Omnigonix V-01 Spinout - MP Scaled Sunstreaker

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by daimchoc, Jun 19, 2014.

1. Marto6

Marto6 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I will make up a fresh set of decals for you Tcracker and have them ready.

2. TCracker

TCracker R.I.P., 5/2019 Veteran

News Credits:
    Yesss......PM me the usual payment method

3. Rotorstorm

Rotorstorm Wreck n’ rule

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Ok. Got the shapeways fix pack and the chest lock on the way.

Could someone take a picture of the rear of the fron wheels please?

Mine came without any so I'm trying to modify some from a KO Red Alert and could do with seeing how the wheels look for making a similar attachment for the custom build.

4. dbae14

dbae14 Special Ops

Here are some crappy phone pics. The assembly has 3 parts, wheel, bracket, screw.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  5. Treadshot 2.0

Treadshot 2.0 Action Master

News Credits:
    I must say I admire the Spinout community but it's honestly very weird to see so much dedication to such a bad toy. It's the ONLY TF I own that I REFUSE to display in robot mode because it's just that much of a POS. You guys spend more than the toy itself cost to try to get it right.

But that's the beauty and the joy of toy collecting... whatever makes you happy is a win!

• Like Like x 1
  6. SharkyMcShark

SharkyMcShark Hi. I'm better than you

News Credits:
    I think the dedication and number of mods and aftermarket stuff speaks to a desperate desire among fans for a Masterpiece scaled Sunstreaker and suggests that this hasn't been sated by the available alternative.

• Like Like x 4
  7. Pitt

Pitt Well-Known Member

Or that it's cheaper to mod a figure you have than to buy a second one. Plus, a lot of fans like the idea of modding their figures. It gives a certain sense of accomplishment.

• Like Like x 1
  8. bigsteve03

bigsteve03 Well-Known Member

The only mod that most people need to make it great is a $16 piece, which is much less than the $50 asking price you can get him for, and at $66 he's still cheaper than other MP cars. That's the great thing about ignorance I guess... its bliss.

• Like Like x 1
  9. SuperMegaAutobot

SuperMegaAutobot Well-Known Member

If a figure mostly fits your minds-eye vision of what you want, money spent on mods won't really matter if it achieves your goal. You could even argue the extra money/effort makes it even more significant, as you pushed it over the finish line.

Im a sunsurge owner and don't care overall for spinout but can see why others do. Let spinout folks enjoy their stuff, noone is going to be converted by 'quality' arguments at this point.

• Like Like x 4
  10. dbae14

dbae14 Special Ops

I admire the dedication of those that don't like this figure, see the thread bumped, crawl out from under their bridge to call it a POS and pat themselves on the back for being witty. Wait, no I don't.

FYI, I've bought a set of labels, and used other items I already owned, like superglue to thicken joints and posts, Bondic to make torso locks, paint, and tools for drilling, cutting and sanding. So, because the figure was discounted, I've spent less than the Sunstreaker alternative and have (two) functional figure(s) that I prefer. Pitt has it right, I've enjoyed figuring out the fixes needed and implementing them. Whatever is wrong with Spinout's production quality is fixable, though I understand those incapable or unwilling to work on a figure.

But thanks for jumping in to take a crap on those of us trying to help others fix and enjoy our hobby and figure of choice. Your contribution is appreciated.

• Like Like x 5
  11. XOC2008

XOC2008 Wait! I still function!

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Shhh, @dbae14. You're only making sense, and you know they can't stand that. They are more comfortable with their own bad purchase if they can find clever ways to call us and our decisions stupid.

• Like Like x 1
  12. mcart

mcart I'm not fat, it's Prime Armor

News Credits:
    LMAO, well said!

It's been said before by others but I'll say it again, no one is buying this right now without knowing exactly what they're in for. They have made the decision that with the parts and the work needed to do to fix him up that this is what they want.

You may not be of the same opinion, like myself, but there's no need to insult those who do like feel that way. It's their choice and if they are happy with it, great. This figure existing has no impact on anyone's collection unless they buy it.

• Like Like x 1
  13. agestate

agestate Member

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Hello all, I'm new here and a big fan of Spinout. I love the clean but more bulky robot look on him. I'm interested in improving his chest to neck lock because that's the only flaw on mine. So do I need Shapeways parts, Marcin's chest lock, or both? Also are the parts still available for purchase somewhere? Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

14. ServO

ServO Seeker (I look for stuff) Super Mod

News Credits:
    Hey!

I did Marcin's chest lock, and got some awesome stickers from @Marto6
    There's other mods you can do with this guy, but those two put my figure in a good place for my display.

