One little gripe

Discussion in 'Transformers Animated Discussion' started by AniProwl, May 8, 2008.

1. BingoBrown

BingoBrown Well-Known Member

We are? I thought we were getting a package of his "Ninja Armor", and not a new figure. Am I wrong?

2. Caine

Caine Rise up to the glory!!

News Credits:
    My only gripe is : WHERE IS SOUNDWAVE?!

Other than that, this show kicks ass.

3. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    We're getting his ninja armour at the Deluxe price point that attatches to the Deluxe Prowl that we're getting. Lockdown on the other hand is getting a repaint that includes a new weapong (his chainsaw). So far Prowl is only getting one toy.

4. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Nope, Prowl is getting repacked (and possibly altered) with the sidecar in place of the traffic light. Prowl is getting a second figure.

5. SCPrime

SCPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I like the core characters alot. They each have a distinct personality that have been developed by the show well and they interact well with each other. Yes, I can see how it can be boring after a while, but if the writers know how to write a good story line and introduce guest characters here and there (it seems from here on out there is at least 1 guest character in each episode because they developed the core characters pretty well already) I personally would not get bored of it. So far, I have been entertained (some more than others) by each episode. Every show, whether it be cartoons or live action has a core group of characters (Simpsons, King of the Hill, Seinfeld, Gray's Anatomy, etc). Some of the other show's core of characters are even smaller than TFA yet they remain very popular among viewers. The reason being is because it works.

6. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    The way I read it the sidecar would be sold seperatley instead of with another Prowl...

7. AniProwl

AniProwl Banned

News Credits:
    Maybe I'm just trying to find this little gripe a way to avoid the Animated toyline which is just AWESOME. Animated, continue to be amazing despite all the spoilers. Spectacular Spiderman continue to be spectacular.

8. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    He's just a thing in the sewers, and none of the Decepticons really give a shit about that weakling so I doubt we'll see him soon.

9. defstar

defstar Autobot...

I just wish when a character is introduced that they stay in the line-up...(Soundwave, Wreck-gar)...like they did in BW...

10. Ceasar121

Ceasar121 Wants a Toxitron repaint!

News Credits:
    It is possible to have many bots on the show, and still have characterization. Focus on the main groups, but put them in the middle of a war where they meet and fight other and different bots. I would like a G1 size cast, but just don't make bot of the week episodes. have a bot or a few come along, help such onject be accomplished, then have them move on and touch base everynow and then.

11. AniProwl

AniProwl Banned

News Credits:
    This is what I'm trying to say my biggest grip of the series so far.

12. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Many who were at BotCon confirmed the sidecar is not a separate release. If you check the "Fistfull of Energon" thread I think there's mention in there.

13. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Huh...I remember reading someone say in the Botcon news thread that had mentioned it, that it was a seperate release and was at the Deluxe scale itself. Looks like I'll more than likely wait for the version of him with the side-car. Hopefully any differences between it and the first release aren't too major, as I like the way he looks as-is, but would rather get some ninja armour than the traffic light weapon. Now there are only 3 figures in wave 1 that I plan on getting, but that could change to just 2, as I"m still not sure I'll be getting Starsceam. I might wait for the Skywarp repaint.

Edit: Just looked threw the thread, and I couldn't find any definitive answer to whether or not the side-car will be sold on it's own or with a re-release of Prowl.

14. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    THe sidecar should be sold with one of the up-coming Starscream repaints, we should know one is destined to suck!

15. Feral Magnus

Feral Magnus Well-Known Member

They might just release the side car in both versions: Packaged with Prowl for Voyager price point and Stand alone for those people that already have a Prowl.

I think Animated is personally having all other characters come and go for 2 main reasons:

1) Test out which new characters is the most popular and then based off fan favorites be added as a regular to the show. This pretty much can keep them from adding a character that people turn out hating and sending them mail that says kill so and so off the show Please!!!

2) Introducing a taste of something and removing it is a good way to add suspense and desire for more from the audience, its a classic strategy for writers to get people to want to finish reading through a book hoping to find out more info.