Omnigonix V-01 Spinout - MP Scaled Sunstreaker

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by daimchoc, Jun 19, 2014.

1. Pitt

Pitt Well-Known Member

Are you confusing me with the guy who was actually trashing SO, or talking about SS? Because that wasn't me. I'm just commenting on the whole "if you're not going to praise what we like don't come in here" attitude that some people espouse in this thread. It's childish, and this thread is the only one where I consistently encounter it. If you want to discuss how great SO is without having to hear a single dissenting opinion, you can PM people. This is a public forum and you can't expect to be sheltered from opinions other than yours, as long as people are being respectful (and there's the ignore feature for those who aren't). Stop telling people where they're allowed to talk.

• Like Like x 1
  2. dbae14

dbae14 Special Ops

Fence-straddling, peace-making, and/or dissenting opinion are not allowed here, fascist. Comply, GTFO or we'll riot and burn this MF-er to the ground. - UC Berkley "students and faculty" for "peaceful demonstration".

Your free speech offends me, so STFU.

For those not in the know, blue text indicates sarcasm...

• Like Like x 2
  3. G.I.EDDIE

G.I.EDDIE Purple treads suck!

News Credits:
    I think you may be confusing things. At least in regards to my comment., if it's even in contention.

The SS white knight couldn't stand to hear any negativity about SS. If he can't, he should go to the SS thread, because no one is bashing him there (not that anyone is really going to town on him here). And no SO fan is going there and bashing SS. It only seems to be that SS fans feel need to come here and defend SS/bash SO for some inexplicable reason. If SS fans are such big SS fans, and think that SO is such a heaping pile of garbage, why in the heck do they feel the need to come here at all? Good question, isn't it? I loath sports, I don't go to games or sports bars. That'd be moronic of me. I certainly don't tell sports fans they're sport of choice is stupid. That'd be rather dickish of me.

I mean, these toys have both been out for a while now. The need for any of us to go to the opposing thread and troll it is kinda silly and childish, don't ya think? At this point "if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all" seems very applicable.

• Like Like x 2
  4. GR1ML0CK

GR1ML0CK Dinobot Commander

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    :popcorn 

5. Pitt

Pitt Well-Known Member

I wasn't referring to your comment, just the general vibe in this thread sometimes. It irks me when people start telling others they're not welcome in threads, and that's something I see more here than in others (could happen in the SS thread as well, but I haven't seen that one active in a while). An imaginary line tends to get drawn by some where you're either a fan of SO or a fan of SS, and if you have a criticism of one, you're obviously a fan of the other and are just trolling. It's absurd.

If I said something to make you (or anyone else) think I was calling you out specifically, I apologize. Definitely wasn't my intent.

• Like Like x 1
  6. dbae14

dbae14 Special Ops

Agree with you. I don't think I've ever been in the Sunsurge thread, and certainly don't follow it, so they could be trashing SO all day and calling me personally all kinds of names and I'd never know. I generally don't follow the threads of toys I'm not interested in owning. Another example, I own Gewalt and don't follow the Ditka and (FT) threads. If I ever have interest in those, maybe I'll find out how badly Gewalt gets bashed over there.

• Like Like x 1
  7. G.I.EDDIE

News Credits:
    I'm the same way. I don't go to the threads of the figures I'm not interested in, at least not after I've seen the final finished product and know for certain that I have no interest. I certainly don't go back a year after said products release and state yet again why I don't like it. I'd have to ask myself why I was doing that and I would only be able to come to one conclusion...I'm a dick. I don't want to be one (at least not in that regard :D ), so I feel no need to go back. I had some initial interest in MT's Jazz. Once I saw the finished product, I "unwatched" the thread. I don't go back over and over and say I think it looks cheap. Those guys in there like it. I don't wanna be the turd in their punch bowl.

I don't know. I guess, clearly there's a different mentality out there that I just don't get.

No worries. It's hard to tell without a direct quote(s).

8. Kevin Iaquinto

Kevin Iaquinto 8 Strings Enthusiast

News Credits:
    I'm kinda looking for a semi-not shitty copy of spinout if anyone is willing to part with it for like $50. Figured I'd jump into the fire and see what it's all about.