15. agestate

agestate Member

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Thanks ServO! Is Marcin's chest lock still available for purchase? If so, can you point me in the right direction to get it?

16. G.I.EDDIE

G.I.EDDIE Purple treads suck!

News Credits:
    Yeah, his chest lock is sufficient on it's own unless you want the added articulation the shapeways pieces offer for the shoulders.

I'd also suggest notching the back of the thighs to gain some much needed clearance for better rotation of the legs.

IMG_0020.jpg IMG_0024.jpg IMG_0023.jpg

17. Sportimus

Sportimus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I like the direction they were going with Spinout. In fact, before Spinout officially came out, I had it preordered for ages. Then came Sunsurge, and I still supported Spinout. And when Spinout finally came out, it was a steaming pile of horse poop. Omniginix had the arrogance to spit out such a junk transformer and ask nearly $100 for it! Retailers realized real fast that this was a junk pile, so you can't blame them for marking it down. They don't want pallets of them taking up room in their warehouse for eons. Spinout is a complete failure, with parts falling off just by touching it. They couldn't even attach the wheels properly to where they don't fall off by simply picking it up. Not to mention the thing doesn't even roll. You drag it along as there is no ground clearance. And apparently they couldn't even decide on one shade of yellow as every panel varies, making look even more of a pile of junk scrap.

I find this terribly upsetting and unforgivable!!! They have been working on this thing for about TWO YEARS. You'd think they'd come up with something with better results than what we got? I do. I expected a decent 3P Sunstreaker. I WANTED this thing to be awesome! I would have been happy with at least pretty good. Instead we got something that people need to fix if they can, or have to live with all of its many issues. I will never forgive Omni for this thing. Never. I really wanted to like this thing. They were valiant in going with the direction of using the true roof and windshield as the chest. They had some great ideas for Spinout. And then they screwed it all up. My favorite character, too! Sun streaker was my first Transformer ever. I was thrilled to see someone making an MP version of him as Takara doesn't seem to give two poops about it.

If anyone likes this thing, and I mean truly likes it, I am sincerely happy for you! Truly. But I find this thing heartbreaking for me as they let me down. Omni did not do the character or their MP any justice. Would I buy one? I would if it was $40 and was something I can easily fix. By why should I have to fix what was supposed to be a MASTERPIECE? It's not a masterpiece if you have to fix it or live with such immense design flaws. Spinout would have been amazing if they had only put in more engineering, quality, and care into it. Spinout looks so damn cool to me, but I just don't know after that. :/

Again, please, I'm not trying to hurt anyone's feeling here. If you like it, great. There are things I like that people hate, so I know how it feels. I'm just stating how I feel about this thing. I don't hate it for the sake of hating it. I don't hate it at all. I'm upset more about who badly Omni mishandled this product so badly when that didn't have to happen at all. But again, if you like it, then I am happy for you. As long as anyone who gets this thing and knows what they're getting and are willing to accept it, fantastic. I'm still waiting for my perfect MP Sunstreaker from somebody. TT or 3P, I don't care. I was hoping Spinout would have been the one. Sunsurge fills that role pretty well at least.

Last edited: Apr 29, 2017
  18. SpectrumBelle

SpectrumBelle blorp.

Uh.... Okay?

• Like Like x 3
  19. Sportimus

Sportimus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Sorry. I just had to get it off my chest. I try not to be so hard of things, but I just had high hopes for it and like others waited a long time for its release. All that build up and then, well, you know. I do find it interesting and cool that people are finding creative ways in improving him. That is cool!

20. nacho

nacho Well-Known Member

I don't think you'll find anyone here that disagrees with you per se. We all were disappointed with the factory corner-cutting and nonsense that kept this figure from being all that was promised out of the box. And we all agree that you shouldn't HAVE to fix a figure such as this. No argument there.

BUT, that's not where we are. That's not the reality of the situation, and no amount of wishing/complaining will change it. This thing has been out for a long time, and the vast majority of people in this thread have moved well beyond the "upset" phase and are solidly in the "just do what you gotta do" phase. If that means fixing him up to get him closer to his full potential, then that's the road many of us have chosen to go down. Others have chosen the alternative figure that many of us find comically unacceptable looks-wise. Others have chosen to do without. None of those choices are wrong.

I do lots of things in life that I *shouldn't* have to do, but I do them because the end result is worth it to me. This was one of them... and it wasn't a big deal. I built my own house, and THAT was work. I run my own business, and THAT's work. Removing a few screws from a plastic robot... NOT so much work. The people who do the most complaining either haven't tried, don't own a screwdriver and dremel tool, or just don't care enough... in which case, I have little sympathy.

• Like Like x 6