Heavy/Scratch: Omega Supreme (WIP)!

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by OmarJT82, Sep 26, 2009.

1. OmarJT82

OmarJT82 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Facing the possibility that Hasbro will never release a Supreme class action figure of Omega Supreme for the Animated toyline and dissatisfied with my own Omega Supreme figure from the Energon toyline, I took it upon myself to create my own Omega Supreme. For this task, I chose Cybertron Supreme class Starscream due to the fact that it is a Supreme class figure and it’s alternate mode comes close the one that Animated Omega Supreme possesses.

Then, took these steps to replace it’s head with that from Energon Supreme class Omega Supreme:

STEP 1: (Omega Supreme_001 & 002)
    I removed the base of Energon Omega Supreme’s head by unscrewing and separating the yellow base surrounding it. The middle black base has 3 parts: outer, inner, bottom. This allows the removable head to rotate when in place. For this project, I only needed the bases’ inner and bottom parts.

STEP 2: (Omega Supreme_003)
    I unscrewed and removed the back portion of Cybertron Supreme class Starscream (which contains the batteries and electronics) and screwed of both the narrow and horseshoe-shaped plastic parts from the bottom of the original head so it could be removed.

STEP 3: (Omega Supreme_004)
    The hole that held the original head in place was to small to fit the inner part of the black base from Energon Omega Supreme. Using a broad, sharp knife, I carved out the hole to make it wide enough for the inner part of the black base to fit in.

STEP 4: (Omega Supreme_005 to 010)
    I screwed back in the horseshoe-shaped plastic part from Cybertron Supreme class Starscream first and then the bottom part of the black base from Energon Omega Supreme to hold the new head in place and screwed in the back of the figure itself.

Lastly, has the 2 drawings of it’s alternate and robot modes demonstrate, I will repaint it in the same color and scheme as Animated Omega Supreme. The drawing of the robot mode shows that the sword on Cybertron Supreme class Starscream’s right arm will be modified or recasted into a triple-barreled cannon, which echoes Animated Omega Supreme’s left three-fingered hand.

Once I’ve gathered the right materials to repaint it, the finished result will be a unique and kick-ass Omega Supreme unlike anything before.

Attached Files:

2. Heat Blast

Heat Blast Laserbeak's Stunt Double

News Credits:
    This'll be interesting...

3. warriorpriest

warriorpriest Priest of Primus

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    neat idea could work.

4. autobotx23

autobotx23 Banned

I like where you are headed, and I can see where you want to go, but this is gonna be one hell of a bash to pull off.

Im gonna look forward to watch you follow up on this one.

5. Magmatron22

Magmatron22 HADOUKEN!!!

If your going to have the head still turn into a robot, you could probably figure out some way to put him in the pilot seat while in jet mode.

6. OmarJT82

OmarJT82 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The head won't be turned into a robot. It's legs will be removed to to make it less cumbersome and the cockpit will repainted as the bridge.

7. Superquad7

Superquad7 OCP Police Crime Prevention Unit 001 Super Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    I'm looking forward to seeing how this turns out :thumb 

8. deliciouspeter

deliciouspeter Back in Black TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Interesting! My only suggestion is to somehow de-emphasize the cockpit somehow. It makes the jet mode seem small.

9. BruticusPrime

BruticusPrime Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I think he looks cool as is!

10. spoonman

spoonman I make bots.

I likes, I likes, I likes it a lot!

11. Bigbot3030

Bigbot3030 Well-Known Member

Omega is my all time favorite character, right behind Prime, so i'm glad your doing this.
    I can't believe no one else has thoguht of that! While not perfect to animated, it's going to look really good when your finished, and will pull off Omega nicely.

I think your going to see alot of copycats when your done. As in "imitation is the sincerest form of flattery". Especailly if you keep up this tutorial you've got going.

Can't wait to see what you do next!

Randy!