One character you wish Marvel would bring back

Discussion in 'Comic Books and Graphic Novels' started by Kickback, Apr 8, 2009.

1. Kickback

Kickback Proud father Administrator Super Mod News Staff

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Tumblr:
    For me?

Skullfire, from X-Men 2099, before he became some jumble of electricity. The character design originally was awesome, and his backstory was great. He was a mutant who couldn't control his power and felt like he was too dangerous to be around.

After running in to La Lunatica, who FUBAR'd his head, he gained control of his power and went a little more psycho/dark, and his character really took shape.

I miss Skullfire. And I miss X-Men 2099.

2. Paladin

Paladin Have Zord, Will Travel

News Credits:
    Detroit- It's a shithole full of people who steal
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Spider-Man.

Not so much "bring back" as "Bring back to normal and undo this moronic 'ONe MOre Day' shit."

But if that doesn't count....

Ben Reiley.

3. MushroomPrime

MushroomPrime ******

News Credits:
    Thought it'd be completely moot, Glenn Talbot.

I always enjoyed that He and Banner 'fought' for Betty's attention, even though Talbot was devoid of any definable character.

4. jourdo

jourdo TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    Spider-Ham!

5. Cast

Cast Roll the dice

Ben Reiley.

Maybe X man to, I always felt he was more intresting than cabel who was just to fire power over using his actual power, I mean we've got punisher for fire power and iron man for high tech firepower.

6. smkspy

smkspy is one nice fucking kitty

Danny Ketch Ghost Rider in a real regular series. Not that horrible excuse for a miniseries just published.

7. Wreckgar

Wreckgar Anthony Stark Veteran

I'm going with X-Man and Ben Reilly as well. X-Man wasn't my favorite character at all until the Shaman story took place. Then he actually became really interesting. Then they canceled his title and killed him off.

Spider-Clone was just awesome. I think Marvel mistook the hate of the story being hate for the character. People hated the story because it went on for 2 goddamn years. So their solution, kill him off. And what's stupid was the obvious way to fix this.

Send Ben to the Heroes Reborn earth. It was right during Onslaught and they could have popped him over there and still have peter without missing a beat. Have Spidey-Clone join the Avengers thus eliminating the need for a new book. Then when the Return happens, have him stay behind in his own series. But no, instead we make him a pile of goo.

8. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    The 2099 version of the Vulture.

9. Boggs6ft7

Boggs6ft7 TFW2005 Supporter

Venom

The anti-venom thing just seems silly.

10. Molini

Molini spawn of a glitch TFW2005 Supporter

Steve Rogers!

I'm not too fond of Bucky. Am I the only one who really enjoyed what a bad ass Cap was during Civil War? Closest thing to anti-hero I'd ever seen him, defying authority and all.

Next on my list would have to be Legion.

11. Chrono Grimlock

Chrono Grimlock Perfect By Nature

News Credits:
    Nate Grey.

12. Sparky Prime

Sparky Prime Well-Known Member

Seconded! On all counts.

13. smkspy

smkspy is one nice fucking kitty

The way they killed him off left the door wide open for him to return one day.

In my explanation, a mad villain (who is secretly Cassandra Nova possessing the cloned body of Jean Grey) gathers all the telepaths together and together they suck Nate Grey out of the atmosphere (whatever spirital mojo he bacame) and giving him new form. Nova seeks to possess NG because he was the Ultimate mutant.

14. Wreckgar

I always figured the same, the way they killed him could eventually be undone. With the way they brought some things back in X-Force, this would be right up that alley.

maybe he's inhibiting the body of the Mutant Messiah

15. Spider Striker

Spider Striker ThisGuyWithTheYellowCap

Paladin, Cast and Sparky Prime are now among my favorite posters. Wreckgar moved higher up on my top five.

Ben Reilly was a great character and had such awesome potnetial. Not only could've they done some typical "Parker luck" type stuff, but he'd have to find ways to prove he exists, and worry about clone degeration, or hell, even the psycological impact of "not really being alive."

I want Ben back. :( 

16. Wreckgar

There's a list? And I'm on it???

17. Switch625

Switch625 "Up, up, and away!"

I'd like for Marvel to bring back all of their characters. Nobody has behaved like themselves since before Civil War started and aside from the costumes, I hardly recognize anybody anymore. Cyclops had an affair with the White Queen, who is a hero now, Bucky's not dead and is using guns as the new Captain America, Jean Grey is still dead (or might be that little girl I see with Cable in the solicits), Kitty Pryde got shot off into outer space in a giant bullet, Hawkeye's not Hawkeye anymore, he's the ninja Ronin, who was originally the woman Echo, despite the fact that early issues of New Avengers had her drawn as a man, Spider-Woman's back, but not really because she turned out to be the Skrull Queen while the real Spider-Woman has been captured this whole time, Iron Man became a government tyrant, Norman Osbourne is a hero in the public's eyes (and not dead), Captain Marvel came back from the dead through some time travel loophole but that was irrelevant because he turned out to be another Skrull, Ghost Rider's an angel and Danny Ketch is a villain, the Hulk has a kid and there's a red Hulk out there, Black Panther's a girl now, Venom is actually the Scorpion and not Eddie Brock, who was dying of cancer but is fine now and is running around as something called Anti-Venom and, oh yeah, Peter Parker made a deal with the devil to keep his elderly aunt alive a few more years. Oh, and Wolverine is a regular character in a dozen titles and makes regular guest appearances in everything else that Marvel publishes.

18. Cyber-Kun

Cyber-Kun UNLEASHED!

News Credits:
    Amiss all this, I'll still stand by Marvel until they bring back Uncle Ben as a cyborg zombie. Then I'm done with Marvel.

19. Rodimus Major

Rodimus Major Custom User Title

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    That's new?

Add another vote/whatever for Ben Reilly.

20. tikgnat

tikgnat Baweepgranaweepninnybong. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    They did bring back Uncle Ben in a 'What if' and it was fantastic.

Basically Ben goes out for milk instead of May, May gets killed instead. Peter still goes off and accidentally kills the killer, but because Unce Ben went to look for Peter at the warehouse, he sees Peter as Spidey and takes the rap for the killing.

With Ben in Jail, Peter goes into the system and lives homeless and whatnot, trying to do the good his childhood morals tell him, but increasingly finding it difficult to cope.

Ben gets out (some kind of leniency because of his wifes murder or summat), hunts down Spidey and the two team up with Ben on the ground as backup and Spidey as his gopher.

It was pretty cool.

Personally I wish they would bring back Universe 616 back to the way it was, pre craziness. Its like every recent story has been a 'What if'.

I want Hawkeye and the Scarlett Witch back to the way they were. No craziness, Ninjas or anything. Having said that Mockingbirds return is welcome. Keep her and Hawkeye together for teamup hijinks.