Heavy/Scratch: Omega Supreme WIP

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by solarstorm, Jun 24, 2012.

1. solarstorm

solarstorm Well-Known Member

After admiring Scottstream and Uuser's beautiful Omega Supreme's made from altering the Energon figure, I began to work on my own.

This is my first major build. My previous customs were less kitbashing and more painting.

I created a base mode somewhat along the lines of other well-known Omega customs. Since I'm using the G1 rocket, the blue/ship side of Omega had to be worked in as a landing pad/gunnery defense.

Omega's backpack is the tank for base mode and the connection for the wing-like structures in robot mode. The head is on a balljoint and pops onto the tank to serve as the classic turret.

Some pics are with the rocket support from Countdown. I want to use it for base mode, but there's no use for it in robot mode. I have pics of the base with and without it. It can transform into a platform, but it's pointless when everything else becomes the robot.

I'm almost done with the physical stuff and will be painting it a few days after my trip (we're leaving for 5 days later this morning). I still need to fix the satellite in tighter for base mode and find something to fill the gap on the construction shoulder, as the junker I used did not have the cockpit.

Base Mode -
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Robot Mode
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    With platform/tower
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

2. Joey_Santana

Joey_Santana Shockwave fanboy

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Great start bro, the proportions are perfect. I'm about to start a project like this as well. Currently waiting for the parts.

3. Pyps

Pyps Germany´s Customizer

Looks very Good:) 

4. Swaldem

Swaldem Well-Known Member

NIce

5. Grimlocka go-go

Grimlocka go-go Back from the Dead TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Lookin very good. Robot mode has best of both worlds, asthetic and articulation. :thumb 

6. Spyne98

Spyne98 Host of the Rock Nerd Radio Show

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Looks pretty awesome so far!

7. Mega-Prime 316

Mega-Prime 316 Well-Known Member

Very nice start on this figure! :)  I've done a version of Omega myself and I know it can be a challenge and fun all at the same time.

8. wheeljack2010

wheeljack2010 Constructicon

Looks good man. I never really liked the unicron parts on his back like that though -it always make me think he looks like a giant beetle bug or something. The asymetry doesn't really give it a G1 feel, but puts it in a unique category all its own closer to the original Energon build though. Neat little tank guy also, though I don't care for the cut barrel tip like that.

9. todzilla85

todzilla85 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    looks pretty good in robot mode for a g1/energon mixup, but as far as the alt mode. something just doesnt look right, it seems very spread out and doesnt really come together, i think getting rid of some of the loose parts and tightening up the tank mode would make it that much better.