Customs: OMG someone is claiming my work as there own WOW!

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by anovasinn, Dec 18, 2008.

1. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:

I hope that in the real email, you spelled it "Radicons" instead of Raidicons :p 

2. dak

dak I am DAK! The customizer!

News Credits:
    yes.....

anyways here's his reply:

3. dak

News Credits:
    my reply:

There you go. But you got to see that this whole time you claimed it to be yours, saying you saw the pictures and you made it based on that, which we all knew was not true. Sure, you bought it, but you didn't make it, That's what the big deal is. It's like saying you made Animated Optimus.... when Clearly it was Hasbro. If you made changes to the character, then fine say that, but there was no need to first deny that it was not you who purchased the figure, and second say it was ALL you.

All that ANY artist asks for is credit for their work, not to have their stuff purchased and credited to someone who didn't make it.

4. dak

News Credits:
    and his response:

5. dak

News Credits:
    and my final reply (I took the non rip their head off approach):

Well I'm happy everything is fixed now. just get on that video edit. lol. Just remember when posting anything, be sure to credit the original maker whenever you can, cause if someone sees it, the events that have just happened could happen again. It's also just a general right to the artist to gain credit for their work wether it's in their hands or not. And not admitting to the mistake in the first place can only make the situation worse. But again, as an artist myself, I'm happy to see Credit given where needed.

6. plowking

plowking I'm with ErechOveraker. Veteran

News Credits:
    Coolies....now we wait and see if he follows thru on his word.

"Seems" like he has seen the error of his ways.

7. dak

News Credits:
    hopefully...

8. mineraljane

mineraljane Gravity Hugger

News Credits:
    Hm, it's still a bit irritating that he's attempting to pass this off as a simple misunderstanding. I mean, right away (it's even a comment on his own video) he asserted that he painted the figure and borrowed ideas from figures found through a search on Google.

He also flatly proclaimed that it wasn't his eBay account.

Both of those turned out to be, well, lies. Now he's saying that the whole time he meant for it to be a situation where he just further customized a figure which was already customized? That doesn't fit at all with the evidence.

Frankly, I don't think there was any malicious intent whatsoever on his part. He was probably just impressed with the work and wanted to further his e-credibility by posting that they were his own. It's actually a testament to the good work of the original artists.

However, by continuing even now to fabricate explanations for his behavior that essentially paint himself as the victim is absolutely without tact. The clarification on the video is a step, but we'll see if he follows through with the rest. Certainly it would've been more agreeable to see a complete apology acknowledging his lapse in judgment though, rather than his rather tepid retort to this issue.

Anyhow, nice work folks!

9. QmTablit

QmTablit BotBot in the what, I said BotBot in the what

What a loser...

Lol. Maybe I should make a video about my Octane's "riot shield" and go on for two minutes about how I customized it. *can't find the rolleyes*

10. seali_me

seali_me RIP January 2018

urban dictionary. he should open his comment box or better yet come here to post "his" work. :) 

11. tony77tony77

tony77tony77 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    what a douche bag. if noone had giving him shit about the video he would of never admitted he was wrong.

12. RodimusDawg

RodimusDawg Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I guess this is the best it going to get. He just doesn't have the balls to truly admit the he F%$ked up royally.

And yeah I bombarded his videos and informed a few of his friends and subscribers. Why not. A Liar is a liar and Should be treated a such.

One person thou (won't name names) gave me a nasty response and called TFW2005 an terrible website in the least and why the big whoop over a stupid toy. That to me shows he doesn't fully support his own fandom :lol  The jowly F%$k. I swear some people can't see past their own E-ego and are so high strung you know they just spend time sitting in front of the computer and are angry about how life and the world turned it back on them or feel it doesn't cater to them enough. /rant

Sorry but I've been to a lot of other TF website and TFW2005 is not only the most user friendly, welcoming community, most frequently posted Kitbashes, but is best informative overall. IMO. If this thread alone doesn't show the pure awesomeness that is a TF community I don't know what does. Hallelujah holy s@#7.......... where's the Tylenol?

13. Nemesis Predaking

Nemesis Predaking Offical Enforcer WTF@TFW Veteran

News Credits:
    F%^KING EH, DAK !!!!!
    Next time I have to deal with my wife's grandparents I'm sending you in my place.:lol 

I'm glad to see he has "seen" the error of his ways, with a MASSIVE amount of pushing.

Bet he never has the balls to do that again.
    But "Customizing" a Custom makes it his custom.
    If anyone here even remotely believes that pile.
    I've got some land in Big Hanks neck of the woods I'll sell dirt cheap.

14. seali_me

seali_me RIP January 2018

e-credibility? he's beyond a douche bag. he's like a 100 year smegma. ie. a huge helmet dale.

15. anovasinn

anovasinn THE PAINTS MUST FLOW!!!

this above disclaimer is still all BS there was no contract before i made this figure. in other words he gave no input on the design color scheme or any other aspect of what is there.

i want to personally thank you this jerk caught me with my pants down i have no enternet at my home right now so i have limited time to fight back maybe once or twice a week i can get online.

16. anovasinn

anovasinn THE PAINTS MUST FLOW!!!

also i want to thank everyone on here for having my back on this i had no doubt you would.

just so its clear it is NOT a copy of my work it is the actual buyer of the piece claiming it as his own.

like i said before i am not really mad however i do think he still needs to be cyber spanked :ev:  and thanks for helping with that guys

UPDATE

i just checked my youtube account and found this message.

"ok this bit of confusion that seems to be going around about the custom, i thought was already cleared up. i am almost done editing the video of me and my neighbor for when we made our custom so the final proof will be posted. now i will confirm that your custom was one of the three customes we used when making this figure. and to clear up any confusion i am not protomanv2 on ebay. i have had my ebay account long b4 youtube. after looking at the ebay page though i can already tell some major differences. i will say though we got the magnet idea guns,and axe from your figure. aswell as most of the paint scheme but not all. even if you do not believe this the video will be posted soon, sry to have offended you in thinking i was taking credit for something you made".

ok now i am officailly PI#$$% Off i am not a cross eyed monkey or mister magoo i know my own work i know a copy as opposed to the original. you don't spend 8hrs with something then mistake someone else's rendering gawd i just am speechless at this point WTF!!!!!:mad: mad:mad: mad:mad: mad

17. plowking

plowking I'm with ErechOveraker. Veteran

News Credits:
    Well, hopefully he sticks to his word and makes it right on his Youtube video....if not, he'll just keep getting emails until he cries.

Edit: I just sent him this email via the tube:

I thought you said you were going to take care of the video, and give proper credit to Anovasinn and GrimlockPrime, since they are the ones that created those customs you claimed to have made.

18. EvaUnit13

EvaUnit13 REBUILD

This guy is crap

19. Nemesis Predaking

Nemesis Predaking Offical Enforcer WTF@TFW Veteran

News Credits:
    Ok, I'm confused, granted I just woke up from 13hrs of sleep
    So now this guys is claiming again that this is not Anovasinn's & he not ProtomanV2 on ebay again ???

Seriously somebody out there has to have a video camera or webcam that can put together a good video
    with audio &video comments & pics as proof this guys is a lying sack of S#!T.

20. Sideways

Sideways Banned

I'd like to reach into my computer screen and slap the douchebag.
    hehe.