Omega Supreme

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Asher Tye, May 19, 2017.

1. Asher Tye

Asher Tye Cassetticon

Ebay:
    YouTube:
    Pinterest:
    So I just recently got my hands on a g1 Omega Supreme nearly complete except for its small leg shields. The motor even works and the tank part can putter around the base track with a swiveling cannon and lights. Unfortunely, while trying to transform it, one of the little drums inside the tank tread that allows him to walk in robot mode broke off. He still stands and he still motors around the track, but obviously he's not walking any time soon.

I'm wondering if this is a break that can be fixed without too much trouble, or if I'd be better off just calling it a wash and letting him stay put as a still robot? I still have all the pieces that broke, but if he's that brittle, I'm not sure I want to try unscrewing or wedging anything in to attempt to fix him. Especially since the cylinder has a little loose bit that need to stay loose to facilitate the transformation and the walking.

2. Chillyn

Chillyn Resist

Ahhh shitty man. Yea, transforming those g1s is always a bravery test. You might be able to find a loose/cheap omega on ebay you can salvage the part from

3. TFXProtector

TFXProtector Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I haven't looked in a while, but I know at one point this problem was prevalent to the point that fans were making molds and reproducing copies to replace those drums. Might want to ask someone with a 3D printer to help. I'd imagine it'd be quite easy to replicate it using one of those.

4. Smitty.1981

Smitty.1981 Mr. SMIÞ

News Credits:
    Some pictures would help.

5. Asher Tye

Asher Tye Cassetticon

Ebay:
    YouTube:
    Pinterest:
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

Okay, well, there's the parts that fell off, and the second picture is the other side for comparison.

6. barrelks

barrelks Captain Funtastic

News Credits:
    I can't remember what part of that Mech broke on mine that I repaired a few years ago, but I was able to glue something in that area and it works fine. Surprised my OCD hasn't driven me to track down a replacement yet.

7. solarstorm

solarstorm Well-Known Member

Hard to see the full attachment in the pic, but if the peg snapping is your issue, a small screw whose head is similar in circumference would work fine for moving the mechanism.

You could also drill a hole the size of the peg and buy a pvc rod of the same size. Insert into hole and seal with epoxy

• Like Like x 2
  8. Smitty.1981

Smitty.1981 Mr. SMIÞ

News Credits:
    Is it possible to take him apart? If so start by doing that and pulling out the broken part. Then repair it like @solarstorm suggested.