One concept that Ehren Kruger dumped in TF3

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by hound88, Jul 24, 2011.

1. hound88

hound88 Well-Known Member

One thing that Ehren Kruger dumped in DOTM is the stupid idea by the writers used in TF1 and ROTF - the space ball space travelling mode.

In DOTM we saw Spaceships and even mother ships. I think it was a good move to dump that stupid theory that robots had to turn into space meteorites to travel and to literally crash into a planet to arrive. Also, the autobots didnt think this was a risky way to travel that could kill humans?

2. Surge

Surge Village Dolt

News Credits:
    While traveling, they probably observed maps of Earth's surface, looking for safe/deserted places to land. Hence the reason why Optimus crashes into a field and Jazz in the empty baseball stadium.

3. Ace Convoy

Ace Convoy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Still looked painful

Though you might think that if they can survive Impact from orbit they might be able to takes some of those sabot rounds.

4. thien425

thien425 Well-Known Member

Ratchet crashed in the middle of a street near a fast-food place packed with people..........

5. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    Mother ships are fine by me, but the little fighter craft were ridiculous. What would the Decepticons need to pilot fighter craft for, when they can simply transform into fighter craft? A perfect opportunity to introduce more Seeker jets like Skywarp and Thundercracker was wasted.

6. 03Mach1

03Mach1 Reason Has No Voice

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    It would've made for boring movie watching if they all simply landed in a field like Optimus.

7. Lock Cade

Lock Cade Tarn Fangirl TFW2005 Supporter

Yeah, besides I thought it was fun watching that one kid run out of the restaurant with his video camera, saying, "This is easily a 100 times cooler than Armageddon, I swear to God!"

8. RedWolf

RedWolf Well-Known Member

ROTF had the Nemesis under the command of the Fallen.

Though one would think these ships should be well... bigger given the Nemesis.

9. bellpeppers

bellpeppers A Meat Popsicle

News Credits:
    THIS

10. Auto Morph

Auto Morph Gimmick Bot

Here's the real question: The Autobots obviously didn't travel all the way from Cybertron in 'meteorite' mode so where did they come from? The re-entry alt mode is - I assume - only for short range travel.

People screaming "PLOT HOLE" in 3...2...1...

11. Soulmaster

Soulmaster Well-Known Member

I think bots were near Earth, so that's why they used entry-mode, Decepticons instead, were carrying more pillars to make the big space bridge and also some materials to block the city I think (can't remember)
    the stuff I didn't liked was the fact that they didn't transform (even in generic clone jets as the TFPrime vehicons), instead they were inside a strange "transforming" ship -.- simply stupid

12. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    I believe the word you're looking for is "ditched," not "dumped."

You make it sound like he DID put the spaceballs back in.

13. Shizuka

Shizuka Optimus Prime's scriptor

News Credits:
    Well excuse Bay for thinking it's stupid for robots that change into vehicles to use vehicles. In War for Cybertron 2 I expect to be able to use the space-bus.

14. Moy

Moy Constructicons!

News Credits:
    Well, this time there were plenty more Decepticons, so ships had to be present.

15. Tikin

Tikin Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Question to those dumping on the fighter ships:

Were the genericons ever shown flying under their own power? If no then we have to assume they are not flight-capable, that flight ability is not something standard among the Decepticon ranks. In which case I have to ask; why do similarly ground-bound humans use fighter jets?

And lets just say Joe-genericon, who previously was an SUV and was never shown to fly, is capable of scanning a jet and taking off, just like that without any serious modifications. Then my question becomes; why is a ships worth of armor, firepower, and speed, in addition to your own armor, a bad thing? As that one genericon showed, it's possible for a pilot of one of those ships to crawl away from a crash, something that would be a bit more difficult if the damage that caused you to crash in the first place was to your own body.

Seriously, this argument just bugs me, it's not like this is the first time in Transformers we've had piloted fighter ships. In Armada during the fight with Unicron Hot Shot, Demolisher and other ground-bound bots were shown piloting ships, while flyers like Cyclonus and Tidalwave fought under their own power.

16. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    To be fair to the other side, there's no humans that can fly under their own power, unlike the Decepticons.

However I agree, not all TFs can fly, and for that mission they needed a strong air force, which they simply did not have in individuals. They DID, however, have a bunch of space fighters.

17. ErbFan28

ErbFan28 Go Dennis Erb Jr. #28!!!

News Credits:
    Yeah, I wasn't a big fan of the space meteor concept in TF1 and ROTF. It was nice to see spaceships in DOTM.

18. FAKER II

FAKER II Cheap Repaint

I gave up counting the plot holes. It's much easier to simply list the few things that actually make sense.

19. Satomiblood

Satomiblood Prototype Black

Those were Action Masters.

20. hound88

hound88 Well-Known Member

the space meteor concept was an idiotic one, period!

Yeah those transformers on Cybertron or their ship, loading themself into some cannons to be shot into earth. Yeah right.

Imagine this:
    Prime: Autobots, lets scan some meteors and lets go to earth to join bumblebee.

Jazz: Hey, how about we scan some flying spacecrafts or ships and fly there?

Prime: What? haha, dont be ridiculous. Why would we want to transform into spaceships when we can transform into spaceballs and crash into the ground? That's an order dammit!

Everyone: oh ok...

After they transform....Ultra Magnus comes running to the scene and sees a few space balls on the floor.

Magnus: Prime, er... is that you??

Prime: Ultra Magnus! Yup its me! You're just in time, we're going to earth!

MagnusL: I want to go too...

Prime: NO! You cant! You got to load us into these cannons. Then aim towards earth. You better not miss or I'm gonna kick your sorry ass!