One More day = One more headache.

Discussion in 'Comic Books and Graphic Novels' started by Tekkaman Blade, Nov 8, 2007.

1. Tekkaman Blade

Tekkaman Blade Professor of Animation

News Credits:
    http://forum.newsarama.com/showthread.php?t=135696

The apparent big change

Here is the low down.

It's pretty much what we all suspected. The marriage will be erased from history due to a deal that is offered to Peter. He has to undone some points in history that led to the unmasking in order to save Aunt May. While he is pondering the ethics of the choice made to him, MJ secretly makes the deal for him. Because she was instrumental in his choice to unmask, she chooses to go back and never reveal she knew he was Spider-Man. This undoes the marriage. As a "gift" due to her bold choice, she is granted powers and becomes Jackpot. She is warned that if she reveals the past to Peter, who has no memory of it, then it will create a timeline shockwave. As a result, Peter is back to status quo, single and with a secret identity. Aunt May doesn't know who is either.

So They have also left another opening so if one more day sales drop big time, there is a loop hole to go back to status quo...............

Oh yeah it's been pushed back 2 moths because the artist is behind, since the plot takes place after OMD, and Amazing becomes the only spiedy title(and becomes a weekly) there probably won't be any spidey issues for 2 months.

2. Omnibus Prime

Omnibus Prime I'm too old for this shit TFW2005 Supporter

*sigh*

:banghead: 

3. Gears

Gears buh-buh-body ya Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Ridiculous.

4. Wreckgar

Wreckgar Anthony Stark Veteran

News Credits:
    SPOILER

Wow. So when I read the Free Comic day issue of Amazing and went "Damn, that looks like MJ, I was right.

5. Bryan

Bryan ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

As ridiculous as it is, I still like it more than punching holes in reality.

Also, at least it's an entertaining story that acknowledges a way out from the beginning, rather than pretending it's a change that's actually going to last when every reader knows it won't.

6. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Man...I must admit I'm extremely disappointed by this route that Marvel has chosen...seems like a lack of ideas...bah!

7. Wing alpha

Wing alpha <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and

...And Im done with spidey regular title.

call me when all goes back to normal. OR it gets good again.

Someone PLEASE Fire quesada.... all I got now is U. Spidey, runaways and anihilation.....

8. Acid Wing

Acid Wing Senior Alien TF Member

News Credits:
    Blergh, there goes Spidey for me for a long time. At least I save $$$ in the process.

9. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    Holy shit Marvel, just give up.

10. Switchblade

Switchblade Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Lame.

So lame it makes Superboy-Prime punching reality look like fricking Watchmen.

11. ZeroMayhem

ZeroMayhem Henshin a Go-Go Baby!

Ugh, it's like Marvel's Infinite Crisis of Bad Ideas.

I love Spidey but I find I can only read his core books for a while before it becomes a bit of a chore, thankfully I'm in an "off" mode these days. Someone come find me when he's worth reading again, I was hoping it would be soon but, yeah, guess not.

12. Bryan

Bryan ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Hey, who remembers Maximum Carwreck?

There was a Spidey story for the ages. Christ, Captain America was the only decent thing about it, and he won't even be around to potentially save this one.

13. Scantron

Scantron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I don't really follow Spider-Man that closely, but the purpose of doing this is to return him to his "accessible", everyman roots...using a story that involves reality alteration, time travel and potentially thousands of retcons? Seems a bit out of place for someone who's more of a street-level character. And is this going to retcon out every story that involved MJ or the marriage at all, or is the assumption that everything happened basically the same, except Peter wasn't married? Given the massive outcry about this too, it doesn't seem to make any sense at all. Just feels like we're headed for years of M.E.A.T. (or whatever they'll call the pro-marriage group) complaints, followed by even more retcons.

Ah yes, 14 issues of C-Lister Squad (plus Spidey and Cap), because all the major superhero teams are conveniently out of town, vs Carnage's D-List Villain Club...and then Carnage gets defeated by some variety of "good-vibes" ray. Some good comic writing, that was.

14. Wreckgar

Wreckgar Anthony Stark Veteran

News Credits:
    Hey maximum Carnage rocked when I read it as a kid. I mean, Iron Fist, Deathlok, Cap, Black Cat, Venom, Spidey, Nightwatch, Cloak, Dagger, and Morbius? It's like a D-list of the Secret Defenders, who were D-List already. Throw Squirrel-Girl in there and it would have been gold!

I did however like the Villains team. Shriek I couldn't care less about but I did like Carrion, Doppleganger, and Carnage. To bad the carnage one shots were so terrible.

15. Bryan

Bryan ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

I don't remember Iron Fist or Nightwatch...but wasn't Sleepwalker in there?

Sleepwalker might have been good if Alan Moore had been given complete creative license. Might have.

16. Hoolagrin

Hoolagrin Wheelie Rules! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I stopped collecting spidey during the clone saga. I thought that sucked. I liked "the other" saga and civil war brought me back (until the horrible end) but this blows. This seems to be Marvel wanting good 'ole spidey back so they can have essentially two Ultimate Spider-Man titles. Doesn't USM outsell ASM? If not it should.

Spoiler:

Marvel thought process: USM sells more because he's not married! That is what we need to do with ASM! That is much easier than creating interesting plots with character development.

17. Switchblade

Switchblade Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    At least it inspired a truly kickass video game.

18. Shin Densetsu

Shin Densetsu I WILL DESTROY YOU Content Contributor Veteran

News Credits:
    The punching holes in reality tied into a great storyline that still has relevance today though. One more Day ties into dissapointment.

19. Acid Wing

Acid Wing Senior Alien TF Member

News Credits:
    Yah, I agree with Wreckgar, I actually liked Maximum Carnage when I was a kid also. It was cool to see Spidey and Venom team up to kick Carnage butt. Plus, I still remember Bagley's work during the 14 parter.

20. Boggs6ft7

Boggs6ft7 TFW2005 Supporter

Bagley FTW! In a perfect world, he would be the only person allowed to draw Spidey and Venom.