Omega Supreme and Guardian

Discussion in 'Transformers Animated Discussion' started by Solscud007, Mar 19, 2009.

1. Solscud007

Solscud007 Banned

News Credits:
    Ok I was re-watching old episodes of Animated and I realized that the elite guard's ship is a slightly modified version of Omega Supreme. Also it happens to be in the same color scheme as the Ehobby City Guardian. So does that mean that possibly the Elit Guard ship may turn into a Guardian?

Also isnt it strange how the "most powerful weapon" that the autobots have turns into basically Red Dwarf?

Ok i know that in the show the autobots and decepticons talk about millions of stellar cycles and crap like that, but that is only in reference to the viewers, humans. It seems that the average lifespan of an autobot is a lot different than ours. SO . . . in context of an autobot's life, take ratchet, its not like generations have passed. He is still alive and kicking. So in his life time, a super secret transforming ship, the absolute top of the line in military weaponry and it turns into a ship for repair bots?

Sounds kinda flaky.

2. Harbinger

Harbinger ecnayonnA

or the autobots designed alot of ships off him or made him look like a common design for their ships so the decepticons could never find out where he went, plus who would bother with a weak repair team ship anyways.

3. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    Sounds like a cunning plan, you ask me. What better cover for an ultimate weapon?

4. Solscud007

Solscud007 Banned

News Credits:
    But why bother giving it to Ratchet? I know from season 3, ratchet and omega supreme have a very close relationship. Teacher and student so to speak. He was damaged apparently and had to go into stasis. Sooooo why send out a vital piece of autobot weaponry as a junk ship? why not spend the time and energon to fix it up right? it doesnt seem like ratchet's priorities were focused on getting omega supreme fixed up asap. He has time to waste repairing space bridges?

again silly.

5. Dom

Dom TFA Supporter

News Credits:
    There is no more powerful weapon in the universe than a transforming Red Dwarf (classic version, not cgi)

6. Harbinger

Harbinger ecnayonnA

best to keep ratchet and omega supreme together just in case, they are, after all, needed to make the system work. they may not have been able to revive Omega in any case at the time and since the autobots had won the war, why get a war machine back up and running when the enemy is leaving?

i should also point out that program "omega" prime keeps wanting to do may have more to do with heavy weapons then omega supreme. i think the only one that knows anything about what really happened with omega supreme is ratchet.

7. HiKaizer

HiKaizer Plot Botherer

Considering that the war was over and Omega Supreme was thus no longer needed, Ratchet probably deliberately requested that he could be with Omega Supreme. He represents a lot of things to Ratchet after all, both for the bond they shared, as well as his connection to Arcee. I think it possible that the Elite Guard might have even dissected or recycled Omega Supreme if this was the case, had Ratchet not interfered.

Of course, this is a lot of inference. It would be nice of the writers to give us a slightly more plausible or detailed explanation of the whole situation later admittedly.

8. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    Omega Supreme was basically DEAD, or at least to everyone BUT Ratchet. Instead of letting him go to waste, they turned off his weapons and used him as a ship for repair crews. (he was still a battle ship, just without weapons. He doesn't actually trun into a repair ship, which is NOT a junk ship) Like HiKaizer said, it was probably Ratchet who requested he stay with that particular unit. Without the Allspark it's not like they could've just brought him back to life. (And Ratchet's a medi-bot, not a Miracle worker, Jim)

And when you consider how long a TF's life span is, Ratchet must be ancient, even by TF standards, since he's aged visibly unliek guys like Bumblebee, Bulkhead or Optimus. Take into account that guys like Jazz, and Sentinel are never present in the great war flashbacks or mentioned having been in the war, it goes without saying that the great war literally ended centuries ago. A LOT of centuries.

Also, the S2 commentary made note that the Elite Guard ship resembles Omega Supreme, though they stopped themselves from going into specifics.

9. Torque

Torque The WORDSMITH

News Credits:
    i figure they lent out Omega Supreme to Ratchet and his crew for a few reasons:

1) Ratchet and Omega's close bond
    2) they swore to never use that kind of a weapon again
    3) he became obselete

ya, i know, #3 is like "huh? whats he talkin about?" well, when you look at the Elite Guard ship, it resembles Omega Supreme, but is even bigger. so maybe it turns into something more destructive, but also more controlable. probably a last ditch effort weapon, like Omega Supreme was, and Magnus cant turn him on without a Unanimous vote in the High Council room. something that will be hard to do with Longarm Prime there.

10. Vexza

Vexza Nerdicon

Right, I remember in the Rise of Safeguard he said he wouldn't try something as drastic as Project Omega.

Anyways, I think pretty much what Torque said.