On the Hub channel: GI Renegades > Transformers prime

Discussion in 'Transformers Robots In Disguise / Prime Discussion' started by siniquezu, Jun 26, 2011.

1. siniquezu

siniquezu Well-Known Member

I have never been a GI Joe Fan but I have to say after watching all the episodes of GI Joe Renegades so far, I think that it is superior in writing than Transformers Prime.

Don't get me wrong. I still love transformers and I think the graphics for TFP are awesome. I awesome love the decepticons and starscream but I just don't find the writing very riveting. I do think that operation breakdown is the best episode they have had so far though.

Discuss.

2. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Renegades writing is ace, beats TFP and most modern day cartoons easily;

Animation is pretty damn crappy though, which is a shame because I love the art style.

3. Overlord Balder

Overlord Balder Voices Slugslinger!

Your avatar makes me unable to respect your opinion.

4. Rattrap

Rattrap Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    And your username makes me unable to respect yours.

But OP, I definately know what you mean. I have felt that the episodes after Darkness Rising have been lacking, but the last two have been ALOT better. Im guessing its just starting to pick up now...

5. ABrown

ABrown Well-Known Member

I've enjoyed Prime much much more than Renegades. I just haven't found myself getting hooked onto the more recent G.I. Joe animated series(es). If you're looking for good G.I.Joe, then try G.I.Joe Resolute. Very good movie/series, as I consider it more of a movie than a series.

6. Spunky

Spunky Well-Known Member

Well we all have our preferences. I actually think Renegades is the best G.I. Joe series ever made even if it's not quite as violent as Resolute. I like the new take on the Joes and any Joe series that has the possibility of being crossed over with TF Prime in the future is a win for me!

7. Overlord Balder

Overlord Balder Voices Slugslinger!

Well, I was originally going to pick the username "Overlord", but it had already be taken, so I just put the first thing to pop in my head, and that thing was "Balder", but don't you DARE to speak ill of Norse Mythology! Balder was badass [well, except when he died from a blind man's shot or something].

But on the point, ironically [as I love "badass military teams" stories], I don't like G.I Joe much [Resolutes was pretty cool, though], so the writing might be good, but I really can't get into the characters, story or everything else, so I'll go with TFP.

8. Deceptijohn

Deceptijohn Metallikato Master

News Credits:
  9. siniquezu

siniquezu Well-Known Member

I will check it out. thanks!

10. Karhukjnsi

Karhukjnsi Universal Wrestler

News Credits:
    Mistletoe. :D 

11. JazzSanti86

JazzSanti86 Rockin Out! Latino Style!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I like it, but I still prefer Prime over Renegades, it has a interesting concept and some of the characters I do like but theirs something about the show that hasn't made me go "man, that was awesome, can't wait for next one", definitely not into
    Ripcord coming back having bio-viper powers
    also while I've gotten use to the animation style, its still not my favorite.

12. Paxtin

Paxtin Why am I here?

I've tried watching Renegades, and early on I was kind of enjoying it, but it just fails in keeping me interested. A lot of the times when I watch it I'm just left bored.

It's by no means a bad show. But I just don't care about the story or characters all that much.

Yeah, that was kinda dumb.

13. Ribieconvoy

Ribieconvoy It's pronounced "ribby"

News Credits:
    Honestly, I liked Renegades better in every aspect except animation and art style until
    Ripcord came back with bioviper powers
    . That was sort of cheesy, in my opinion. It just had a great story, great character development, and less that the writers may have felt they needed to live up to since GI Joe wasn't as successful as the transformers movies. Some characters fell victim to the success of the movie, and it hurt their development because of it. Case in point: Bumblebee.

14. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

I like Renegades better because it seems like they were able to blend that old and new even better than Transformers Prime has so far. Just cool little things like getting the original voice actors for Duke and Scarlett to play the part of Duke's parents. Or the name of Shipwreck's boat.

Part of it could be after the blah designs of GI Joe Rise of Cobra it's nice to see the Joes and Cobra with a nice ascetic instead of looking like they got their uniforms from an X-Men movie yard sale. Going drawn over CGI also lets the Joes encounter so many updates of characters from the past.

Of course I guess it will be a mute point after while since Transformers Prime will continue while Renegades is going on the dreaded hiatus for GI Joe 2.

15. Rotorstorm

Rotorstorm OriginalRotorstorm Fanboy

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I haven't seen Renegades but tbh, I'm not enjoying Prime as much as I enjoyed Animated.

16. Sprocket

Sprocket Problematic.

News Credits:
    Too bad Renegades got canceled while Prime will run for years!

...seriously, it is too bad. What's next? Marty story-edits the next version of Visionaries, and it's widely acclaimed but killed after one season?

17. Paxtin

Paxtin Why am I here?

See, I'm actually the other way. I think the best thing Renegades has going for it is some nicely drawn animation and a unique art style.