9. XOC2008

XOC2008 Wait! I still function!

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Was someone here bashing Spinout in defense of Duckfeet McUrkelpants? For the lulz or are they seriously offended that we prefer one over the other? Opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one, Doesn't mean I wanna constantly hear yours going off about a figure that isn't in the title of this thread.

SpinOut's engineering is superior, in my opinion. The figure got the crap end of production, and we're all trying to make it the best it can be. Omni (the designer, not the company) went to great lengths to design and make available pieces to fix things like the chest locks and shoulders, and others have made stickers, neck fixes, etc. That's a lot of work for a "crap figure", no?

It's a great figure, it just needs a little love to get to where it needs to be.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Mega-Prime 316

Mega-Prime 316 Well-Known Member

Hey guys I just wanted to let you know that I got my replacement parts for the neck lock in parts from Marcin, and I highly recommend them! they really tighten things up in the chest area and make the figure pretty solid.

• Like Like x 1
  11. dbae14

dbae14 Special Ops

Now you've started some $#!t. I just got done spraying some of MT Downbeat's parts silver, because they come in swirly grey plastic instead of painted. But as you can assume from my avatar, I likes me some Jazz.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  12. G.I.EDDIE

News Credits:
    :lol 

I mentioned Jazz on purpose just for you. I saw him in your avatar when I responded to you. :D 

• Like Like x 1
  13. Marto6

Marto6 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Pitt, Sorry man, I quoted you instead of the other person. Missed that I guess...sorry, my bad. But, He if free to read my post and reflect on it.

responding to what you have said.. We don't need the figure we chose to be praised at all.. We just prefer to not hear how bad it is.. blown out of proportion every time the thread bumps up to the front page of the feedback forums... I understand it is a public forum...So is the Sun surge thread....as an adult, I respect their choice...and I don't go looking to make drama waves in their thread...or pick a fight as it could be seen.. with people I don't know by insult their choice. instead I talk with people in this thread as we can relate on the figure and discuss it. I Didn't say you could talk here... just realize how people may respond when you do. So please accept a apology from me about this subject... as I intend to move on from it and try to enjoy the thread once again. thanks

14. Pitt

Pitt Well-Known Member

No worries. As I said in a subsequent post, mine wasn't really directed at anyone in particular. But I realize that by quoting you that's exactly what it seemed like, and for that I'm sorry. I was just using your post as a jumping off point to discuss something I've seen recently in this thread whenever it gets bumped. I didn't mean to imply that everyone in this thread is guilty of it, or that others in different threads don't do the same. I agree it's time to move on. Sorry again for the detour.

15. Grunt03

Grunt03 Well-Known Member

Nobody is causing trouble. If you like Spinout, that's fine. Why is it you guys gotta take shots at Sunsurge but get upset when someone calls you oUT on the bs.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Grunt03

I
    I'miss not trying to change minds. You guys don't like anybody mention the S.O in a negative manner but feel it's OK to make smart remarks about Sunsurge when you feel like it.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Grunt03

S
    Stop lying to yourself about Spinout.
    Your little smart remark is exactly what I'm talking about.

18. Grunt03

Good for you ! Don't like people bashing Spinout, don't bash Sunsurge.

19. Johntimus Prime

Johntimus Prime Where's my perfect Legends-scale Ultra Magnus?

News Credits:
    I almost feel the same way. Though I think TFS ran a discount on him for a bit, you can also try Junkion, see if someone bites.

I wonder if more time in the oven would have led to a better figure. First to market doesn't mean everything -- as has been proven in the past -- even with 3P toys. As nice as Tyrant was, a lot of people ditched theirs when Sovereign was on the horizon. I think this could have wound up rivaling SunSurge, if only time had been taken to tweak the problem areas and beef up the QC.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Kevin Iaquinto

Kevin Iaquinto 8 Strings Enthusiast

News Credits:
    I owned Sunsurge and sold him after a little bit. It was a great figure and looked very nice, but it's major flaw was that nothing else looks like him. There are very few 3p figs that I HAVE to get at launch, I like to wait and see all options. Picking a Springer has become a chore... Picking a Skyfire however :rolleyes: . It's a shame Spinout was a flop, so much potential.