2D Artwork: 'On the Wings of Heroes' Charity Auction Lithograph

Discussion in 'Transformers Fan Art' started by Altitron, Nov 1, 2009.

1. Altitron

Altitron Commercial Artist

Ebay:

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 20, 2009
  2. rikkuluverx2

rikkuluverx2 scout

News Credits:
    lookin' good.

-rikkuluverx2

3. kjeevahh

kjeevahh n/a

News Credits:
    nice.. apart from prime! his head is squished a bit vertically, perhaps it's a photo that was taken at an angle?

anyway quickly tweaked the head in photoshop:

[​IMG]

4. kjeevahh

kjeevahh n/a

News Credits:
    also are you colouring it too?

i vote you colour it like this -

[​IMG]

:) 

5. Altitron

Ebay:
    No, not a photo. There is a bit of perspective at work, and I was channeling Prime's G2 appearance, going for that thick-head look. :p 

And I literally LOL'd at that Queen pic. I love those guys, haaha..

But anyway, yes! I will be coloring it. The colors will look very loose and lucid, like something out of a dream sequence - but there will be strong shadows, like you've suggested.

- Alty

6. yourreflection

yourreflection Well-Known Member

Where will this be auctioned? I'm interested =)

7. Maloknazh

Maloknazh Black Metal Ist Krieg

Ebay:
    Woah man, thats insano, I approve

8. Altitron

Ebay:
    This lithograph, along with the set of customized Transformer figures represented by the characters in the lithograph (done by Frenzy_Rumble, Encline, Big Hank, et. all), will be listed on Ebay for auction on Nov. 7th under Frenzy_Rumble's Ebay User ID.

- Alty

9. Rotorstorm

Rotorstorm OriginalRotorstorm Fanboy

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    If I was Brawn or Huffer I'd be pissed off at not being on it :lol  were the other 7 ark crew members busy when this was made or was it before Trailbreaker, Prowl and the like joined the ship's compliment?

10. The Crazy Collector

The Crazy Collector Well, that's just Prime! TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    Where's Prowl, Trailbreaker, Bluestreak, Brawn, Huffer, Gears, and Windcharger? I mean, it's a beautiful pic and all, but if it's supposed to commemorate the launch of the Ark, shouldn't the entire crew be represented?

11. Altitron

Ebay:
    I think you may be trying to judge a little quickly here. Who's to say that the remaining Autobots aren't the basis for our next charity auction? Prowl is the second-in-command (more or less), so it wouldn't look odd at all to have him presented as Prime is here - an authoritative figure leading a group of individuals.

I also think that if we were to have almost 20 figures in a single set - customized by some of the best names in the business - we would really hinder any hope of raising an honest amount to correspond to the product that we were offering. It would be like a reverse-donation - well, Ebay would still make their money, LOL.

A smaller set of 7 figures would be more affordable to those that could not own the 11 that we are auctioning here in the near-future, but still want to be able to donate to charity/own a great set of high-quality custom Transformers.

And I obviously didn't want to depict any characters that were not going to be available with this particular auction, for fear of confusion or backlash from a potential customer on Ebay. As one who has used Ebay before, I'm sure you can understand the apprehension from a seller's stand point.

- Alty

12. The Crazy Collector

The Crazy Collector Well, that's just Prime! TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    I guess (and this is probably just me) that in my opinion, if a piece depicts the original crew of the Ark, it should show the entire crew. I understand that you only want to show the members that will be part of your exclusive set (which sounds awesome, by the way!!), but personally, I wouldn't want the crew split into two prints. I would want everyone together in one picture. Sorry, I don't mean to complain. You're artistic skills are way above anything I could ever produce. I guess I'm just trying to explain what I would like to see if it was my project! Kudos to you and the work you're doing!

13. Altitron

Ebay:
    If I were only doing this illustration for myself and myself alone, then yes, I would have most definitely included the entire crew in a single image. However, I have done this for a very specific purpose. It is what it is, my friend. :) 

Again, thanks for all the interest, comments, criticism, and praise. Here's hoping that the auction itself does just as well as our collective showcase threads here on TFW. :) 

- Alty

14. encline

encline customizer of love TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I ams till amazed at this!!!!!!! A second auction....what ever do you mean:) hehehe...

15. kjeevahh

kjeevahh n/a

News Credits:
    ahhhh i see, ok well if is meant to be for perspective then his antennas are facing the wrong way, at the moment they're pointing outwards at the top!

here's an exaggerated version of how it should look, if you are looking up at him then the bottom of his head will be wider than the top, see image on the right:

[​IMG]

i hope you can manage to nail it, apart from optimus' head the rest of the picture is fantastic

16. Altitron

Ebay:
    You are really serious about your Prime heads, aren't you? :D 

I think what you had seen originally was a bad scan, because the line art that I am coloring in Photoshop now does not look like that first image. I'm also comparing your series of images to my own art in-hand right now. I'm literally holding it up to the monitor, LOL.

I believe that my scanner has a habit of compressing things vertically and I think that is why it came out initially looking that way.

I'll update here in a day or two with color. You'll probably notice the difference then.

- Alty

17. PB379

PB379 Autobot

Jazz's Chest looks like one of the Omni Bots, can't remember which one, but I think he was Red.

18. Altitron

Ebay:
    First post has been updated. Cheers, fellas. :) 

- Alty

19. Anodythe

Anodythe Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    :jawdropper:  With the background...Jaw droppingly amazing!

20. kjeevahh

kjeevahh n/a

News Credits:
    ><