Minor/Repaint: Omega Supreme WIP

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by wheeljack2010, Jun 16, 2012.

1. wheeljack2010

wheeljack2010 Constructicon

Still a work in progress, but coming along nicely. Should have him done in a few weeks now. Size is about 20" to top of head, 23" to top of tracks. Built him so he still come apart (in half like the original mold) and with using the original G1 arm pieces I'm able to still have the rocket form from both forearms. Head is also freely moveable and on its original headmaster joint for easy removal (will be a part of his tank (making now)). Back pack and tracks also removable for alt. mode. More pics to come as I get closer to completion, alt. base mode as well. Thanks for checking it out.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

2. The_Tracker

The_Tracker ...and his huntsmen!

Ebay:
    Just WOW!

3. wheeljack2010

Thanks man! Still alot more to come, just need a few more supplies to show up and I can finish the lil tank guy. Would like to find a way to incorporate him into the bot mode somehow as well. May have him split in half as well and connect to the back of Omega's lower legs. I also have a 3-D Autobot symbol from shapeways that is going to go in the middle of his robo pecs for some G1 love.

On a side note, if anyone sees this thread and has one of those old Sculpt-bot Omega supreme faceplates, hit me up a PM and i'll make it worth your while.:D 

4. Stormbringer85

Stormbringer85 Well-Known Member

Holy smokes, awesome work man!

5. megadon

megadon Well-Known Member

That's no minor repaint. Looks great!!

6. Dinodigger97

Dinodigger97 germinates within you.

News Credits:
    Amazing work.:) 

7. wheeljack2010

Thanks guys! And yeah, Minor/repaint -I think not, and I haven't even got to the repaint stage......coming this weekend!

8. UltraMagnus2008

UltraMagnus2008 Autobot

News Credits:
    I like how you did the feet, really evens the bot mode out, and unless I'm wrong there's tons of space underneath the stock parts to house them. I'm starting one too, waiting on some G1 parts before I begin. I like how you matched the shoulders, and legs.

9. Rahvin

Rahvin Well-Known Member

The leg swap is easy...but I want to know how he did the shoulder replacement!

The connectors for the two shoulders are different sizes - both the gear for the ratchet, and the flat bit that locks into the shoulder. From what I can tell, I'm going to need to disassemble the torso, remove the attachment assembly, and swap the gears, which are tightly secured on metal rods.

If anyone has any advice, I'd appreciate it. My own OS custom is basically on hold until I can figure it out.

That said, I really like Wheeljack2010's take on Omega. I particularly like how you re-used the Energon head as the face inside of the G1 head. I also dig the G1 feet, and I think they really improve the proportions of the Energon figure. The symmetrical shoulders have always been my preference, as well - if I remember correctly, there was an IDW comic cover that featured an OS with cannons on both his shoulders, and that's a look I've always liked. Never been a fan of the tracks being used as a backpack, though - I prefer how uuser and a few others have created a backpack. I'm going to be using some bits from a junker Primus, myself.

I'm eager to see what you come up with for an alt-mode. That seems to be one of the biggest challenges of a custom Omega Supreme - a alt mode that doesn't look like you just took him apart and left his bits in a pile on the floor.

10. Devastator83

Devastator83 New Member

Is this Omega for sale?

11. LastDecepticon

LastDecepticon Well-Known Member

Tell hasbro please. I love it .

12. Jilm101

Jilm101 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
  13. Cool tables

Cool tables CT - Customs

Facebook:
    Wow,amazing,
    Just love big bots,must make one like this

14. G60Force

G60Force World Smallest Mini-Con

Ebay:
    lol u used the opposite parts of mine :D  well I´ve still gave to finish my second which does use the same parts but again in different combo :p  always cool 2 see how other do!

15. D-Unit

D-Unit #1 Heel

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Awesome. Love the face