One More day = One more headache.

Discussion in 'Comic Books and Graphic Novels' started by Tekkaman Blade, Nov 8, 2007.

1. Smasher

Smasher HUNKY BEATS

News Credits:
    1987 -I think.

I find it funny that Marvel was loathe to tell readers that their Spider-man was actually a clone, yet have no problem saying the past couple of decades worth of stories never happened.

None of this makes sense.

Mephisto just figured he would pop into Spider-man's life and trade Aunt May's life for the marriage? Whatever.
    If they wanted Peter to be younger they should have had the someone use the Black Star Dragonballs to wish him young.
    Hey -that idea is no more stupid than what they are actually doing.

2. cagliostro

cagliostro Victi Vincimus

Lol good points, Besides what guy in their right mind would give up their young, hot wife for their 80-something grandma?! Even if Mephisto saves her life now she has what five-ten years max? It's just groin grabingly stupid. Oh and at least we got the song Dan-Dan out of DBGT.

3. smkspy

smkspy Remember true fans

Yeah, that probably was the last time. I can't only hope that BND will mean Peter goes back to work for JJJ. It'd be interesting to say the least...maybe the only thing interesting.

4. Strikeback

Strikeback Drifting Away

Seeing the outcome of this "event" and all the other events Quesada has managed, I get the feeling his new status quo is changing the status quo on a monthly basis.

5. wheeljack01

wheeljack01 Happiness is a warm gun

They still publish...spiderman?...how bizzare...lol. They have really screwed a great character up in the past 15 years. I still got the Lee/Ditko/Romita/Buscema run....thats my spidey with a little Romita Jr/stern and Michelline/McFarlane sprinkled here and there, so I'll be okay with whatever crap they do. I did like JMS first arc with Romita Jr, very good story but after that..blah!! Its funny because JMS has said he wanted his name off of these last two OMD books. I can't say I blame him. Spidey to me has been unreadable for years besides the afforementioned story. It is just so easy to hit the reset button nowadays....

6. Gears

Gears buh-buh-body ya Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
  7. Spider Striker

Spider Striker ThisGuyWithTheYellowCap

8. Zzeezz

Zzeezz Ambassador of Music TFW2005 Supporter

I finally read part 3. This whole idea is just terrible. One of the reasons they want to get rid of his marriage is so there can be romantic triangles again, but even the way they've set up this story makes that a hard thing to swallow. The way that it stands now, I'll always feel that Peter is cheating on MJ. Just doesn't seem right.

9. Darkhawk

Darkhawk Member

10. DevilzFan

DevilzFan CobraIsland.com Veteran

11. Methos

Methos ...Hail Megatron

So what effect if any will this have on CW?
    ..Will the new Peter still be Anti-regestration?
    Will super MJ be for or against the regestration act?

I just don't get it,we can kill Captain America but not Aunt May.If even to bring them back awhile later.

12. Gears

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yes, but he's only doing the pages for a short-story starring Jackpot in an upcoming ASM.

13. Omnibus Prime

Omnibus Prime I'm too old for this shit TFW2005 Supporter

Interestin'. Kinda wish they had gone that route because..one, it sure as hell ain't any worse than what they actually did. And two, using Mephisto to wipe away that mother of all continuity clusterfucks would make them extremely hesitant to use him for this current nonsense.

Granted, Joe Q would've surely come up with something equally ******ed...such as Dr. Strange getting drunk and burping Parker into his new marriage-less continuity...but hell, at least the good Doc has been a semi-regular in ASM during JMS' run.

14. smkspy

smkspy Remember true fans

Wait, MJ's super-hero name is Jackpot?...Someone needs to stop this insanity.

15. Darkhawk

Darkhawk Member

Thats just what I've been wondering. Not only if he is still anti-registration, how will this affect New Avengers, and the rest of the Marvel Universe? It's been stated before how Mary Jane has been a part of a lot of important events in Spider-Mans life since they got hitched. I'm tired of Quesadas insistence on eliminating the marriage, and I can't fathom how he thinks that will bring in more readers. I mean, status quo changing events kinda lose their meaning if done every couple of months. Of course nothing is gonna be the same if they keep treating Spider-Man stories as if they have ADD.

And while I know I am complaining about this, and I know it will leave a rather sour taste in my mouth, I know that I will still pick up Spider-Man. Simply because nobody can look away from a train wreck. You know you shouldn't look, you know you shouldn't watch. But you always do, you know you do.

16. Tekkaman Blade

Tekkaman Blade Professor of Animation

News Credits:

Do what I do, Read it but don't buy it.

17. Gears

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yep. There was a special copy of ASM that came out on this past free-comic book day that also had a Jackpot cameo. Apparently it took place in the near future after OMD had ended. Little did anyone know at the time how Jackpot would come about. :/

18. Wreckgar

Wreckgar Anthony Stark Veteran

News Credits:
    I have come to accept the ending of OMD since well, I can't do annything about it. However I see a silver lining. Spider-man/Black Cat, more than just innuendos.

19. DevilzFan

DevilzFan CobraIsland.com Veteran

So does this open the door to retconning continuity completely?

Like.....Pete never met MJ, so somehow Gobby never killed Gwen?

Or Pete and MJ never moved in with Harry and Liz, and Harry's still alive?

Are they going to retcon other books with Spidey too? Like when he, May, and MJ were living in Stark Tower?

20. Omnibus Prime

Omnibus Prime I'm too old for this shit TFW2005 Supporter

Or...and I shudder to think...the entire clone saga, much of which revolved around MJ and the baby? You know you're looking at epic failure when your retcon has to retcon the mother of all bungled retcons. It would take 20 years of books of nothing but flashbacks just to adequately explain all the implications of this..except it'll be undone and swept under the rug within 2-3 years, when Joe Q is out as EIC, or the next SM movie comes out, whichever comes first. I'll check back in when that happens..when the real Spider-Man is back...which sounds an awful lot like what I said when I bailed early in the clone saga. Nice goin' Joe.