Omega Supreme the last line of defence

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Draco Knight, Feb 17, 2009.

1. Draco Knight

Draco Knight Nasty Bot

If Omega Supreme is the Autobots last line of defence because of his size and abilities then why is Fort Max or Metroplex not considered the same?

2. Cast

Cast Roll the dice

Metroplex is actually, I think his tech specs say as much, I think Max is more the ultimate weapon style of deal, unlike Omega and Metro he's not slowed by his size and unlike metroplex he not limited to just earth as a battle ground, max is more like a siege engin or a one bot fleet blockade.

3. Draco Knight

Draco Knight Nasty Bot

According to transformers wikia Omega is the last line for the Autobots, i understand what your saying but i always thought Metro was the primary defence for autobot city.

4. Optimus Sledge

Optimus Sledge Yar har fiddle di dee

Because Omega Supreme came out first*. He was the biggest, baddest Autobot until Metroplex was released. Then Fort Max came along to out big Metroplex.

*as in, his toy was released first. I have no idea if Omega is straight, gay or whatever.

5. Draco Knight

Draco Knight Nasty Bot

Well i'm not to sure if they thought that far ahead about his sexuality lol but they did put romantic/love emotions in it e.g arcee and springer ect, god knows why.

I don't know how they could have had metroplex as the last line as he was always bitch fighting with trypticon.

6. Erector

Erector I ruined the Hall of Fame

News Credits:
    Have you seen the size of that rocket? god damn, boy!

7. ninety

ninety NERDS!!

News Credits:
    One hand's a 'rocket' and the other's a nipple clamp, in a battery powered toy, this was aimed at kids? :D 

On topic: Optimus Sledge has the right answer, it's down to the toys release.

8. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    This thread got hilarious in a hurry. :lolol 

Anyway, yeah - I feel that it's a case of Omega being the last line of defense at the time of his release.

9. MoeSizzlac

MoeSizzlac Newb Customizer

Absolutely hilarious!

10. Gadep

Gadep Banned

News Credits:
    Omega is a flame...he has a rocket engine as a hand...."see"

another thing to think about...the ark would most likely get defended by omega than fortmax or metroplex...plus metroplex and fortmax usually are staffed by autobots all the time...omega supreme being a "defense base" would most likely be able to get up and go when the going is needed for smashing decepticon attackers...mobilty wise omega probably could deploy and move faster from base mode to rallying defense postion at little or no notice versus the other two....

look at the clusterfuck that the G1 movie had when they were trying to "transform" autobot city when the decepticon's attacked...the barbarians were at the gate before the gate even barely got dropped closed...

11. jorod74

jorod74 Psycholagnist (Ret.)

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    What about the City Guardian angle?

Those Guardians were considered the last line of defense for their respective cities.
    Omega was no different.

and i agree with what was said about the difference between Metro and Max.
    In the Movie, Metro wasn't really what you'd call a sentient being, needing a team of bots to transform him.

also, as those two are cities, with all the "ant-like" inhabitants running around, it isn't like those city bots can just up and go.
    (Same thing for SDF-1, right?)

Omega was self sufficient and vastly more mobile.
    only one problem with him is that he was a tank on a track. how can that be a defensive position? in bot mode, oh hells yeah, he was a defensive position, though.

12. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Sorcerer

News Credits:
    Yeah, OS did such a bangup job protecting the ark in S3 against Trypticon.

The big difference is that OS was portrayed as being a gestalt and space transport in one. Metroplex was anchored on Earth, and Fortress Maximus, well Fort Max has so many different abilities and backgrounds based on the continuity, but let's just say he was late to the party.

OS had the advantage in being able to move across the galaxy with troops, and put up a strong fight anywhere, defensive or offensive well before Fort Max came to be.

13. sto_vo_kor_2000

sto_vo_kor_2000 Banned

Omega is the last line of defense for the "ARK".....while Metroplex is the same for the rest of Autobot city.

14. tikgnat

tikgnat Baweepgranaweepninnybong. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    So when Autobot City was made and all the Bots moved into their swish new home they left the Giant angry monosyllabic sex toy Guardian robot to guard the Ark by himself?

Harsh. Guess Magnus didn't want to deal with him either.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2009
  15. Cast

Cast Roll the dice

I think going by cartoon and techspecs Max is more mobil and faster than Omega but he was built like millions of years later so.

16. odelay

odelay Downunder-bot

Omega Supreme was more hardcore than Metroplex, Omega had a gun for a hand and a gun in his head like a backwards baseball cap with attitude.
    And he wasn't gonna let losing some pissy little sprocket stop him from transforming.

And what a Transformation, he turned into the most phallic alt mode of any Transformer.

17. Prescient

Prescient Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Don’t forget Omega Supreme much like many of the early TFs was based on the existing toys and they fit the cartoon / comic look to the toy rather than designing the toy to fit the cartoon.

The 1980 Grandstand Omegatron mold that Omega Supreme came from is simply why he looks like he does.

I have a few of the Omegatrons all of which are working, and it is a great testament to the design of a toy that is now nearly 30 years old which can walk and do all it does. Also in the lore / history of Transformers Omega was around long before Metroplex or Fort Max was.

18. sto_vo_kor_2000

sto_vo_kor_2000 Banned

What makes you think the Ark was abandoned????

It wouldnt make sence for them to leave the ARK un-manned or un-defended.

19. Blitz.

Blitz. Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    like most people I think it was just down to the order of the toys getting released

but if you want to get your retcon on it could all be sorted out just by saying OS just cant cover all of the autobot bases at the same time and thus they made metro to compensate

20. Optimus Sledge

Optimus Sledge Yar har fiddle di dee

You don't even need to retcon it, at least not for the cartoon. Omega Supreme was running around on Earth twenty years before Metroplex or Fortress Maximus were built.