On Animated

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Juggalo_Prime, Jul 26, 2010.

1. Juggalo_Prime

Juggalo_Prime Planeswalker

I'm a huge transformers fan, have been ever since i saw reruns of the G1 cartoon when i was 4 or 5. I've seen every season except one, Transformers Animated. Which brings me to the question, is it worth watching or should i just ignore it like most fans ignore The Beast? (( on a side note: the beast is a cool idea, just done terribly))

2. Recall

Recall Player Select

News Credits:
    Animated is one of the best Transformer series in a very long time.

It tells a fantastic story and is throughly entertaining, the art style is unique for a Transformer show but most feel it works well.

Watch it. It will be worth your time :) 

3. Moonscream

Moonscream YES, We Exist, and We DON'T Want to Date You

News Credits:
    Hell Yes.

--Moony

4. Juggalo_Prime

Hmmmm, ok. If it sucks i blame you Recall hahaha. I'm kidding please don't take any offence *crosses fingers that you didn't take offence*

5. Recall

Recall Player Select

News Credits:
    haha of course no offense taken :D  I'll gladly take all blame :) 

6. IronicHide

IronicHide MEME GO HERE

Juggalo! First of all, welcome to the boards!
    Second, if your preferred Transformers world is G1 (over AEC, RiD, the movies or Beast Wars), then Animated could be right up your street. Lots of fanboy nods.

Yes, it looks like Ben 10 but the scripting is the best I've seen in a TF franchise (cartoons, comics or films) and some of the individual episodes are as good as a kid's adventure cartoon can get.

It's also got a story arc that starts from the first episode and continues to the last.

The only frustration, if you get in to it, is that some plotlines from that arc aren't resolved by the end of the last season. (Season 4 never got made.)

It really is a treat.

7. Digilaut

Digilaut Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Animated is not everybody's cup of tea, but I think right now it's my favorite series.

It has a different tone: it's mostly a superhero show with robots, so the events might feel less grand. It also might seem a bit kiddy, but it actually has some good themes and undertones...I find season 3 to be a great payoff once you've gone through the first two seasons and liked it.

Last edited: Jul 26, 2010
  8. Auto Morph

Auto Morph Gimmick Bot

Agree with most of what these guys said.

IMO Beast Wars is the best Transformers has to offer (and is also part of the G1 continuity) but Animated is as good as you are going to get for a full on G1 reimagining. It is funny and exciting and has a great style about it. I know a lot of people are on the fence about the visuals but I think they suit the overal themes of the show perfectly.

Of course, you should make up your own mind, but if you go into it without prejudice you should hopefully come out having thoroughly enjoyed yourself.

9. Juggalo_Prime

ok, lots of good comments have convinced me to watch it. anyone got a link to were i can see it free online? im a broke juggalo, all my money is for TF toys, faygo and icp concerts/cd's

10. CZ Hazard

CZ Hazard @DiabraveSid

News Credits:
    TFA is great, if "The Beast" is a cool idea done badly, then Animated is a bad idea executed AMAZINGLY.
    On paper: overly cartoony, Americanised anime overtones, very few robots early on, heavy focus on human characters, young potentially very annoying female protagonist, a young Prime etc...
    However they pulled it off in every way imaginable. Well written, funny, clever, lots of nods to multiple previous TF continuities, GREAT voice talent, character arcs, wants, needs, a realised fleshed out past, conspiracies, and as much as it pains me to say it, a lot of heart. Every character makes a journey of some kind, it is absolutely text book story-telling. I've met a lot of the guys who worked on the show and I've never met a group of people who loved their job more.

Plus the toys are so much fun.

11. Auto Morph

Auto Morph Gimmick Bot

Never thought of it that way, but that is a perfect summary.

12. guard convoy

guard convoy The Big Daddy

News Credits:
    animated is at least the greatest thing since beast wars, you have to be a brain dead idiot to hate animated

13. Recall

Recall Player Select

News Credits:
    If people don't like Animated that's there thing, don't bait them. Please :lol 

14. guard convoy

guard convoy The Big Daddy

News Credits:
    haha what can i do, it is the honest truth haha animated is one of the best transformer shows ever lol i have yet to find an argument that says otherwise

hating animated is hating animated shockwave, hating animated shockwave is hating all that is amazing

[​IMG]

15. MetroBub

MetroBub 49ers Fan

The only BAD thing about Animated........... Is it is over........
    "Nuff Said"

16. Juggalo_Prime

thanks for all the recomends, im watching this now. in thanks, heres a remix of the TF G1 theme done by slipknots DJ Starscream YouTube - Decepticon Remix

17. Bumblethumper

Bumblethumper old misery guts

News Credits:
    A note. While I really enjoyed the first season, some people have complaints about it (because of the human villains and limited number of tfs). Along the way, there's tantalising glimpses of things that may or may not become developed in later episodes. But it only gets better, and by season 3, it was as about as fully awesome as it is possible for a cartoon to be.

18. Maximo Prime

Maximo Prime Bassist of Ill Repute

Ebay:
    Hands down my favorite TF show. obviously there are some very close seconds, but Animated spoke to the TF fan in me, the comedy fan in me, the goof in me, just about everything.

It's not surprise most of my kitbash plans are Animated-centric.

19. AMG

AMG Old School

Enjoy the show, for me it's the best series since Beast Wars.

20. Spin-Out

Spin-Out Well-Known Member

Animated is what you would get if you mixed Gainax with Transformers. And that, my friend, is pure awesome! My only gripe is how choppy the animation could get. Other than that, it's the best TF show since Beast Wars, and exceeds it in some ways. Plus, the designs are great. As much as I'm singing its praises, TF Prime is gonna have a lotta work to do if it expects to be as good as BW and TFA :D