Omega Supreme Problem solved

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by cluelessinauckland, Sep 26, 2006.

1. cluelessinauckland

cluelessinauckland New Member

Hi guys'n'girls. I have seen on www.girlsoffilm.com a new product to repair and fix Omega supreme's that do not walk - the old Generation Ones.

A newly produced Cam Drive for the walking mechanisim. Pretty cool.

2. Hiro Prime

Hiro Prime Cybertronian Guru Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    That's very cool. I can't tell you how many times I've had to look for old beat-up OS's for those parts to fix mint toys. I may pick up a set for my OS.
    :dj 

3. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    my OS walks just fine, but thx!

*ka chugga, ka chugga*

man, OS is gettin' nowhere in a hurry.

4. Backscatter

Backscatter Autobot Brainmaster TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ditto, but then again, I never put batteries in my G1 Omega Supreme to find out.

5. $5HotRod

$5HotRod Trailbreaker Fan

Ebay:
    I like the idea for their design, but there are some things that are just bothering me about all of this.

"Special tools had to be forged?" I'm sorry but I don't see why special tools need to be made. The main body can be easily made with a lathe and a milling machine if we want to keep it to within 1000th of an inch. The pin that inserts into the leg can also be made in a similar fashion. The spring looks like your typical run-of-the-mill spring that you can get out of a parts catalog and the same goes for the set screw. What special tools had to be forged?

I also have trouble believing that metal...I think those are metal...looks like stainless steel from my experience...will not harm the plastic treads. With enough use, abrasion damage will occur if even it is only minor in addition to the usual wear and tear. In this case, plastic is much softer than steel, so while their claim that the cams won't wear is likely true, I think the treads will be damaged. If these parts for the cam were made out of polypropylene (a cheap plastic that should be strong enough for the job) then I could believe that they wouldn't harm the plastic treads.

6. Parsox

Parsox Lieutenant

Anybody have any luck with these or know where to get repro cams for OS...or do you have to buy junkers hoping to get a cam or two that works

thanks

parsox