On Optimus, BA, and Sentinel

Discussion in 'Transformers Animated Discussion' started by Moonscream, Apr 14, 2009.

1. Moonscream

Moonscream YES, We EXIST!

News Credits:
    After watching Predacons Rising, I had a burning fangirl question: Were Sentinel and Elita-1 an item back at the time of the incident which made her into Blackarachnia?

So I sent Derrick Wyatt an email about it. He said he didn't know, but today I opened my email to find out he'd passed my question to Marty Isenberg, and gotten an answer for me! Damn Derrick is so cool! :D  :D 

The answer:
    "Hey Derrick,

Please forward this to the burning fangirl:

I think it’s open to interpretation. Personally, I think Sentinel considered himself and Elita an item, but I think Elita was too much of a free spirit to commit herself to any one bot. My $ .02.

Marty"

I know it won't end speculation, but it does give a bit more insight into the relationship between the three of them, and why Sentinel seemed to take things a lot harder.

--Moony

2. NGW

NGW Rawr

News Credits:
    So she was SP's loose girlfriend?

3. Vexza

Vexza Nerdicon

Ooo, this is not going to end well. -looks at Fangirl thread in general discussion-

Haha, jk. But yeah, I thought the same thing; Sentinel thought they were, Elita didn't want to be.

4. Torque

Torque The WORDSMITH

News Credits:
    1) AWESOME on both of their parts, those guys are awesome!
    2) hmm, interesting-Elita 1 a little like MJ from Spectacular Spiderman... or not, iunno if the comparison is right there. but i think people who have seen the show might now what i mean

5. Reflector Unit

Reflector Unit Cameracon

I KNEW IT! She WAS a slut before becoming technorganic!

Just how many did she have on the side?

6. Moonscream

News Credits:
    It doesn't mean she was a slut at all, just that she liked them both and liked hanging out with them...possibly even clueless that she had an effect on either of them, while they may have had a friendly rivalry over her.

Like Torque said, too...like MJ.

--Moony

7. ILoveDinobot

ILoveDinobot Arise Rodimus Prime

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    It's Sentinel x Optimus no question, Elita is a 3rd wheel. :D 

8. Digilaut

Digilaut My name is Drift.

News Credits:
    Mr. Isenberg pretty much confirms what I got out of the two episodes, Along Came A Spider and Predacons Rising. Good to see it's 'official' now, though. :) 

9. janeDoe001

janeDoe001 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    FANFICTION!!! :lolol :lolol :lolol :lolol :lolol :lolol :lolol :lolol :lolol :lolol 

jD001

10. Coeloptera

Coeloptera Big, bad beetle-bot

Everything else aside, it's obvious Sentinel felt rather strongly about her, regardless. Note his truly, deeply horrified and repulsed reaction to learning who she was and what she'd become.

"You don't deserve to say that name!"
    and
    "I can't allow it. I can't allow any of it."

I'd say if anything was able to touch his spark, this was it. I'd liken it to a vampire movie. What she'd become is nothing like what she was. In Sentinel's optics, Elita-1 was offline, whatever Blackarachnia is, isn't her anymore, and the only way to help her find peace is to put her down.

From what we see later, I also get the impression that Optimus seemed to have thought of Elita-1 as being more Sentinel's "girl" than his.

Of course this bring up a topic that has surely been savegely, brutally beaten into the substrate numerous times before, Transformers and relationships.

I keep it basic, myself. I imagine that psychologically, only some TFs have a desire for an emotionally intimate relationship with a being with a highly complementary personality to theirs. As it works out, the baseline ("male") TFs that do have such an emotional makeup (like say...Tap Out) have a tendency to find such a highly complementary match, more often than not, among those TFs that organics perceive as "female". Since this (clearly recognizable) subtype exists in limited numbers, occasionally you'd have competition among the others who desired such a relationship, even though they themselves also seem rare.

I came to this conclusion because most TFs do not seem to desire that particular sort of relationship with any being. I'll use G1 examples. Autobots like Prowl, Jazz, and Sky Lynx, for instance, don't seem to have it in them to want that level of emotional intimacy with anyone. Others, like Bumblebee, maintain emotional health through extremely strong friendships (like with Spike). Then we get actual siblings, like Sunstreaker and Sideswipe, or ones who may as well be, like Inferno and Red Alert. Even the Dinobots function like a (dysfunctional) family, with Grimlock as patriarch. Heck, Slag apparently has at least some emotional need for sympathetic companionship that is satisfied by the others.

The Decepticons are another matter entirely. They have a large number of TFs in their ranks that humans would term "psychotic" or "sociopathic", so you won't see as much of that there. Of course, there are exceptions. Skywarp and Thundercracker may as well be siblings, as well as Dreadwind and Darkwing. The Constructicons have a family dynamic going moreso than even most other gestalts, Soundwave and Megatron share a deep level of camraderie and trust not found among many Decepticons. Soundwave also has a somewhat paternal relationship with some of his mini-cassettes and among them you have siblings like Rumble and Frenzy.

So that's my take on it. Sentinel and Optimus were friends because they were so similar, and among those similarities was that specifici emotional makeup that desired a close emotional relationship with a specific style of complimentary personality usually found amount the "female" subtype.

And BA is a brutal whore, as Triumph the Insult Comic Dog might say. :rolleyes: 

- Coeloptera

11. Vexza

Vexza Nerdicon

What's with you and all the long, insightful responses today? xD

12. Moonscream

News Credits:
    Derrick added in another email that Marty wanted them to be kind of like Ron, Hermoine, and Harry back then.

Tho of course Ron and Hermoine did end up together. ;)  I guess Op would be Harry. ;) 

--Moony

13. Raziel3024

Raziel3024 Well-Known Member

Dear God, Ron Weasley and Sentinel Prime?(Shudder)

14. Vexza

Vexza Nerdicon

http://dl8.glitter-graphics.net/pub/323/323638hjfv5kbuow.gif

I have no idea what that has to do with anything. :thumbs2: 

15. Coeloptera

Coeloptera Big, bad beetle-bot

Apparently I have a fan. :peoples: 

I am bored at work today. I have time. At least they're, as you said, insightful posts.

- Coeloptera

16. Vexza

Vexza Nerdicon

They're good. ^^

17. Incepticon

Incepticon Double Agent

News Credits:
    So she's a cog tease. I knew it.

:) 

18. drrockso20

drrockso20 Well-Known Member

you did it again sir you are once again the-

Attached Files:

19. Spiderus Prime

Spiderus Prime TFW Spongebob since 2007

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Or it just W/C/JG again, but in "Black Friday" Grimlock also have a crush on Blackarahcina it not allway have "Nightclawer+/+ Jean" because that don't exist, and Sentinel is on work with a Decepticon Spy named Shockwave than anyone.

20. Torque

Torque The WORDSMITH

News Credits:
    i swearmy IQ just dropped about 15 points...