Customs: OMG someone is claiming my work as there own WOW!

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by anovasinn, Dec 18, 2008.

1. dak

dak <b><font color=blue>I am DAK! The customizer!</fon

News Credits:
    make sure he gets that video

2. Nemesis Predaking

Nemesis Predaking Offical Enforcer WTF@TFW Veteran

News Credits:
    well guys I just found out some more interesting news
    I just got these msg's on my Youtube account

From mpatel1024 on Youtube

"i am really into gundam and he said that he customized a wing zero pg and it looked realy good but i got a message and it inked me to ebay site that was selling the same custom and all the details were exactly the same"

this is the link some guy sent me and just to let you know this gundam model is the best grade a perfect grade and cost around 200 dollers
    cmerkissy
    protomanv2
    protomanv2
    He never painted the gundam.
    he bought that painted wing zero off of ebay.
    He should of at least let his audience know that someone else did it.
    I don't like that he is taking credit for someone else's work.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=160289271281

Customed Painted PG Wing Zero Custom
    thank you to all my subscribers and viewers. showing you my regular as well as a painted 1/60 PG wing zero Custom Model.
    (block user)
    (mark as spam)
    Reply Delete
    Nov 09, 2008"

ebay link no longer works.
    But if you look at PV2's feedback the item number match up
    http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&userid=protomanv2&ftab=AllFeedback&myworld=true&seeallfeedback=See%20All%20Feedback
    Well we knew he was lying scum, but he seems to be making alot of enemies.

3. plowking

plowking I'm with ErechOveraker. Veteran

News Credits:
    Nice video Anovasinn....its cool to see the face behind the cool customs too :D 

And man, not only is this guy lying about TF Customs, but he's doing it on Gundam stuff too?!....man, he really needs some help....

I'd be willing to bet that these are all attempts at cries for help....kid must be lonely or something....although that doesn't excuse what he's doing....but still, this is turning out to be sad.....

4. Rhinox555

Rhinox555 Insert clever joke here.

Someone should stick a jagged-metal pole up his-- err,tailpipe.

5. ErechOveraker

ErechOveraker I'm with Plowking.

News Credits:
    Yeah, that's my take on it. I almost feel like someone should invite him here and he can learn to actually customize stuff for himself, since he clearly wants everyone to believe he can already. It's like the "my Dad's in the FBI" kid we all went to school with, only now he videotapes himself for posterity.

But if he came here, we'd have to kill him first - break him down before we can build him back up ;) 

6. anovasinn

anovasinn THE PAINTS MUST FLOW!!!

well just so its on record he finally apologized like a week and half ago. i would post the apology but i rather this issue just die. also i would feel low if i did that. i will only say it was inadequate very late and admitted nothing more than claiming ignorance.

i also wanted to mention that a big positive thing came out of this incident i am now motivated to use youtube as a place to show my work in a diff light so to say , and yes i will not forget to post here first or at the same time :D 

7. Maximus_Prime

Maximus_Prime Graphicon

News Credits:
    wow I can't believe he was still doing that shit with the Gundam stuff too

Well I am glad he at least apologized to you

8. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    Well, guys, I know I've said this before, but I think it bares repeating that this sort of thing is always unfortunate. We have a wonderful invention with the Internet, but it's only wonderful when it's used properly. While some instances are a bit harder to discern, this instance is just absurd. I certainly hope that some resolution in the future works for both parties :) 

NP, I have to say that I loled watching your own response to everything. The line of logic you used and the way you used it is just plain funny. You're right: the whole customs community suffers when something like this is done.

That being said, Radicons need to take the high road on this. We know the right and wrong in this instance, and that's what we need to stick to. anovasinn ("an-o-VAS-un" I've always presumed?), this is your work, and I hope you can take all of the proper and necessary steps to protect your work. As for the rest of the Radicons, we certainly need to call out wrong-doing when we see it. While it's upsetting, we do need to refrain from name-calling and the like. I have to take a line from ErechOvertaker's post:

You'll note that I took out the "kill" portion of his post. Of course, I know ErechOvertaker is being funny and overstating a point to make it, but we're here to help others and build them up, even with something like this. protomanv2 is free, just like any other person who abides by the rules of this forum, to post. I certainly hope he does. I'd also piggy-back on pk's comment to say that it seems that there could be something more going on. I certainly hope that if there is, we can help in some way.

What I do think is obvious is that protomanv2 at the very least wanted some attention. I think we can all agree that there are a lot better ways to gain it. That being said, let's let anovasinn take care of his business, help in positive ways where we can, and not feed the trolls. :) 

On another note, I always chuckle a little bit when I read the "OMG, they're only toys" comments anywhere. Diminishing the subject material (whether it deserves it or not) does not diminish wrong-doing. I may not care about stamp-collecting, but I know there are people who do. Just because it's not my "thing", I can respect the interests of others as long as the interest isn't wrong-doing itself.

That being said, someone needs to take me to a buffet so I can pig out, because we all know overeating is ok.

9. ErechOveraker

ErechOveraker I'm with Plowking.

News Credits:
    Yeah - totally meant kill in the most non-lethal, harmless (painful) way possible ;) 

But yes, I do agree with the olive branch route - at least in theory. Can't hurt to try, worst thing happens is the kid keeps acting like a creep and gets banned, you know? At least we showed Radicons're bigger than stuff like this, which would just leave the ball in his court then.

SHRUG.

10. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    :lol  Yeah, I got ya, you knew what you were sayin', but sometimes I like to verbalize and/or write things out just so there is no confusion whatsoever. Sometimes logical assumptions don't work; I think this whole thread is proof of that.

In regards to the "olive branch", I'd say it's the aim, motivation, and practice of the Radicons. This is another reason those who have been featured in our monthly article have the spotlight on them in a very positive way: they continue serve the customs community with the right ways of how to do things. It's one thing to have the ability to create artwork well and do so; it's another thing to be remembered as one who does this and simultaneously treat others well.

11. Maximus_Prime

Maximus_Prime Graphicon

News Credits:
    well said SQ7

:) 

12. anovasinn

anovasinn THE PAINTS MUST FLOW!!!

yeah also he did not apologize until after i had subscribed to his video's (i did not know at the time it told the youtuber of subscriptions).

as far as the olive branch approach i agree however if this forum and my friends had not spanked him he would not have changed the video at all. and just blew me off like i did not matter. i did contact him before posting the thread and got some BS story of how he copied some random google picture.

also i was not expecting much to happen when i posted this thread at most a couple of nasty emails sent to him it blew my mind of the response it gained. what i realized is it had little to do with me but the principal behind it.

i agree with what others said it seems like a cry out for help i have been racking my brain trying to figure out what to say to him in response to his half hearted apology.however he did not seem to learn a lesson it looks like he is still doing it i think this time with a voltron repaint.

i think the only reason he did not remove the video is because it was getting massive hits.

protomanv2 is somewhat youtube famous he has allot of subscribers and tons of views. nothing like some ppl have but allot for a gundam/ various mecha youtuber. the best thing for me to do is try to do the same except for real

thanks again all
    ,you are awsome and made me feel wanted and accepted here on the forum. even though it was principals over my personality that caused the uproar