Omnigonix V-01 Spinout - MP Scaled Sunstreaker

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by daimchoc, Jun 19, 2014.

1. harrismonkey

harrismonkey Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    He is troubled, yes and he will take some TLC on your part (and it's a shame he's no longer on sale)- but I LOVE mine and very much recommend him.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Haydenite

Haydenite Ratchet Joints

Yes, that and the fact it is even stated in the translation the the bot windows fold out from under the roof.

It doesn't bother me at the least !! I own both Spinout and Sunsurge, and will be getting TT SS no doubt about it. Which is the best to me doesn't matter. All I care about is the fact I get to have so many different interpretations of one of my favorite characters !!!

• Like Like x 2
  3. luckyman76

luckyman76 Well-Known Member

I actually somewhat like the official but I probably will not get it because I still love Spinout for the exact reasons you mention. TT did go out of their way to do something similar to TigerBlade by taking the top half of Sunsurge and combining it with Spinout. They did a ton of work on the figure engineering wise to get it to work. I have been pissed at them lately and especially with that horrible MP-36 but they did a lot of work on MP-39.

I don't feel your points are really different then most collectors here. I think Masterpiece means definitive - not toon, toy, IDW, studio ox, or anything else. I think it anticipates imagination and taking cues from the entire canon of the character. No one medium works best all of the time and mixing and matching and imagination are necessary to achieve this standard. I prefer the IDW style for Overlord, Sixshot, Thunderwing, Bludgeon and parts of a few other characters but not for everything. I think toon is always going to be a major influence but it has obvious weaknesses that we know and anticipate with a drawn character from 30 years ago. Cell shading silver to white, purple to pink, burgundy to red, black to grey is not anime...its just wrong. The toy influence helps solve some of these issues for us as a backup of the creator's intention. We don't want pure toon with no details and all flat surfaces that completely destroy the realism the TT carbots brought. I think a Shadow Fisher modified Ironhide and Ratchet are the exception to that rule because that toy never existed and they nail the character. TT Inferno and Grapple are unacceptable to me. A ladder gimmick does not make up for the fact that it is essentially an oversize version of the G1 toy. I want a real fire truck. Simple toon might actually work with Sky Lynx and is working perfectly for Omega Supreme. Shockwave although too small looks wonderful in that style but not twinkletoes and jazz hands MP-36. Also, I greatly despise stickers for details, and overly carved and painted bots, aka TW style of BSF. Love the reviews but not the excess that drowns out the character.

As an aside, I hate that 3P cannot tampo on logos and wish that things like what jream are doing for the logos were more the norm. There are raised metal logos that also do the part well.

4. bad andy

bad andy Well-Known Member

As a kid watching G1 during its heyday, I always imagined the real bots and vehicles in reality - with proper detailing and more realistic looks. Even back then I could see the shortcuts animators had to take in order to produce the series. When the original masterpieces came out - I was extremely impressed, as what I had imagined in my head for so long had become a reality. When I first pulled MP12 from the box it was a holy shit moment. Awesome. To me, the animation was never the bible. Due to the meager animation, I always thought half the bots looked pretty stupid actually.

I can understand how many people feel differently and that's cool, whatever floats your boat. I'll admit it is impressive how current designers are achieving a look that is very true to the toon, it hits that mark and sense of nostalgia for a lot of people.

Since this should mention Spinout somewhere, I still dig mine. He's fixed up and looks great. He fits the prior masterpiece aesthetic and matches many of my other bots. Also, he looks dope from the back, can't say the same for the other streakers.

• Like Like x 4
  5. f-primusunicron

f-primusunicron i just wanna be loved

News Credits:
    i love my rodimus and roadrage and this sunstreaker maybe will look great next to them, but i still want more details, also, yeah, now they need to redo entirely optimus, starscream, and many others, to match the current bland(i mena the lack of details not actually being bad or boring) toon aesthetics

i got roadrage and rodimus pretty cheap though maybe that contributed a bit , and i like them for what they are not what they want to be, but i would still love (and now that wont happen) more detailed figures,

6. 26_Mirage

26_Mirage Heroic Stunticon

I'll be doing the same if I can find him for a decent price.

