Once Upon a Time (ABC's Fairy Tale TV Show)

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by Roadtrack, Mar 14, 2012.

1. Roadtrack

Roadtrack Well-Known Member

I haven't seen any thread about this wonderful series and I'm surprised. What do you think of it, so far? The season is a couple of episodes away from being finished. I wish there's going to be like 5 more seasons.
    I really like watching the Fairy Tale parts. They look kinda Narnia-ish.

2. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I fucking love this show. I like this show more than Walking Dead, Vampire Diarrhea. Not they they share anything in common. Still, my lady and I never miss an episode.

I thought it was going to be like "Cinderalla Gone Wild in the city", but it ended up being a very cool little show about a hidden quiet town with an awesome secret.

3. janeDoe001

janeDoe001 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Been watching (with my mom and sister) since the very beginning. And from watching the latest episode, it's only just getting better. :D 

jD001

4. ViperDragon

ViperDragon Well-Known Member

My wife and I watch the show and both enjoy it. Can be a little sappy some times, but overall I enjoy it. Now I am just waiting for the a**holes at ABC to can it like they did with No Ordinary Family. Let's hope not...

5. dsprks75

dsprks75 Well-Known Member

I only started watching this on Hulu like a few days ago and I'm hooked. Best part about that it there's always a new episode until you get caught up.

Can't wait to see what shit program takes its place when ABC cancels it!

6. moreprimeland

moreprimeland Optimus told me to do it! Moderator TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Been watching from day 1, I thought there was a discussion thread already, but just love the twists and turns in the series...just when you think you know who's who, they flip backwards on themselves. :D 
    Was looking around to see if I could find some news on a possible Season 2, but so far, haven't found it...the season 1 finale is May 13th, irrc. Just hope they do get a S2, according to ABC it's one of their highest rated for Sunday nights..so keeping my fingers crossed.

7. ViperDragon

ViperDragon Well-Known Member

Indeed. I loved that
    Red Riding Hood turned out to be the wolf.

8. -Superion-

-Superion- Well-Known Member

I watched the first episode, and it is interesting. I might watch more later.

9. dsprks75

dsprks75 Well-Known Member

The mayor/evil queen is a cast iron BITCH...

10. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    I'm only three or four episodes into it and it seems okay enough. Still not as compelling as I'd prefer and I'm really not fond of a little kid as one of the main show characters (especially one as knowing and demanding, and thus irritating, as Henry is). Emma is a bit bland too. But I've been hearing good things about it as far as how the season progresses so I'll stick with it for now.

11. jerminator

jerminator Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    I LOVE this show and have been a fan since stumbling upon the first episode. My only qualm is the fact that the actress playing Mary-Margaret looks at least 5 years younger than the one who plays Emma, her daughter. Suspension of disbelief aside, the writing is fantastic and the way they weave the traditional tales into the modern era with twists & turns just blows me away. Never mind the fact that Snow/Mary-Margaret and Red/Ruby are hot as Hell. Mr. Gold/Rumplestiltskin has to be probably my favorite character. The way he manipulates and contorts is diabolical and you really have no clue which side he's playing more. Last week's episode finally showed a bit of his human aspect, moreso than the one about him and Belle imho. I wish there were more episodes in the season though. With this show and The Walking Dead on hiatus for the season soon, I won't know what to do with myself Sunday nights.