forks after this.

And what's really stupid is we all know that Peter and MJ will meet up and start dating again anyway, so the only thing this changes is that they won't be living together. Stupid, pointless, and a solution to something that no one thinks is a problem in the first place... add in the insane over-hyping and we have all of Quesada's trademarks. :thumbdown 

6. Gears

Gears buh-buh-body ya Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    This goes beyond dumb. Just kill Aunt May already!

7. tusko

tusko Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Flickr:
    After super-selfish-Spider in Back in Black, shouldn't the choice be easy. Turn May into another super model for Peter?

8. Vangelus

Vangelus Long Live the New Flesh Moderator Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Erasing an entire part of his life so Aunt May can feasibly live for another...what..10 years...makes no sense to me even in terms of comic book reality.

9. Brandon

Brandon This is important work.

That's pretty ridiculous. This is the thing that bothers me about comic books lately. It's like, no one stands by anything they are doing. They make large changes, and then they always rely on some big "reset" button and change it back somehow, or change things further that it doesn't make any sense anymore. Really doesn't make me feel so bad I've cut buying comics out of my budget.

10. TheIncredibleHulk

TheIncredibleHulk Find Gary Busey!

time to let the old woman die

11. Shipwreck

Shipwreck Will smack your bitch

I bet it ends with Aunt May making the choice for peter and telling him to let her die and we all learn a lesson about life.

12. Spartan-117

Spartan-117 Well-Known Member

This is one advantage Manga has over western comics, they don't drag the arse out of it for forty years. I couldn't give a rat's fuck about any Marvel or DC character because no matter how heroically they go out and how big an impact their death has you know they'll be back in a while. There's no emotional impact. Things would have a much bigger impact if they actually had permanent ramifications. At the moment, it doesn't matter what Spiderman does. He'll come through every fight, every challenge unscathed in the long term because things keep getting reset.
    On the other hand I watch something like Gurren Lagann and people actually die, you take the action seriously because there's an element of danger. That's what comics should be like.

13. Methos

Methos ...Hail Megatron

Hmm..If Petey does pick May,I hope they kill off May the next day.{Anyone else thinking Ghostrider here?}

14. Scantron

Scantron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Is Mephisto always the last-ditch reset option for the Spider-Man comics or something? I remember reading that he was considered as a way to reset the Clone Saga back in the day, but they decided against it because Mephisto was "out of Spider-Man's league". Now, here we are a decade later, and it looks like they're bringing in Mephisto to erase the last 10 - 15 years of Spider-Man comics.

15. smkspy

smkspy is one nice fucking kitty

I knew there was a reason I dropped Spidey after he revealed his identity. This just confirms it.

16. McBradders

McBradders James Franco Club! Moderator

Wow, too lame for words.

17. Strikeback

Strikeback Drifting Away

I said this on another board, but it bears repeating--I love Spider-Man but cannon stand to pick up any of his comics from the past 15 years. This pretty much puts another checkmark in that column for me.

18. Switch625

Switch625 "Up, up, and away!"

It's funny, this is actually pretty much the same scenario (old dying lady not withstanding) I had for how DC could get rid of the Superman/Lois Lane marriage.

This is just another example of why I dislike the current Marvel comics. The editor in chief doesn't like one thing about the company's most popular character (whose name does not rhyme with Shmolverine) and instead of dealing with it and hiring people to tell good stories with it, he decides to make the character take a few hundred steps backward in a completely ridiculous effort to add a few more years to an old woman's life.

If this does come to pass, I hope they at least make a clean sweep of it and erase the whole unmasking nonsense too. That was way worse than Peter marrying MJ. Heaven forbid Peter actually be happy for a change.

Not that it really matters, because the only Spidey book I follow is Ultimate Spider-Man.

19. Shin Densetsu

Shin Densetsu I WILL DESTROY YOU Super Mod

News Credits:
    I have no doubt in my mind that Strazynski can write a great story, but right now, if that plot is what is being built upon, it is downright stupid. A 15 year retcon that destroys all the growth and responsibility that Parker developed over the years. Let him stay young in the Ultimate books.

I wasn't a big fan of the whole "HUGE WHITE FLASH that SUDDENLY CHANGES EVERYTHING" theme in House of M either.

20. Spekkio

Spekkio Master of War

I hope someone's joking with us. I really, really do. I mean, seriously - they've built Spidey up over the last couple of years - from protector of NYC to Avenger, plus the new powers (have they totally written off the stingers?)...and now they're going to erase all of that (and maybe more)?

Please tell me it's a joke.