7. Sportimus

Sportimus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Is Omnigonix no longer in existence as of now? Spinout was their premier product and after that, nothing.

8. Chareos

Chareos needs new Omnibots

News Credits:
    Hannibal, B.A. Baracus, Faceman, and Howlin' Mad Murdock?

• Like Like x 1
  9. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The actual designer's still out there, somewhere. But as a brand, it's pretty dead. Even if Spinout was financially successful (which it probably wasn't), the designer wants nothing to do with it anymore after having gotten dicked over on the production side of things.

10. Printformers

Printformers Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Some of my Comparisons

17991074_1637452059616290_8978246867605214118_n.jpg PSX_20160517_205655.jpg sssaaaa.JPG 16836630_1566591706702326_4858968393885129496_o.jpg 17991074_1637452059616290_8978246867605214118_n.jpg

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 11
  11. Optional Prime

Optional Prime Cereal Killer

Such a pity this fantastic design didn't get the production it deserved.

If they re-did the figure, but with proper fit-n-finish, high-grade materials and quality control this time, I'd be on board in an instant.

• Like Like x 3
  12. Chareos

News Credits:
    Yeah, this guy is really the best match for MP Sideswipe. I ordered your chest lock pieces, Printformers

• Like Like x 1
  13. Toolala

Toolala Breast Master

The more pictures I see of the other Sunstreakers the more I wish this thing didn't turn out to be so bad. I don't like Faux parts, at all, but on MPs I find them downright offensive. that is not even talking about how poorly detailed the real MP is, and the head being just awful.
    welp, looks like my best bet is getting the G1 toy :rolleyes: 

• Like Like x 2
  14. alex1984

alex1984 Well-Known Member

Agreed, it's disheartening how much MP-39 looks like BC Sunsurge, I was hoping it'd be closer to Omni's design. The manufacturing was bad, but the aesthetics kinda makes up for it.

• Like Like x 1
  15. John ofthe Dead

John ofthe Dead Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    What baffles me is that, despite so many people reporting QC issues out of the box, stores aren't offering discounts. BBTS still has it at the full $95 MSRP. TF Source had a weekend sale, as I recall, but that's it. It seems like they'd want to clear out some space. At half price, I'd get 3 more to customize into Diaclone versions (plus one as a potential parts donor, just in case).

16. G.I.EDDIE

G.I.EDDIE Purple treads suck!

News Credits:
    Knowing that there aren't anymore runs of this figure coming, they know they can sit on it at full price and wait for desperate buyers, especially since the official has been released and the "wait n see" customers can now make a fully informed decision.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Chareos

News Credits:
    As a wait-and-see customer I put SO now in my roller's stash at The Chosen Prime at $69.99. $16 for Printformers chest lock and I'll be done with Sunstreaker.

18. Sportimus

Sportimus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I feel the same way. I wish a 3P company like FansToys or MakeToys would hire the designer and give him the ability to create it as he intended.

I'm not a fan of faux parts either. I get a lot of negative replies from some other members here who jump on me for saying that. But the fact is, it's not impossible to find a way to use the ACTUAL roof and windshield of the car for the chest/torso. Omni was on the right track, and with more R&D time and refinement, Spinout would have been fantastic.

As much as I love BadCube's Sunsurge (and I do love it), I also wish TT had taken the time and gone in the direction you stated. TT has the resources and cash flow to do it, and they've certainly had plenty of time to work out all the details. Instead, they took a shortcut. I don't mind MP-39 as it is, but I wish they had had done better because we all know they can.

This has baffled me as well. Even on eBay, I haven't found one of less than $90 the last time I checked. BBTS is clearing out their TFC combiners at about half off, and yet they're sitting with pallets of Spinouts.

• Like Like x 2
  19. Toolala

Toolala Breast Master

A toy can look as pretty as possible,but if its not solid or fun to play with then its just not for me.

• Like Like x 1
  20. G.I.EDDIE

G.I.EDDIE Purple treads suck!

News Credits:
    I know you were being hyperbolic, but I checked anyway and they have 24 in stock. I don't see them going anywhere fast for $95.