Minor/Repaint: OMG! Another Classic Thundercracker!

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by Bogatan, Aug 5, 2009.

1. Bogatan

Bogatan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'd resisted the urge to do one of these for two years, but then I was asked to make one. My first commission I suppose. While I was making a G1 toy coloured version I stumbled across a blue that I used for my Hyperdrive project and at some point realised it would make a great anime TC so made one up and give Autobot1000 a choice between toy and cartoon. He chose toy and left me with this one which I just finished after deciding to sell it. As its so rare for me to finish a custom I thought I 'd post some pics.

Actionmaster, G1 custom, Original, Anime custom and Botcon
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Full gallery here
    http://s94.photobucket.com/albums/l109/Natagob/custom/thundercracker/ebay TC/

Attached Files:

2. ShadowMagnus

ShadowMagnus Autobot

Twitter:
    YouTube:
    He really looks cartoon accurate IMO. Nice work! BTW how did you manage to paint the soft rubbery nosecone of those figures?

3. Bogatan

Bogatan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Cheers. As for the nose cones it was mostly ignorance and luck. All three had acrylic primer which stuck fairly well. Took a little longer to dry than on the hard plastic, but not by much.

AMTC was airbrushed acrylic and if I remember right it took a few layers with quite a long dry time but eventually worked out.

The G1 toy type used an enamel spray and was a frickin nightmare. The first coat took about a month to dry and looked awful but the second coat dried quicker and looked ok.

For the anime one I initially forgot it was meant to be black and used the same blue as the body which is a quick drying car body spray. That went on quite well, but was tacky and got messed, then when I remembered black I just used another car spray and there was was so much paint on by then it dried in about 3 minutes.