Omnibot triple changers?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Lumpy, Mar 21, 2007.

1. Lumpy

Lumpy Taylor Swift Actionmaster Super Mod

News Credits:
    so, i was here and it says that they were triple changers, along with tracks and perceptor....WTF....now, i know anyone can edit that, but is there any truth to this at all? i know tracks has wings, but i never thought of him as a triple changer, and perceptor too? what does he have? a fan made tank mode? thats all i could think of...and i also know the omnibots have an attack mode, but that doesnt make one a triple changer, at least in my opinion....

2. MECHADOOM

MECHADOOM I'm Doombot and I know it

Personally, when I think of the Omnibots "third mode" I tend to think of it as an AUGMENTATION of the vehicle mode, only transforming portions to gain access to weaponry, flight for automobiles, mobillity at all(Perceptor), etc. When viewing it this way I'd have to say that they are more like a James Bond type spy vehicle, than a true Tripple-changer.

3. Chosen

Chosen Space Ninja

Perceptor has an actual tank mode, not just a fan-made one. It wasn't brought up as a TF feature because it was designed to work with Microman figures.

4. RandomFerret

RandomFerret Fuzzy Forever

News Credits:
    The perceptor tank mode is NOT fan-made. It's in the original microchange instruction manual.

Seriously, why do you think he had treads and wheels that pop out?

EDIT: EVERYBODY JUMP ON LUNPY!

5. Switchblade

Switchblade Just a raggedy man

News Credits:
    I wouldn't consider them true triple changers. A triple changer has three unique modes, the omnibots have two unique modes and a vehicular attack mode. That doesn't make them triple changers anymore than sticking the headmasters' or targetmasters' guns onto their vehicle modes make them triple changers.

6. Lumpy

News Credits:
    lunpy? is he back again....i hate that guy....

but anyway, ive never seen the microchange instructions...i always thought it was odd that he had tank treads...but never really questioned it....

7. ams

ams Generation All Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    That's pretty much the way I always saw it on the Omnibots, more of a "battle mode". Calling it a third mode... eh, I guess so - it's certainly no more ridiculous than the Transmetal vehicle modes.

As far as Perceptor goes, yeah the tank mode is the real deal. I mean, he's got tank treads molded into his body. Most microscopes don't need those these days.
    :) 

I think when Magnificus and Gamede came out, there were some pics of him in tank mode with Gamede riding.

8. WhiteMocha

WhiteMocha TFW2005 Supporter

Perceptor is legitimately a triple-changer, even though he wasn't marketed as one. But as for Tracks and the Omnibots.... that's a bit of a stretch. The Transformers franchise has always used the term "triplechanger" to refer to a figure that has three distinct, completely different modes. I don't think a more-heavily-armed version of the vehicle mode counts as a separate, third mode. Otherwise pretty much all the Cybertron figures would count as triplechangers!

9. Foster

Foster Super Mod

News Credits:
    They were maybe 2-and-a-half changers, but even this was unprecedented in the 84-85 cars. But Jetfire has more of a third mode and there's no mention of him.

10. Smasher

Smasher HUNKY BEATS

News Credits:
    Under this logic, then all of the IDW Comics Autobots are Triple Changers.
    They have fenders and headlights that fold back to reveal guns.

Does anyone on this board have editing privelages on the Wiki?

11. NeilJam

NeilJam Resident Audiophile

I agree with Perceptor being counted as a triple changer, but not the rest. The third mode for Tracks & the Omnibots are just Attack Modes and should not be considered another transformation.

Tracks and Overdrive have wings in this mode, but do not transform into planes. Camshaft and Downshift just have parts that flip open with places to attach weapons. In this attack mode they are all still basically cars, just modified with things not normally attached to cars.

12. godsenddeath

godsenddeath . TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:

He pretty much hit the nail on the head, in Diaclone they were called Double Changers. I guess it could be argued that Tracks could be labeled a Double Changer too ..

13. Nevermore

Nevermore It's self-perpetuating a parahumanoidarianised!

News Credits:
    Considering anyone can edit it, it's really personal interpretation. Neither of them has ever been officially identified as a Triple Changer anywhere, and if anyone claims that, he's lying.

14. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    I liken them more to the Transmetals with their third modes. They weren't triple changers either, they were the beast modes with parts rearranged. Same deal, really, except more in terms of the vehicle.

15. Fretburn

Fretburn We need Instrument TFs

I would think it's a fair bet to consider Tracks an Omnibot. But triple changer? Hardly. One robot, one vehicle, one slightly modified vehicle. That's all. I'd say any true multi changer has to have several distinct modes.

16. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Sorcerer

News Credits:
    I concur; a modified version doesn't make it another mode. Heck, than every Energon Decepticon is a triple changer at least given their "hypermodes"!

Robot, Alt, battle alt absolutely but that isn't a triple changer without a distinct second alt mode.

17. DJ Soundwave

DJ Soundwave Action Figure Master

I don't consider them Triple Changers...... I mean if you're gonna call them that, you mine aswell add in Wheeljack, Tracks, Every Gestalt/ Combiner component, ..... just for starters.

18. 138 Scourge

138 Scourge WE R 138

But would Punch/Counterpunch count as a Triple Changer?

19. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    I would, since has has two distinct robot modes.

20. Lumpy

News Credits:
    ooh, good question...and yeah, i would count him as a triple changer too....there were a few towards the end of g1...ape face and someone else who were headmaster triple changers...and i think im forgetting a few as well....

and tracks as an omnibot is cool too...maybe ill set him up as the leader of the omnibots next time i setup g1....