On disk DLC?

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Game Discussion' started by Forceman4077, Jul 12, 2012.

1. Forceman4077

Forceman4077 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    After watching this video there are some options with a lock and the word DLC next to it. Now at this point we don't know if it's on disk or not, but the telling factor will be if you can see the model.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 12, 2016
  2. HeroicC300

HeroicC300 Chats with Artists

News Credits:
    Dunno.

Is that Breakdown's chest or Dead End's chest?

3. Meggamus

Meggamus I want FOC figures!!

One of the DLCs could be slipstream ?
    I laughed wen he said metroplex is a 20 ton robot :lolol  by that reasoning , Optimus would be like 100kg at most :lol 

4. Grimlockimus

Grimlockimus Wot?

News Credits:
    Wait, did they just say Dinobots and Insecticons will be in Multiplayer? o-o

5. avengerboy123

avengerboy123 Well-Known Member

Yup insecticons regularly and dinobots DLC most likely.

6. Rexidus

Rexidus Autobot TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Yes there will be on disk DLC. Please don't rage about it.

The DLC is put on the disk so that a person who doesn't have the DLC will still see it. Say I don't have the DLC and you do. If it wasn't on the disk then when I look at you, you would have to look like a default character because I do not have those models anywhere on my system. If you come into view, your system tells mine to draw X chest piece. If I don't have X chest piece it would have to go to a default chest piece.

So the reason for on disk DLC is so you the buyer get the full bang for your buck. People other than you will actually be able to see the parts you are using.

7. vatarian

vatarian SPIDER8ITCH

20 tons? What a dumbass.

8. Transformed

Transformed 神戸 Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I will be pissed if it's ON THE DISC, and I'm sure many others would be too. Last I hear, people gave Capcom a piece of their mind for doing similar evil $#!+ with their character DLC pack.

No one wants to pay to use something they've already paid for, that's essentially what would be happening if we had to purchase codes to get what was already on the disc! DLC as digitally locked content won't help HMS, this game or the Transformers brand, so I hope this isn't the case.

9. RipCurl

RipCurl I just can't get enough!

News Credits:
    last two options. its the same for the scouts vehicle. guessing one will be swoop and other an insecticon

[​IMG]

10. Transformed

Transformed 神戸 Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    ...or something else that's ready to go day one G1 Optimus model and whoever else they have and will announce as a pre-order DLC before the game actually goes on sale.

11. Forceman4077

News Credits:
    If it is on-disk it has to be day one dlc. I'm not super happy about on-disk dlc, but I do understand how game dev works, and that after a game gets content locked the some of the team moves on to the dlc. However, and this is part of the reason people got pissed at Capcom, is if they make us wait a few months to fit some bullshit marketing plan.

12. avengerboy123

avengerboy123 Well-Known Member

no becuase insecticons are all ready seen in customization.

13. Forceman4077

News Credits:
    where did you see that?

14. Sso02V

Sso02V Injector Has a Posse

News Credits:
    No, that's just a side-effect of it. Plenty of other games have released patches alongside DLC that loads the content but doesn't unlock it, and they don't need any of it to be on the disc.

15. RipCurl

RipCurl I just can't get enough!

News Credits:
    wingman sounds like Swoop cause ye know Wings and Buzz is related to insects. to my guess

16. Rexidus

News Credits:
    Good to know my explanation of the why's fell on deaf ears.

On 360? Because I highly doubt that. The 360 has the option to not have a hard drive, thus big content patches akin to adding new models cannot be done (because they have to make the game playable without a hard drive). I'm not going to claim that I have to be right but I can't recall anyone doing anything like that.

17. Forceman4077

News Credits:
    Big mp patches have been done ex Gears 3 and WWE All Stars, and MS doesn't have that policy any more as seen by the fact that Halo 4 requires 8GB install for MP.

18. Rexidus

News Credits:
    Maybe I'll be wrong. What I said was still mostly true even if I'm wrong though. This seems like at best it might be a case by case basis and I could easily see Activision or High Moon wanting to do this just to be able to reach as many people as possible.

Also I think people flip out WAY too much over this topic.

19. Kalyx triaD

Kalyx triaD R-Tyme Entertainment

Guys, Ryoku is right on the money. I've had one conversation a million times over at SFxT forums about this very subject and a lot of people still don't understand and are using thier hearts to conclude a logistical issue. This isn't an argument for emotions. Transformed is an example of how people are both too emotional and uninformed. So I will expand on what Ryoku is trying to say once and only once - because I am not here to do the same old song and dance.

- On disc content, and I agree it probably shouldn't be called DLC anymore technically, solves a major issue: compatibility and HDD space.
    - Those patches Sso02V mentioned? Those are mandatory downloads of DLC content going into your HDD. You still cannot access them unless you buy it. It is the same situation as the content being on disc, expect you save HDD space with on-disc DLC.
    - Often the DLC is day-1 available. This is the way of things, get over it. Most companies plan DLC a few months into development and have it ready by day/week-1 to ensure profits. Also consider many portions of the team will move on to other projects, while only the online multiplayer team remains for long periods to keep the game running.

- Please let go of the fantasy that all the modelers and artists just sit in the office waiting for a call to make DLC months after release like people prefer. There is a reason so few dev teams can deliver DLC long after launch. Everybody isn't Bungie.

- And no, you actually do not own everything on the physical disc. There is no legal precedent for this, no matter how many people just up and think so. When you buy a game you're agreeing to accessing what the company wants you to access on that disc. It really is as simple as reading the back of the box - everything promised is what you purchased, not 'everything on disc'. This is a major detail people need to wise up to, feelings be damned.

20. Flaming Matrix

Flaming Matrix Murder claw master

I quoted this so it will be twice as hard for people to skip over it. Listen to what this person is saying.