Once Upon a Time

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by UnicronFTW, Oct 24, 2011.

1. LXL_Guy

LXL_Guy Well-Known Member

She plays Red Riding Hood which is cool. I like her.

Maybe he retains more of his memory than anyone else is led to believe?! I just get a feeling when he said please as if he remembers said deal.

2. Starfire22

Starfire22 :D

News Credits:
    Between this and american horror story (and MLP) my DVR is gonna get a workout. :D 

3. LXL_Guy

LXL_Guy Well-Known Member

With episode 3, is the Prince/John Doe the same one for Cinderella & Snow White?

4. janeDoe001

janeDoe001 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Nope, just for Snow White... and his name is James.

Looking forward to the next episode. :D 

jD001

5. janeDoe001

janeDoe001 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Just watching the episode now. :D 

HE KILLED HER FREAKING FAIRYGOD MOTHER?! that bloody bastard!

The queen is being a bitch as usual but I doubt she'll be happy that the sheriff offered her a job. :lol  so I guess that evens it out. Also (I've always wanted to do this):

The word of the day is Change! C-H-A-N-G-E... CHANGE!

jD001

6. moreprimeland

moreprimeland Optimus told me to do it!

News Credits:
    Is anybody still watching this series??? :D 

Liked that tonite we got the backstory for Jiminy Cricket..and that Emma has decided to call Henry her son too...awwwww...take that Evil Queen/Mayor! :thumb 

Ahh, James has figured out something isn't quite right....tbc....

7. lildevilchick

lildevilchick what the doctor ordered

How does this not have more posts?!

I just watched the entirety of season 1 and LOVED it. Season 2 is starting off nicely, in my opinion, and I'm really glad we can see how everything is progressing now that everyone remembers who they are. :) 

8. moreprimeland

News Credits:
    I know ldc..folks don't want to admit they're watching it?? :D 

Still enjoying every ep...can't wait for Sunday's Capt'n Hook episode. :popcorn 

9. lildevilchick

I'm guessing the show is too girly for the guys here. xD Which is insanity because the plot is just sooo damn good. All the weird tension between Snow, Charming, and Emma is just done really well. If I didn't know better, I'd say Emma is actually a little older than her parents? Or they're roughly the same age. It's so weird how protective Snow is being when Emma is definitely old enough to take care of herself (you know, aside from nearly being eaten by an ogre).

I'm loving Jennifer Morrison as Emma and I'm really loving the Evil Queen. She's a more sympathetic character here. Captain Hook looks he'll be another excellent character, too. :D 

10. Jadryx

Jadryx Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    My wife got hooked on this and has now got me hooked a bit. I haven't watch very much of the first season but they had a nice recap that covered pretty much all that I needed to know to be up to speed. I haven't seen the most recent episode so I'm a little behind. I like the show so far!

11. grayman

grayman The Alpha and The Omega TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'm a guy and I've been hooked on this show since the first episode. This is great writing with depth of character that should appeal to anyone regardless of sex. I particularly enjoy the villains, since their motivation seems to explain their evil acts. The Evil Queen, an innocent girl turned into a horrible woman by the constant torment of a cruel mother. Rumplestilskin, a man who wishes to love, but cannot trust love, because he cannot first love himself. How often do you see that played well in any story? I hope that this show goes on for a long time and recommend it to any man or woman.

12. moreprimeland

News Credits:

I saw Ginnifer Goodwin on Craig Ferguson (devoted fan of his) and she was explaining that she and her dtr are about the same age, and she's a grandmother of an 11 yro. :lol 

I think, in the last episode, Snow explained that she felt protective of Emma in the "Fairy Tale Realm" because of the whole magic working or not..depending on a flash forward/back, whatever. :D 

Yeah, even Regina has been a little more likeable now that she's lost everything (especially Henry) pretty much....but she'll scheme and find her way back... Wonder when her mother will show up???

I'm a fan of this series, always like the warped telling of childhood stories.. the true Grimm's fairy tales. Bwwahahahaha.

13. 13 Primes

13 Primes Well-Known Member

I Have really grown to Love this Show, I Wasn't to sure about it at first,
    I Thought it was Going to be to Cheesy, but I Kept Watching And Now I Love It! :D 

14. BScorpinok75

BScorpinok75 Squadron X #1 Consultant

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    I absolutely love this show. This likely my current favorite tv show. Never even knew this thread existed. Good to know there are other OUAT fans here on the boards.

15. Silk Spectre

Silk Spectre The Evil Queen

<-------- See new icon. I'm a fan. :cool:  I've watched the show since I caught the marathon of season one episodes they ran back in January, I think it was..... I missed some episodes at the end of season one, but came back for season two with the premiere and I don't plan on missing any episodes this season.

Love this show. Love many of the characters, which is probably why I've gotten so into it. Good and bad, they're awesome.

16. lildevilchick

That's gotta be so trippy for Snow and Charming. I'm really hoping to see the show expand upon the awkward situation. :lol 

You're right. I just find it so weirdly cool because they're roughly the same age. To Snow, Emma is her little girl, but Emma has proved several times that she can take care of herself. I'm hoping we get to see more of that between the two characters.

From what I gather, Captain Hook is the big bad this season, meaning Regina might actually try reforming like she said. That may end up blowing up in her face and come season 3 she's back to her old ways, but I would definitely like to see her keep her word to Henry.

It's nice to see this thread getting activity again. :D 

17. ViperDragon

ViperDragon Well-Known Member

I am a fan of the show. I also watch Grimm, which has fairy tale type characters, but set in an entirely different setting. I hope Regina reforms. They have plenty of characters that could be the season's big bad, like the Red Queen from Wonderland. Or maybe bring in the Wizard of Oz setting for a season and have the wicked witch the main baddie. With the rich history of fairy tales, the possibilities are enormous. It would be cool to have a "good" and powerful witch, like Regina, on Snow, Emma, and Charming's side for future battles.

18. lildevilchick

LOVED tonight's episode. The whole Captain Hook story line was very well done and I found myself getting giddier and giddier as I started putting the pieces together as we made our way to the end.

I totally didn't see that guy being Smee until the very end, but I totally saw the bean being used as a gateway to Neverland! I'm really hoping we get to see Peter Pan in the near future. :D 

19. ViperDragon

ViperDragon Well-Known Member

Indeed, a very good episode!

Rumple's son, Bae, leaves his land once his dad becomes the Dark One. How is still the mystery. Maybe he found a magic bean too?
    Rumple tricks Regina into unleashing the Curse to bring everyone to "our" world and Storybrook so Rumple can look for his son.
    Bae is Henry's Father as he would have been here before the others and not tied to Storybrook's Curse thus meeting up with Emma.
    Captain Hook finds something in Neverland that will "kill" Rumple.

This show has done well with tying in the characters and their story lines. It would appear that Rumple has many forms such as the Beast and now the Crocodile.

20. lildevilchick

Actually, there was a first season episode where we see Bae leave. He wants his father to change his ways, so he gets him to promise to leave to a new land with him (blue fairy gives him the bean) where he won't be able to use magic anymore. But Rumple is a coward and when the portal finally opens, he can't bring himself to go. Bae is sucked through and, too late, Rumple realizes that he doesn't want to be left behind. That's why he went to all that trouble making the curse - so he could follow after his son.