Omega Supreme

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by thenatureboywoo, Jan 27, 2010.

1. MisfitRobot

MisfitRobot Robot Fighter

News Credits:
    I feel the same way and hasbro bow it, on that big Optimus Prime.

2. a-town

a-town Well-Known Member

im really hoping we can have OS now. WfC is an opportunity to make him

3. Cyber-Kun

Cyber-Kun UNLEASHED!

News Credits:
    While I agree that the Supreme Ani. Prime was pure trash, just about every single supreme sized toy since Armada Unicron has become a shelfwarmer, (Unicron, Primus, Starscream, SW Darth Vader), Omega Supreme) its just not a feasible market for children (which is the primary market) as opposed to deluxes or voyagers.

4. MisfitRobot

MisfitRobot Robot Fighter

News Credits:
    I agree

5. IronicHide

IronicHide MEME GO HERE

Every time I saw the Supreme TFA OP and ROTF Devastator a little bit of me winced at Hasbro's decision-making.

Got to agree with Cyber-Kun's realism, though. Kids are the primary market, and the kids want Optimus and Bumblebee right now.

Doesn't stop me typing, for free, on a TF board, that I want a leader-class Blackout or supreme-class Omega.

Actually, I want Sky-Linx, ultra-class or bigger.

6. U.Magnus80

U.Magnus80 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I would love to ge a modern interpretation Omega. Animated made him incredibly bad ass. I agree that we probably won't get it, but I can dream.

7. grimlock1972

grimlock1972 Optimus, serving up the primest of ribs since 1984

News Credits:
    its more the price point than the figures themselves but id hate to see a supreme class figure done on a voyager budget or worse a deluxe budget ( if they would even be possible) id be fine with it if they dropped the electronic gimmicks from the larger figure classes and used the money to improve the figures or just lower the price by that much

8. QmTablit

QmTablit BotBot in the what, I said BotBot in the what

No... it didn't. Animated Arcee =/= G1 Arcee, or even "Classics" Arcee.

Bitching about it ultimately gets you nowhere, the Binaltech/Alternator line is still dead, and I don't see BW 2nd Unicron anywhere on the shelves. Hasbro is ultimately about their bottom line- making top dollar. And so far they've held on to the thought that larger figures need to sell to kids. And while some do, like Voyagers and even Ultras, the Supreme class at the $50 price point really needs to change it's aim. Parents don't just go and buy their kids $50 toys. Do I think they could have gone elsewhere than Roll Out Prime? Of course. Doesn't mean that they will, necessarily.

And don't make suppositions like "they made Arcee, they should make us this." Arcee is a toy being produced from a discontinued line and a cancelled cartoon. You should feel lucky this toy even got produced, and Toys R Us agreed to sell it exclusively. It could just as easily have fallen under the Arcee toy curse.

9. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    I agree, since we really need an Omega Toy. They skipped the Animated one and now we have War for Cybertron? They can't keep throwing OS at us knowing how much we want him. I'm sure Hasbro will release one either Leader or another larger-than-average class.

10. Cyber-Kun

Cyber-Kun UNLEASHED!

News Credits:
    To be honest, I feel that almost ALL figures with electronics made in the past 5 years would have been 1000% times better without them.

11. Feralstorm

Feralstorm Good Morning, Weather Hackers! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    So does that mean you'd (hypotheticaly) buy any that (hypotheticaly) don't sell? A guarantee is a guarantee, after all. :) 

12. AMG

AMG Old School

I just don't see Hasbro making one ever again, at least not any larger than leader class. To be honest I would love to see them make a leader class Omega, preferably Animated Omega.

13. Backscatter

Backscatter Autobot Brainmaster TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I'd so love to see an Animated Omega Supreme. My dream? Big enough to be compatable with Animated Activators.

14. Necrophon

Necrophon Speaker of Death TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    I think we might see another one someday, and I agree with those clamouring for an Animated OS. However I think that the most likely way to see OS again will be if Michael Bay uses the character in a movie. Then they'll have to make one, even though it would probably look terrible IMHO.

15. Prime's Pappa

Prime's Pappa Animated Forever

I think that Devestator disaster will make hasbro very leary of releasing another expensive large figure that no one will buy...It was so poorly done and so costly no one wanted it and the supreme prime for animated did not doe well either...which is a shame because i belive if they had done an Animated Omega it would have selled well if designed well and marketed well, which animated was never done anyways...I think the bigger figs may be a thing of the past which is a shame

16. TechNoMad

TechNoMad Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    True. This makes me die a little on the inside, because now I could have afforded to buy them.

17. Cyber-Kun

Cyber-Kun UNLEASHED!

News Credits:
    that's exactly what I thought :(