One last hope for a combining Devastator toy (SPOILER)

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Shizuka, May 21, 2009.

1. Shizuka

Shizuka Optimus Prime's scriptor

News Credits:
    Well since Demolisher dies in the beginning, maybe Hasbro will release a toy of Overload who has the potential to combine the other constructicons. (feel free to criticise.) And I'm willing to hold strong to this argument.

2. Dinobot Nuva

Dinobot Nuva Johnny 3 Tears Veteran

News Credits:
    We'll still lack a Scavenger toy then.

3. tomboland

tomboland Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    anybody else getting as annoyed with these topics as they are with the "JAZZ IS ALLIVE!!!!!!!!1111111" topics?

4. Motor_Master

Motor_Master Lets the balls touch TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    The thread title is misleading. The $99 movie Devastator toy is a combining devastator toy. The only drawback is there are no individual robot modes.

$20 says the Legends Devastator Combiner will be released in the US. That is the only way we will see a movie devastator combiner in the US.

5. BadJeff

BadJeff Bite my shiny metal ass!

Warning *****Spoilers below*****
    Is Jazz coming back?
    What ever happened to Barricade?
    Will the Dinobots be in ROTF?
    How many bots will combine to form Devastator?
    Does Optimus Prime have a mustache?
    Does Starscream give Megatron the reach around?

And just for good luck...:bay :bay :bay 

I kid... and I guess i really have no comment:confused: 

6. Shizuka

Shizuka Optimus Prime's scriptor

News Credits:
    Well it was just a thought that may have some logic in it.

7. tomboland

tomboland Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    i am still looking for this "lawjeek" of which u speak

8. Grimwing

Grimwing Scientist Supreme

News Credits:
    I'm not taking that bet. Because $20 is money I can put down on the new legends and I agree that hasbro will want to release them. Its their mold.

as for anything else combining. As size increases so does a toys mass and weight.
    The legends work because they will be able to support that on regular hinge friction (light weight) but to do anything with a larger devestators legs after you have a hollow transformed robot/vehicle/limb piece requires intense ratchets (the bad kind like those on cybertron leobreaker)) or fixed joints.

I think hasbro knows how to put out a good product and the legends are very complimentary to the other constructicon based sets. Just 9 more days until I can buy ROTF product. Lovely.

9. lars573

lars573 Well-Known Member

There is no hope for a combining constructicons with robot modes that aren't legends. Accept it and move on. The evidence against it is quite massive.

1. Hasbro said so, and not in a "not right now but maybe" way they usually do but "no."
    2. From the indviual bots revealed so far one leg is a deluxe (and from those who have him would NOT hold the weight of the 2 voyagers and 2 deluxes on top of him), the other a voyager (who has 50% more mass than the other leg, which would make devs look like he had polio). And in fact this is the single biggest piece of evidence that the indviual bots won't combine.
    3. The body pieces can't fit together because Demolsiher is a voyager and Scavenger (who does combine) is a leader. Peaugh tried and they just won't fit. Demolisher is too narrow.
    4. From the looks of it his arms might end up as deluxe/voyager mix too.
    5. For Overload to magically fix all these problems he'd have to dissassemble into at least 6 pieces. Hip, neck, and shoulder joints to link on the other bots to Demolisher. Devastators face to link onto Mixmaster (watch Peaugh's review of him he has no Devy face). And enough parts to bulk up Rampage so he won't look like a gimp leg/collapse under the weight of the other bots.

The only "fully featured" constructicons we're going to get is the legends.

10. Shockscream

Shockscream Chairman of Nerd Day

News Credits:
    I am looking forward to the Supreme for detail and sheere loveliness. I may get the Legends just to have a real combiner. I am happy with these.

11. Bumblethumper

Bumblethumper old misery guts

News Credits:
    I reckon they could probably do a workable Devastator out of FABs. Those are pretty tough. They'd surely stand a better chance at the drop test than deluxes and voyagers.

But they probably can't be bothered, and so far we just have Long Haul.

12. Prescient

Prescient Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It may be possible that they do a fully transforming fangasm version for next year which is a half way house, i.e. scout / deluxe mix with a Voyager Scavenger as the body.

But for now, the legends is enough to keep me and my wallet happy.

13. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout SANTARN IS COMING AGAIN TFW2005 Supporter

Wait, what? The four Leaders for ROTF are OP, Megatron, Jetfire, and most likely Starscream.

But the part about the individual constructicons not fitting together is true simply because of the Rampage/Long Haul size problem and the fact that Mixmaster is NOT going to sit like a head on Demolishor, even though Demolishor can be configured into a form like his Supreme component counterpart.

14. lars573

Scavenger from the Devastator giftset is a leader sized toy. Mixmaster is a voyager, from the size of him Hightower too more than likely. The other 3 limbs are deluxes.

15. x BlackMagnus x

x BlackMagnus x Is not impressed

News Credits:
    Whaa?
    When was this announced?:confused: 

edit: nvm you meant giftset Tonkastator

16. JuicyNo

JuicyNo Well-Known Member

I'm doubting that Overload has anything to do with Devastator in the movie (maybe he ends up being the Con that gets sacrificed to bring Megatron back online), especially judging by the Supreme figure and the Devastator page in the 'Transformers: The Movie Universe' preview pages that went online a couple days ago, which only lists Devs as a combination of 6 cons.

Maybe Overload is only used in the legends combination since all of the figures are approximately the same size. This would help beef up Devs' body size so his proportions are more accurate...whereas the Supreme combiner allows multiple size classes and benefits from having Scavenger be a leader sized figure, while the arms and legs are voyagers and deluxes respectively.

17. lars573

The 7th constucticon is more than likely Devastator.