One little gripe

Discussion in 'Transformers Animated Discussion' started by AniProwl, May 8, 2008.

1. AniProwl

AniProwl Banned

News Credits:
    You know I've been looking at the boards lately and people are getting a little tired of Bulkhead's clumsiness, Bumblebee's typical rookie attitude, and ratchet's crankiness including myself.
    I don't like it how Megs is treated as RID Megs and whenever we see him in action, he gets defeated really badly. Lugnut seems to be a BW Inferno wannabe and Blitz is like TMNT Fast Foward villain Triple Threat meaning he' s getting on my nerves a little. Starscream is so close to being perfect yet something is missing from him. Blackarachnia and Lockdown have potential,but with her lone wolf attitude, we don't get to see much of her. Same thing applies for the Dinobots. The Elite Guard just got demoted to secondary characters after all the hype about them. OP and Prowl are the only interesting character at this point
    Sari is a mixed bag. One minute she's hating Powell and wondering where her dad is and the next she has an Hakuna Matata attitude. Speaking of Issac, are the bots even looking for him? Him,Fanzone and the human villains are love or hate for me.
    I know the next few episodes introduce new characters, but will the character stay or go away as the episode ends. Good example is Blurr who will be introdouced in Velocity and then not show up til the two-par season finale.I was hoping that Blurr will stay with OP's group,but nooo the writer give him the boot til Bridge Too Close.
    In summary, the writers need to expand their main cast by season 3 like Beast Wars or I'll get quite bored with Animated. I love animated, but lack of the main cast expansion is hurting.
    In 2005, I got back to the TF craze from a three year hiatus. I saw the Cybertron series and collected a good number of toys. The movie is now eventually becoming a personal least favorite. I still regret buying the DVD. The sequel doesn't look that promising. If writers of Animated don't do anything about the problem mentioned above, this Transformers fan had a small term.
    (Lets out deep breath) Just letting out my thoughts ,that's all.

2. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Personally, I really like the smaller cast approach. It allows for more characerization of the characters, instead of having many characters with little personality. The one thing I wish they would do is expand on Bulkhead's artsy part of his personality. It is one of his three special ability things, but has only had an affect on one episode so far.

3. AniProwl

AniProwl Banned

News Credits:
    Yeah, Bulkhead's love for art wasn't touched upon lately. Maybe the Constructicon episode will revisit it.
    You're saying Tigertron, BlackArachnia, Airrazor, Inferno, Silverbolt, Quickstrike, Rampage, Depth Charge had no personailty when they joined their respected factions in Beast Wars. What world are you living in Bizzaro world?

4. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    The only gripe I ever had with Animated (not counting Omega) is when Ratchet had all those parking tickets on him. I don't know about Detroit in 100 years, but today, around here, you don't put tickets on ambulances.

That's the only thing I don't like about Animated. Specifically TF&RO.

5. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Ummm.....I never mentioned anything to do with Beast Wars, the characters, or those one's specifically. My whole "more characters=less charactorization" was directed more at say Cybertron for example. It was a good show, but a lot of the characters had very typical robot personalities, and didn't get much actual charactorization. I didn't say anything about "no personalities", just that personalities in some past shows weren't brought out and used as much as the one's in Animated. Not trying to argue or anything, but, please, don't try and put words in my mouth here.

6. AniProwl

AniProwl Banned

News Credits:
    More characters= less characterization from Cybertron?
    PSSH maybe I should do a similar project to Mako_Crab is doing called Revisiting Cybertron
    Cybertron had the best anime Optimus who was closest to G1 and Megatron was just evil and Cyb Screamer-best SS ever Check ou this dialouge at 2:08

What about Scourge, the Velocitron duo, Wingsaber, Mudflap, Evac, Hot Shot , Red Alert, Scattorshot, Thundercracker and of course Vector Prime

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 12, 2016
  7. BingoBrown

BingoBrown Well-Known Member

I counted about 16 little gripes about TF: Animated, and one gripe about the movie. The thread title is misleading.

8. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    That's my personal opinion. Not sure why you're taking everything I say as facts you can disprove. It was a good show, but was dull when it came to charactorization, imo.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 12, 2016
  9. Sideswipe80

Sideswipe80 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I like the smaller cast and how they are handling the guest members. My only gripe is not enough Dino Bot action and that it took so long to get Omega Supreme.

10. AniProwl

AniProwl Banned

News Credits:
    I personally don't like each week being the TF of the week formula. I mean the only way this show has any plot is
    The AB's meet new TF(s)
    Cons and/or villains show some trouble
    New TF helps either AB's/baddies
    Then the climax involves the disappearance of new guy
    The end.
    The only episodes I can see that don't involve this plot are Fistful of Energon, (Maybe)Autoboot Camp,Black Friday, Sari, No One's Home and (Maybe) the season finale.
    I hope this story formula gets kicked out in next season and we get the cast with at least two more characters on both sides.

11. Sideswipe80

Sideswipe80 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Well it's not happening. The writers said they want to keep the current as the core. And I'm perfectly fine with that. I'm a huge fan of G1 but even I hated how there was too many characters.

12. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Never heard about guest characters? You're lucky Blurr gonna appear again after his episode.

13. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    Yeah, guest characters are the best way to introduce new cast members without bloating the cast, which is already a little bloated. (BA, Elite Guard, Dinobots...)

14. AniProwl

AniProwl Banned

News Credits:
    Okay, but remember how bad most of you guys and gals wanted Jazz to stay on Earth with OP's crew when the Elite Guard left Earth?

15. BingoBrown

BingoBrown Well-Known Member

Animated Jazz = Awesome

16. swarlock

swarlock Autobot Supporter

The reason for the smaller cast? Less clutter.

If you keep adding a new Autobot/Decepticon to the ranks without a proper introduction/back story/whatever. The show would lose its focus.

17. swarlock

Actually they DO put tickets on Ambulances in Detroit from what I've heard. But then other places are affected too. Look up the information.

18. swarlock

I expected he would leave with The Elite Guard. But he still would've made a fine addition. That doesn't mean he won't show up again if Season 3 gets the greenlight.

19. zeroXII

zeroXII metallicon

News Credits:
    TS seems to just want to vent. I suppose i can relate, in a way, coz i have yet to warm up to the main cast, but at the same time, having a G1 size cast would give the writers headaches trying to give each of the bots distinct personalities. Besides, the show is only running the second season. Most toons don't reach full steam till the 3rd season. Plenty of time to change the status quo till then.

20. Legless Pete

Legless Pete Chairman Kaga

One thing I /didn't/ like about BW was that the main cast got new toys every so often. It just irks me, somehow, when I'm buying the fifth incarnation of Optimus Primal, ESPECIALLY when the aesthetics don't match with the previous wave's (I'm OCD like that, I also need an exactly equal number of autobots/maximals and decepticons/predicons in size classes, too). Now, ever since BM ended we haven't had TF shows that were intended to last more than one year, but animated is different- already we're gonna be getting a new prowl toy. That's why I feel that having a large, rotating cast is better. Sure, you can have one ep about Optimus' five man band, another ep about the three elite guardsmen, another about the dinobots, maybe another about a group of fembots.